Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
So how exactly does the ST mod do FTL travel now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It turns out the unity cost increases for systems and planets multiplying together is a bug: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/warning-to-wide-players-unity-costs-are-now-multiplied.1073408/page-3#post-23873535

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Sloober posted:

this seems like something that should scale with difficulties
It already gets bonuses on higher difficulties, the maintenance decrease is just to make up for the fact that it's baseline worse at building up resource production than human players.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I hope 2.0.3 is soon.
They said they're going to keep adding stuff to the 2.0.2 beta until they're happy with it, especially in regards to war exhaustion and peace.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

What is the deal with steam users bombing the review section? Most of the negative reviews literally sound like they just don't like change or to learn a new system.
The best part is that they then go post on paradox's board "oh no steam reviews are bad, better roll back the patch before it's too late!" like loving lol something tells me Wiz will see through your brilliant plan

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Ceebees posted:

There's just... a lot of open space visible in these systems to do something with, and it makes it a touch less satisfying that the only thing i can really do to these weird blob aliens is throw toy spaceships at them until they surrender and join me?
It's not a coincidence that almost all of Wiz's remaining todos are related to diplomacy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Wait what why did that get changed back? I'd have preferred just escalating penalties or something.
As always, it's explained in the dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-108-2-0-post-release-support-part-1.1079788/

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

....So... I lost the game, because the federation I willingly joined, conquered most of the universe. Because it wasn't my founded federation, I didn't win the game.

What? How is that so - so counter-intuitive?
Wiz hasn't had time to fix the game-end conditions yet so just ignore them.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I wonder if minerals are now just split into refined purple bars for battleship construction and sparkly ring space communism luxuries or if it's more complicated than that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's not that bad. Major expansions so far come 5-6 months after minor ones so around November is likely.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I believe Wiz said the galactic market can't actually run out of resources, which leads me to guess there isn't really a 1:1 correspondence between people selling and buying on it, it's just an array of energy costs that change depending on whether there's been more selling or buying activity recently.

Of course that would be separate from the trade value/trade route system.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
There was a bunch of diplomacy stuff in Wiz's original Stellaris roadmap he hasn't gotten to yet so it's probably next.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
From a gameplay perspective minority species growing towards parity makes perfect sense because if you want a very cosmopolitan population (which you presumably do if you're granting full citizenship to everyone and signing migration treaties) it'll give you that with no extra effort.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Presumably running out of housing creates a negative growth modifier so, all other things being equal, you won't end up with much if any overcrowding.

But the diaries do say that some crowding is good because it increases emigration pressure, which in turn increases growth through immigration in new colonies.

It would be a little funny if the optimal strategy is to make all your old worlds just a bit poo poo so new ones grow faster.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Guilliman posted:

Is there a short list somewhere of all the new resources and different new planet systems (like housing, jobs, infrastructure, etc) with a solid but condensed description somewhere? I know some of it is not set in stone but want to start working on plans to update my mod. Terribly busy irl so haven't been able to keep up properly with most of the dev blogs (it's also a lot of info) hah.
Probably not since that's more or less what the blogs are in the first place.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Rincewinds posted:

Sorta hope this will affect migration attraction and pop growth as well, so desert worlds would be mostly populated by species that can adept, though pops leaving hive worlds would probably accept anything. Would be somewhat annoying to set migration rights on every planet just to avoid wasting infrastructure, due to the desert world needing to be covered in glass to accommodate the ocean dwelling fish people.
According to Wiz pop growth is heavily influenced by habitability. All other things being equal planets end up with species ratios in line with habitability.

Also in the new system pops don't travel between planets. They can decline and influence what grows on other worlds, but those are separate things.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Isn't that already modeled by stratified societies having lower consumer goods requirements and lower happiness?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's almost how it works already since energy is the currency for galactic market deals, you just have to set up monthly trades for what you want.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
shenryyr is progressing through a criminal megacorp game pretty quickly, although his neighbors were another megacorp and a hive mind so he just now found a regular empire he can start doing crimes in.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Bedurndurn posted:

Second, his branch offices were getting discovered and shut down very quickly. He would pay something like 1-2k energy for a branch office that made 20-30 energy per month, and I'd be surprised if more often than not, they failed to turn a profit before getting removed.
I get the impression a criminal megacorp is best served trying to weaken a neighbor by carpeting them with offices and increasing crime everywhere as a prelude to invading and turning them into a subsidiary, instead of spreading offices across the galaxy indiscriminately.

Or maybe it's just too easy to fight crime, not sure how the numbers on that work.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Crossing my fingers they want Wiz directing CK3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Vengarr posted:

I'm honestly confused that Paradox doesn't have an Event Maker, even as an in-house tool. They make all their events with a text editor, which explains all the copy/paste errors in the code.

Sometimes I want to try making an event but then I look at the spaghetti code and the brackets and decide to do something more productive.
It would take more time and build and maintain that tool than it would save for Paradox themselves. Maybe it would benefit modders, but a small minority of people ever use gameplay mods, let alone develop them.