Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Not our problem. Go rest and learn how to make magicannons over our apprenticeship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The Lone Badger posted:

This is extremely not our problem.

Agreed, let's go make guns already

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
This is our problem

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Ok how about we be the guy who makes Origin Story Murder Batman's gear for him?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Tony Stark is a billionaire superhero that got rich from making guns. Let's be stark

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Well, if we make explosive rounds and really, REALLY scale them up we can probably invent artillery. Plate the shells with silver and add silver shavings into the powder, fire into a horde of werewolves. :getin:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

super sweet best pal posted:

Your current funds are somewhere around [0.1], spend about a quarter of that on the weekend paper?

Vote: Yes, buy the paper.

There are more things in the weekend edition than just the robbery news article.

There would be classifieds, current events, social pieces, just general news about the city.

Let's read up and see what's going on about town, and in the wider world; there could even be information about the war.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

ARE THERE COUPONS?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Blasphemaster posted:

ARE THERE COUPONS?

"Just the grocers' today. Nothing fun this weekend but at least I don't have to skip meals as often."

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I like to imagine we just shouted this question like an excited housewife.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

IT SAYS 2 FOR 1 AMMO ON WEDNESDAYS AFTER 3 PM! :homebrew:

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Deadmeat5150 posted:

this is amazing

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Ralith posted:

this is amazing

Everyone else im the shop slowly turning around to stare at us for a few seconds before resuming ignoring us.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I WOULD LIKE TO START A WAAAUGH AGAINST THE MANAGER!

Voting closed since it's overwhelmingly against.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You decide not to buy a paper. "Suit yourself, the juicy stuff about it was in last week's paper when it happened anyway." He wanders off to yell at more people about the paper.

Eventually the ferryman blows the horn, signalling that the cargo is unloaded. With the dockworkers out of the way you're free to head on board to the passenger deck benches as the boat casts off. The paperboy enters as well, having sold his last paper, and sits down next to you. "Delivering books," he asks half-interested.

You explain you bought them, that they're mostly things you wanted to know for your apprenticeship or were salvaged from the bookstore's junk bin.

"Ah, ok. Don't know if I want to be one of thems, don't think they'll let me bring my friend along 'cause he's a couple years younger than I am and probably wouldn't be able to afford rent on the shed if I left. So what do you do?"

You explain that you work for the local gunsmith and his eyes grow wide. "Wow, really," he stares at you, impressed that you get to make weapons. You tell him a bit about the guns you examined during your first week and he keeps getting more impressed.

Eventually the boat reaches the other side. "Guess it's time to go home then," he says as he goes down to the lower deck and drags a large hand cart out.

"My name's Jack," he shouts at you as he exits the ferry, "You ever want a paper, I'll stop by on the way to the dock, just shout 'Hey Jackie,' if you like the headline."

You tell him you probably won't be able to afford one for a while. He just waves goodbye.

Back at the shop, Jacko looks up at you. "Finally back? Glad you weren't kidnapped or drowned in the river. I'd hate to be stuck here an extra year training your replacement if that happened. If you're looking for the master, he's at his town house, drinking with Lord Firebrand and Minister Thresher after his meeting, celebrating the kickbacks they'll be awarding each other in Parliament on Monday."

You head upstairs with your bundle of books, arranging them on the bookshelf.

Gained:
Thaumaturgy and Sacred Geometry
Applied Physics & Everyday Objects
Aesthetics 101
(Damaged)
Bestiary of Terror (Damaged)
Secrets of Royal Chefs (Damaged)
History of Goatsbridge (Low Quality)
Minerals, Metals and Gems (Cosmetically Damaged)

Gained Inert Spellbook Journal

You can't wait to write down everything that's happened so far. Too bad you don't have a pen. You try to borrow the one from the front desk when you go downstairs to eat but Jacko glares at you when you try to grab it. "That's for business only," he says, "You'll have to get your own if you want to draw or whatever it is you plan on doing, and don't think you can take one from the office, the master keeps it locked when he leaves."

Since you decided to spend most of the day crossing the city and attending classes, you won't be able to devote as much time to the rest of the things you wanted to do. Of the three other activities you'd planned for the weekend, what do you least care about.
A Attending church
B Practicing with gun parts
C Practicing marksmanship

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B

Gotta keep on the good side of the gods, and the master said we can't be a true gunsmith until we can shoot so no real point dicking around with the mechanical side if we're not gonna be able to play with them until we can shoot anyways.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A, our workshop is our temple, and our creations are our devotions. Dakka for the Dakka God, Guns for the Gun Throne

Edit: drat it Cryo why you gotta go and make sense like that

B then,but my statement stands

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
CrazyCryo's got the right of it. B is the only way to be.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

B no tinkerin for now

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A. Get our hot tub on.

