Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Simian_Prime posted:

Feels like all that’s needed to pull the rug out from Paizo is for Wizards to release a setting that’s explicitly “D&D, but in Space.”

Back in the 4e days I was working on a bit of a homebrew thing for D&D in space. A lot of it was quite fun to stat up but I may have gone a smidge overboard in trying to figure out if it was feasible to do zero-G combat.

One of these days I'll rework that setting into a system less trashy than D&D. It had some quirky fun bits included, with an overall more "industrial" sort of feel than your standard Spelljammer stuff. Basically a magitech kind of thing, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Elizabeth Mills posted:

I was able to brute Force 3D combat with a die showing relative elevation to a fixed point (the dragon they were all fighting), but it was clunky

3D wasn't the issue, it was the whole momentum thing. I got about two iterations into this subsystem for pushing off walls and stuff when I thought "hang on this is needlessly complex".

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Xelkelvos posted:

3d movement with zero g inertia would be extremely weird when put onto a grid without a computer running the calculations.

Yeah, I figured that out fairly fast, so I just sort of handwaved in some artificial gravity stuff to the setting and made a "freefall" status that made you immobile while doubling forced movement effects as a quick hack, as well as some minor magic item "magnetic boots" type footwear to make you immune.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Xotl posted:

One is a culture warrior who constantly rails about the dangers of SJWs and cultural leftism, and the other is anything but. This isn't complicated. Nor does it have any bearing on whether or not they're good people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

"anything but"

Yeah tell me more about how the guy who harasses trans designers out of the industry is a polar opposite to the guy who wants minorities out of the industry.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

not all bad people are bad in the same way...that shouldn't really be controversial

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Loomer posted:

https://postmortemstudios.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/rpg-company-statement-on-zak-smith/ I know one company that ain't getting my business anymore. To me, the applicable burden of proof is well satisfied and these pricks wanting beyond reasonable doubt rather than on the balance of possibilities/more likely than not can go suck an egg.

That's Desborough, he shouldn't be getting anyone's money anyway.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

wizzardstaff posted:

That profile picture disappeared from the twitter account within minutes of it being posted here.

That entire profile is gone now. Hello Zachary! Just a quick note to you, you mediocre hack, that you can go eat a bucket of turds.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Christ, Forgotten Realms loving sucks. Just make a Dark Sun game like everyone actually wants.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
drat, yeah. Gotta concede that point.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
If my DBZ fan game veers far enough away from base PBTA to warrant a different descriptive engine name, I think I'm going to insist people use "Punched by the Goku".

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Kurieg posted:

how about PUOE, Powered Up Over Episodes.

Trained in the Gravity Chamber.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Tuxedo Catfish posted: