Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

eonwe posted:

i dont know what happened to the old trump thread and i dont want to know because every time something like this happens its usually weird, gross, embarrassing, illegal, or usually all of the above

Signing your posts is back, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

i mainly associate it with rambling about polls and health care policy in the background while everyone dances around me throwing feces :thunk:

I mainly associate it with aeronautic disasters

Apr 7, 2003

That DICK! posted:

hey guys - here's a great "i remembered a trump thing" moment - remember when trump was getting interviewed in the oval office and the reporter quoted some nixon quote or whatever about the room not having any corners to hide in and trump went on a long stupid rant about the existence of corners

Actually very strong evidence of organic brain damage, since there's a part of your brain that lets you understand metaphors

Apr 7, 2003

Addamere posted:

im the idiot posting in the trump thread

Turn on your mon... oh!

Apr 7, 2003

Addamere posted:

how come in star trek and star wars the -ites come from the planet -Prime and the -ans come from the planet -us or -or, but humans still come from someplace else entirely

like the tellarites are from tellar prime the mon calamari are from mon cala the bajorans are from bajor but humans nope they are from earth or coruscant or whatever

how come we dont call earth human prime or call our race earthans

Star Wars isn't real and you shouldn't expect it to be consistent. HTH

Apr 7, 2003

alnilam posted:

your not real,

Oh I'm real bitch

Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh...

Apr 7, 2003

punchymcpunch posted:

what happened, a murder photoshop?

Trump!

Apr 7, 2003

I wish Toomey would build momentum towards the inlet of a wood chipper.

Apr 7, 2003

Bearjew posted:

How does Toomey get reelected in PA

Abortion bad, gun good. Chuds have the memory of a gnat.

Apr 7, 2003

Woodchip posted:

don’t push that in here man.

Nice

Apr 7, 2003

Duscat posted:

yeah i think the 46k is just facebook ads that facebook admits to

the troll factory must have cost twice that much every month

That's about what I got paid to post here over the past year

I still got a positive review and a raise too.

Apr 7, 2003

The best thing about a Ring doorbell is that I get to check my own rear end out when I come home.

Apr 7, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

lmao lowtax got banned from twitter again

I don't think I'm going to judge someone for getting banned from Nazi: The Platform

Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

lol not even close

Nuke Canada

Apr 7, 2003

jerry seinfel posted:

video sucks. it's the most annoying loving thing.

hey, you wanna know how to do this simple thing? watch this 5 minute video instead of me writing a paragraph! engagement! positive reacts only!

Apr 7, 2003

Good soup! posted:

lmao yes please continue attacking school shooting survivors, im sure that will help the completely a-ok outlook for republican voters in the coming years

This guy's POV is widely shared and attacking the kids will work.

Apr 7, 2003

Are chuds incapable of understanding that multiple people can have the same name?

Apr 7, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Love to use my crisis actors on crises like a bodysurfer fighting with a lifeguard.

I know a lot of these conspiracy people are just dipshits looking for a way to justify their lovely beliefs. Are some of them suffering from that Truman Show delusion where they think everything everywhere is staged?

The human brain actually has difficulty sorting reality from fiction and these people have grown up constantly surrounded by fiction they think is true

Boomers watch lovely CBS shows about how we're surrounded by brown hordes who want to murder us because we're the best people on earth and they're jealous. They think it's real and they vote accordingly.

Apr 7, 2003

I did a thing posted:

is Culture worth reading?

No.

Apr 7, 2003

Science fiction and fantasy in general are garbage. Especially fantasy. The sooner you realize that, the less time you'll waste reading poo poo.

Apr 7, 2003

Fantasy in particular is loving garbage. It gives emotionally immature people a vacuum of authority in which they can vicariously live out antisocial urges.

Even "good" fantasy like Jack Vance's Lyonesse sits on that foundation.

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

that's why revelation space is good

writer purposely put in characters who acted like humans and no autistic teenage male fantasies

I used to work with an older dude who was into decent sci fi and would loan me books that weren't pulp trash and Revelation Space was one of them, good book.

I'm trying to read Wool right now but it reads like it was written by someone who failed English 101.

Apr 7, 2003

my favorite fantasy author? TRUMP

Apr 7, 2003

a helpful bear posted:

i remember when leo laporte was trying to make people say something other than POD casting then it came out that he was a huge rear end in a top hat and womanizer and now he's in the toilet (he was never out of the toilet lol)

Controversial opinion: There's nothing wrong with being a womanizer as long as everyone consents.

