Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
In good racing news, Isle of Mann TT is up and going again for the year, and is looking to be brilliant as always.

In really bad news, Dan Kneen was killed in a crash during superbike practice, and shortly after whilst the riders were being called back in, Steve Mercer was seriously injured in a crash with the course car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

algebra testes posted:

It's tough the Isle of Man intersects closely between "Adults should be free within reason to do what they want" and also "maybe Superbikes are too quick for the IOM now."

But, the Daytona 200 died when they went to 750s or whatever so maybe it's best to keep with them

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Sidecars are limited to 600cc at IoM, I dunno why solo bikes are somehow less dangerous at 1000.

The thing is that the lap record for 600's is only ~45 seconds a lap (6mph average speed) slower than the 1000's so really it's bugger all. What matters is when things go wrong you have no margin for error, same as pretty much all of the road race series. Crash in the wrong place and you're in big trouble regardless of what you're riding.

nsaP posted:

ITV doesn't have the usual gang doing the TT this year and it's dry as gently caress, I nearly fell asleep. Cam Donald and Matt Roberts are alright but they have some woman I don't know doing Craig Doyle's old job and she sounds like she's doing an audition to narrate an audiobook about the sleeping habits of sloths. The TT is fueled by Monster they need to give her a couple of em

"Some woman" is Jodie Kidd, well known petrol head and presenter of various car related TV shows, so probably wasn't an outright bad choice. Agree though that the coverage is dull and if they plugged the sponsor any further the whole thing would sound like an infomercial. They could do with someone like Whittam who commentates BSB who is much more lively on camera.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Prosecutors are investigating charging Fenati with 'private violence' (road rage/dangerous driving). Original article in Italian. Google translate or English version.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
What a fun last few laps. Woof woof.

It's a blast to finally have some races I can watch in my own timezone (drat you GMT +10).

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
How disappointment. That was going to be an epic last two laps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Rossi wins?

Actually I'd quite like to see Pedrosa win it, only because he's the eternal bridesmaid, and one win at the end would just be gravy.