Aesthetics 101 (Damaged)
:v:

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A

Who cares about church anyways.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 27, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Cryo's logic appeals. B.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gonna join the B train.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: B

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
C. I don't give a gently caress about shootin' em. I make'em.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You fall asleep, dreaming strange dreams as your brain copes with the day's knowledge. You find yourself wandering through forests full of slime, workshops filled with stars, magic slinging gangsters, all with no continuity between them but flowing together. Eventually your dream focuses on an old lady in the garden of a town house listening to a phonograph. Eventually a schoolmarm walks in through the back gate and a maid and butler exit the house. They all sit down at the patio table and begin a game of cards with no apparent rules, but every time one speaks they lay down a card.

"Such a good boy, willing to help out his friend even though he was benefiting from it," the old lady says.

"He could've just walked away. No good will come of hanging around that hooligan," the teacher replies.

"He chose to help, he could've just bought regular books or kept the money," the maid responds in turn.

"He thought it more beneficial for him to have all those damaged ones and you know it," the says the teacher again.

"Madam, you speak out of turn," the butler says, glaring at her, "Tea's about done, may I suggest a new game? A bit of reading the leaves?" He walks back inside, not caring for a response, and brings a tea set back out and hands out drinks.

A burst of noise interrupts the music and a card falls out of the phonograph's horn.

"Quite right," the maid says as she sips her tea, "Good or ill, he set things in motion he won't understand when they come back around, unless..."

She stares at you and you find yourself staring at the leaves in her empty teacup. The shape of the city, all the streets and buildings represented, yet the northwest and southeast sections appear indistinct. You find yourself focusing on the southwest section of the map, where you were earlier today.

Your name is Gunther, you're a nobody. Your parents were nobodies, your grandparents were nobodies. You didn't want for basic necessities but you had dreams of something bigger than your current life. You wanted wealth, you wanted power. Not the kind of wealth the man could take away from you when they decided you didn't need it. Not the kind of power that came with the man's rules saying you could never use it.

Your boss was demanding a third of your month's wages for a reprocessing fee, but you just convinced that gun nut you'd known in school to pay for it and made a small commission using a clever application of store's refund policy. Of course, Mr Huck was pissed when he got back but calmed down surprisingly quickly. He started talking about your bright future in the world of business and mentioned he had a niece about your age. Tempting, but marrying into a family of merchants wasn't exactly the big score you'd had planned when you came down here, even if they did control everything like he kept telling you.

You were looking for the real power in this city, the people who pulled the strings from the shadows. You had two options:
A. Outside a nearby tavern, you saw some guys shake down a former soldier. He begged them to think of their time in the army together but they said the army didn't pay their bills now that it was done with them and that someone named Lord Delmiir didn't like it when people he loaned money to decided to shoot it up their arm instead of paying it back. Delmiir is apparently a crazy old orc who thinks himself the rightful king of the elves. Asking around, you learned his hideout is in the northwest end of town and a lot of unwanted veterans and broke youngest sons of the nobility either work for him or are in debt to him. Maybe he'd give you a job as a lookout or something if you took the extra money you saved up and claimed you managed to shake down someone who owed him money. The rumors said he was especially violent even by the standards of first generation orcs and he'd fly into a murderous rage when someone forgot to refer to him as King or mentioned the church in his presence.

B. Over the past week your boss frequently spoke with customers who looked suspiciously unlike university students. You couldn't catch much of the conversations, but a name stuck out, a "Mr Wright". You ran after one of them when he visited on your break, asking if he needed anything delivered to Wright at a later date; he was terrified that you'd heard the name. It took some convincing to make him believe you weren't a snitch, but he eventually relented and said it was your funeral if you went down there. Wright was apparently the leader of some gang called the Wyrm's Eye. Merchants who didn't pay him protection money suddenly found themselves unable to staff their factories or their goods mysteriously falling into the river while being loaded onto the ferry. Few people in the organization actually knew what Wright actually looked like, his lieutenants would disappear into a vault every day and emerge with new orders. Some never came back out.

C. Give up your dream of being a gangster No, you've come this far and no feelings of guilt or fear are going to stop you.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

B

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A sounds like delicious plot when we're Zogsnak again.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C. No guilt, no fear, just the acceptance that there is a better way and a willingness to strive for it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

A king, huh?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B instability in a mob boss is a double-edged sword for potential climbers.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: A

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Slaan posted:

A king, huh?

You disappoint me.

Write-in: Hunt down and eat Mr. Wright.

:colbert:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Blasphemaster posted:

You disappoint me.

Write-in: Hunt down and eat Mr. Wright.

:colbert:

Most people don't actively fantasize about cannibalism, that is the domain of madmen and the Corrupted. If you take on a significant amount of Corruption on any character, you can choose to embrace it and have them commit heinous acts.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

If you take on a significant amount of Corruption on any character, you can choose to embrace it and have them commit heinous acts.

Well, looks like you done gone and did it now; every vote from now on will be the 'Full Corruption' run. :ocelot: :)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
We wont stop until we've gone full Fallen London.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

We haven't got NEARLY enough bats for that yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

B