Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HGH and Centaur Paintings is back for the 2018 season. Praise be to the future CEO of Outback Steakhouse, Alex Rodriguez.

This season's theme is the Australian Baseball League.
Please name your team after Vegemite, Men at Work, giant cans of Foster's, kangaroos, Crocodile Dundee, didgeridoos, and that episode of the Simpsons.

:siren: Stupid Special Rules :siren:
There is a $10 Dollarydoo fee, with the money divvied up 60/30/10 to the first, second, and third place teams respectively. Every year the winner has been paid so your ten dollarydoos are safe with me.
Mandatory 3 Keeper rules. You must keep 3 players before the draft, despite how lovely your roster is. If you don't keep three players you will be booted by the Prime Minister, Andy.

This is an ESPN league with 80% goons in it. Scoring is Average, Home Runs, RBI, Runs, Walks, and Stolen Bases on offense. Strikeouts, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

We use the Free Agent Auction System which isn't nearly as awful as it sounds. It actually makes for really funny moments like last season when I blew all my waiver money on Andrew McCutchen and missed out on Cody Bellinger despite not having a 1B worth fuckall.

This is the current roster size. Last season we added a 4th OF which helped prevent the glut of good OFs sitting on the waiver wire.

Draft Date is Sunday, March 18 at 7:00 PM ET

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reserved for people who haven't paid their fee

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yo I've been busy and am just now getting back into fantasy stuff but I'm in for another season for sure

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'm in, I was El DF Smogeaters last year

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Yo I've been busy and am just now getting back into fantasy stuff but I'm in for another season for sure

Can you tell me which team you run?

coronaball posted:

I'm in, I was El DF Smogeaters last year

Sweet so far we have 4 teams returning, I'll try to email others directly.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

Can you tell me which team you run?
Los Aztecas a.k.a. the team that dominated the regular season and then jd martinez hit 4 dingers on the first day of the playoffs and i couldn't quite recover to beat coronaball :mad:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

Los Aztecas a.k.a. the team that dominated the regular season and then jd martinez hit 4 dingers on the first day of the playoffs and i couldn't quite recover to beat coronaball :mad:

:sad:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
TiTs reporting in (Tijuana Tightasses).

Hopefully getting out of Mexico will mean my team doesn't poo poo all over itself again.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I need to hear back from the owners of the Osuna Matatas and Bad Homers and then we're all set.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Huh, I thought I already replied to this thread. I'm Bad Homers and I'm in.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

cebrail posted:

Huh, I thought I already replied to this thread. I'm Bad Homers and I'm in.

Awesome all we need is Osuna Matata and we're ready.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I've tried emailing Osuna Matata twice, I've even sent him a PM on the forums (I think he's Darude - Adam Sandstorm) and I've received no responses, so I am guessing I need to replace him. It's a bummer because he won in '14 and was a good owner, but I'd like to draft rather soon. So if anyone knows him please tell him we miss him, or I guess his team is available.

It has Goldschmidt and Trea Turner so it won't be hard to find a fill-in if he doesn't respond.
http://games.espn.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=139252&teamId=4&seasonId=2018

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
As far as draft dates let me know if Sundays does not work for anyone.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I am trying to have the other goon draft on Sunday 3/25, but I'm having trouble getting poo poo together in that League. Since we are basically full already maybe we could draft on Sunday 3/18?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
gently caress I'd rather have his team :lol:

He has Bellinger too.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

gently caress I'd rather have his team :lol:

He has Bellinger too.

I think most people would. I have Altuve, Lindor and Springer but I would trade that for Goldschmidt/Turner/Bellinger in a heartbeat.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have someone wanting to take over a team, let me know when we should jettison that owner and swap him out. He's been with us from the beginning so I've been reluctant to cut him loose.

coronaball posted:

I am trying to have the other goon draft on Sunday 3/25, but I'm having trouble getting poo poo together in that League. Since we are basically full already maybe we could draft on Sunday 3/18?

Would love to do 3/18 personally. In fact that's what I'm aiming for. Is that good for everyone else? The sooner we draft the better.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

I have someone wanting to take over a team, let me know when we should jettison that owner and swap him out. He's been with us from the beginning so I've been reluctant to cut him loose.

I'd give him a little longer, he was posting regularly on SA until like 2 weeks ago.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I went ahead and set a draft date for Sunday, March 18, at 7PM EST. I can maneuver the hours around if someone has a work conflict.

coronaball posted:

I'd give him a little longer, he was posting regularly on SA until like 2 weeks ago.

Yeah I'll give him a couple more days, I saw he posted earlier this week in the MLB thread so maybe he's been busy.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I sent out the email for league dues. Please send in your :tenbux: If you didn't get the email I can post my paypal here.

Also if the awol owner doesn't turn up by tonight I'm going to have to replace him :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

PayPal sent

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

PayPal sent

Awesome thanks! :thumbsup:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Paypal sent.

Rand alPaul posted:

I went ahead and set a draft date for Sunday, March 18, at 7PM EST. I can maneuver the hours around if someone has a work conflict.

7PM works for me, but any later than that could be difficult.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Paypalllllled.

Also 7pm is just skirting when I could do it. I can't do any earlier. I may not even be there for 7pm.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Draft time works for me. Guess I better start looking at some mock drafts and stuff lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Just throwing it out there in case anyone has any interest in Encarnacion or Anthony Rendon. I have a glut of 1B and 3B.

(I know, it looks like everyone else does too.)

• Locked thread