Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kale
May 14, 2010

I wanted to know if there's any sort of app that functions similar to how adblock works for Chrome desktop where you can choose to add your own custom filters and blocks of virtually any sort of web content rather than just having to work from a list of presets, but for Android based phones. I'm finding certain websites I use just eating away at my data at faster rates than they should be and have a feeling I can get around it if I can block specific content from loading altogether but neither Adblock Plus for Samsung Browser or anything else Google Play recommends seems to have anything other than specific preset filters that don't treat the content I need to block as ads? If there's one that lets you do this that works either for Samsung Internet or Chrome for Android that'd be perfect.

Kale fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The only one I know to be customizable is uBlock Origin as an addon for Firefox for Android.
It's a little clunky because it's the normal PC UI, but works well enough.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I would also stop using adblock for Chrome and use ublock origin for your desktop, it's likely to also work for your phone's chrome but don't quote me on that.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ublock, alright lets try that. Thanks goons.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Kale posted:

Ublock, alright lets try that. Thanks goons.

Make sure you get uBlock Origin, which is actually in active development instead of normal uBlock.

• Locked thread