Apr 7, 2003

:thunk:

Apr 7, 2003

It's 2018, we're all going to die in nuclear hellfire and nothing matters, gently caress anyone you'd like.

Apr 7, 2003

zegermans posted:

the concept of womanizing is steeped in power differential

Obviously you don't want to be using a position of power to gently caress people who depend on you for their well-being, but I don't see anything wrong with being promiscuous.

Apr 7, 2003

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I disagree with tayne, I don't think anybody should gently caress kids, or rape any one, or use sex to degrade and control someone

I see what you did there

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

they did an entire episode about why Hurley was still fat on the island

turn on your monitor?

Apr 7, 2003

Someone on these forums created a Cliff Notes version of Iain Banks's Player of Games a few years back.

quote:

Gurgeh stared at the space chess. He considered moving the space king over to the space rook, but then he didn't. Instead, he moved it to the right. He nodded. The robot flew over, and said something bitchy. Gurgeh chuckled, then sighed. "Robot," he said, "please fly away." The robot made a light from his head and then he flew away.

Gurgeh stared at the board. He reflected that the best games were the games that were so hard. And that what this game was. Where would he move the space piece next?

"Well, Gurgeh!" harrumphed the space alien. "Perhaps now you see that the game is so hard?" Gurgeh nodded. The game was so hard. That night, he thought about the space board. He glanded a drug that made the game less hard, but even then, it was still so hard. Gurgeh was immortal and rich, but still he didn't want to lose, because it would be better to win. But the game was so hard.

The robot flew over. "Gurgeh!" said the robot. If you don't win, there will be a space murder, and maybe a space rape!" Gurgeh was appalled. "I must win the space game," he said. He sighed.

The next day, the alien bragged: "I will win the space game! I am the best at winning the space game!" Gurgeh sighed. But then Gurgeh saw what he would do: instead of moving the space piece to the left, he would move it forward. The alien was so surprised. "But... but the game is supposed to be so hard!" But Gurgeh was very smart. He moved the piece again, and in a way that was so smart.

"NOOOOO," shouted the space alien. Gurgeh had made the best move. He had made the best space move. The robot congratulated him, and the girl wanted to have sex with him. "Well," thought Gurgeh, "I will have sex with her. I am, after all... THE PLAYER OF GAMES."

Apr 7, 2003

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I'm learning all sorts of effective rhetorical strategies in these dark times

pretty good idea, arguing from good faith is broke as gently caress anymore.

Apr 7, 2003

Hardon History, wherein Dan Carlin reviews the great boners of history.

Apr 7, 2003

Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire are garbage.

Apr 7, 2003

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Hey, remember when the memo was going to put Hillary and Obama behind bars with undeniable proof of underground satanic pedophile sex dungeons?

That was cool, right?

Check out chud media. They've internalized that the Nunes memo established a legal justification to throw every Democrat in jail, and that's an established fact they'll argue from moving forward.

Apr 7, 2003

juche avocado posted:

i now have enough muscle to almost bend my ribcage flat (birth defect) lol why didnt i start working out in high school (I know why lol) TRUMP

(yesterday, we found out about my culture-vacuum high school inspiring yet another almost mass-shooter lol)

lol trump

does bending your ribcage flat keep you from posting? If so, keep working out

Apr 7, 2003

juche avocado posted:

im +1 cup of coffee more than normal caffeinated but besides that yes

that dog owns

Obligatory "turn on your monitor"

Apr 7, 2003

Squizzle posted:

iks arent mods

Programmers aren't engineers

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

also white supremacy has like everything shifted and evolved over he years so things like David Clark and netanHyu make sense now

yeah, the modern extreme right echo chamber originally started out as Jim Trafficante-style anti-Reagan poo poo in the late eighties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

did he think to like say "who is there?"

he wanted to kill someone

like, a majority of american gun owners are Travis Bickle practicing looking cool in the mirror.

http://www.wtae.com/article/jury-clears-upper-st-clair-veteran-who-shot-man-to-death-in-washington/7466253

this guy put himself in a position to legally murder someone over an over until he managed to do so, and got away with it. he is not atypical.

• Locked thread