Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Oh wow quite alot has changed since Synthetic Dawn's release. So I see you cant use your early corvette fleet to explore now huh.

E: Recruitment takes energy not influence what :psyduck:.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So what are peoples first choice of ascension perk these days?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

al.. alright :stare:.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I grab the Harmony +25% pop growth, that seems pretty good to get early on.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yup same thing just happened to me. I wonder if they couldn't get through my neighbors borders?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is there a standout weapon nowadays or should I be mixing and matching? I'm just using lasers 110 years in with a fleet power of 17k and it's been fine so far but I've only fought a couple of my neighbors.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

In my experience Fanatical Purifiers often wind up the neighborhood punching bag. That one rear end in a top hat who everyone hates.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

What is going on with the fleet manager, I can't even figure out why this thing exists let alone how it works.

Why is it listing those 6 destroyers as "0/6"? Why is it separating both destroyers into 2 groups, they are the exact same class of ship with the exact same loadout. What does reinforce do, just queues up a bunch more ships from local shipyards to fill out the ranks or what?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

appropriatemetaphor posted:

They probably need to be upgraded, then it'll show 6/6. It's saying you've got 0/6 of the current design.

Nope they cant be upgraded any further. In fact now I think it may be something with those ships in particular since I cant upgrade them even when I do change the design.

E: When I hit retrofit, the ships disappear from the template but remain in the fleet somehow.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 24, 2018

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

DatonKallandor posted:

Yes. Have you been building ships manually? You really shouldn't. Always use the fleet manager and reinforce buttons, never manual build things.

Is there a reason I would want to cede control of which ships are built where?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Space Skeleton posted:

Try this: Pull the ships out of the fleet and remove that design from the fleet template. Go into the ship designer and change the design for that ship in some way, even just swapping an armor and a shield position. Update the ships in their little fleet that is just them. Select the original flight and shift+click the fleet of ships you just upgraded and merge the fleets. Don't do this while the game is paused, put it on lowest speed if you usually do this stuff paused. That should add the ships back into the fleet template.

It's a strange bug and seems to happen to a particular design for a while.

Switched out the shield capacitor for Aux fire-control. It only allows me to upgrade one group of destroyers but not the other, and still separates them even when in their own fleet.

E: After upgrading, still separated.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 24, 2018

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

What's the fleet design template say? I had some initial weirdness when I didn't make a fleet in the fleet designer, but like manually built some stuff.

:shrug:

Thanks for trying guys but I think it's just a bug ill have to deal with for now.

OwlFancier posted:

Convenience? It automatically just build them from the closest shipyard i think and assigns them to that fleet, if you're running several fleets it's a lot less faff.

Yeah I could see if I could get my templates to work it would be convenient during peacetime. But in a war I'm going to want to queue up ships from multiple different yards.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Why is it forcing me to take the long way around? I can't just go from one to the other.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Ah, well now I know!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Any trick for the automated dreadnought? Right now I am just using it as a guard dog for one end of my empire, but eventually I'd like to take it out and move past.

I hit it with about 35k fleet power and didn't have any problems. Apparently it is shield heavy so I brought mass drivers on my ships.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Wish I didn't use Ironman mode. I thought Id pick up some achievements before I lose and do a normal run, but now I'm getting close to late game and still thriving. Now that I'm having fun I don't want to screw up and ruin my empire :ohdear:.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is there a way to get rid of starbases, after a war I'm one over my limit and want to get rid of a backwater base somewhere.

Also I think my precursor event is bugged. I know where the last system is but when I go there nothing happens? There isn't any option for science ships to research anything either.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Heh the message you get from spiritual civs when you go full synth made me laugh.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Thyrork posted:

Curse you Saiyans Zayins! :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkpavsEoLpk

Fleet power in this game is basically like DBZ power levels :colbert:.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 3, 2018

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Jabarto posted:

What's so good about Executive Vigor? It looks thoroughly unremarkable to me.

Edicts are incredibly good in 2.0.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I don't zoom in that often but when there's a particularly huge battle I do. Set it down to slow speed and check out all the sweet action as it unfolds. The cool animations/effects and ship designs aren't lost on me at least.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I've got 6 fleets and I'm slipping over it all the time in my Plain ol large size galaxy. 1000 doesn't sound like that much to me, I went over that all the time before 2.0. Granted it is 2500 and post crisis but I've still got quite a bit more to conquer for my Ironman victory achievement.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah that's nice, it's how Civ does it. I know In order for the AI to stand any chance it needs to get bonuses but it's nice to know how much cheating will happen.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

:toot: Ironman done. Would have stopped this game earlier if I wasn't fishing for achievements. I wish in the end game there was someway to increase influence faster, I spent alot of time just waiting for it to build up so I could make claims.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm gonna start a new game, isn't there some extra events mod that's popular here, anybody have it? I think I'm gonna try some mods to mix things up.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Game pls. It's gonna a be a real pain but maybe getting early jump drives are worth having this rear end in a top hat next door.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah I think my problem with the game is that most of the cool toys come way at the end of the game, like post crisis late. Too many are gated behind very late game tech or most of all behind multiple ascension perks.

E: Full disclaimer I've never tried playing a super tall empire in this game though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Can you still not build a black hole research center around the black hole? That was kinda annoying since it's a thing you should be able to do. I submitted a bug report way back.

Huh I am pretty sure I built one in my last game. You know it's a starbase upgrade right?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is consecrated worlds worth it at all?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

How many of you favor Imperial Prerogative, cause I have a hard time passing it up once I hit my second ascension perk. The only things else I might want are trying out the new Mastery of Nature or seeing if Executive Vigor is still worth it even after the nerf.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Well I'm convinced, gonna go with EV then.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Torpedoes are so loving good.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Oh wow I hadn't seen that Paridayda event before, just a straight up free size 25 Gaia world. Very nice.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I think instrument of desire does seem like the best covenant. Can sustain a huge amount of ships that way.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I've got 430 hours in this game and I've still never seen the Contingency.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Rynoto posted:

Huge galaxy, 30 empires, grand/normal admiral (non-scaling), high aggressiveness, max primitives, 5 fallen empires. So much backstabbing and war that by the time endgame rolls around you're down to a handful of conquerors and a large federation or two while everyone stares at each other with massive fleets.

And 5x Crisis :getin:

I think I'll try these settings out my next game. Curious to see how bad the slowdown is once I hit mid-game.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 17, 2018

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Sol can also be found as a tomb world in addition to either ww2 or modern versions.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

You might want to wait because it will probably be on sale then.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Strobe posted:

Distant Stars added a shitload of events and the Great Khan mid-game crisis

I don't have distant stars (waiting for sale!) and I get the Great Khan appearing so I don't think he's part of that DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Just thought I'd post some cool battle pics for the hell of it.

My sweet post-game psychic bird empire just waiting around for the end game crisis to show up.

The not-Tyranids finally arrive.

My largest ever in game fleet, about 700-800k. Led by my Ether Drake:3:.

Praethoryn are about half mine plus my ships are built to counter them.

My drake nopes it on out of here at about this point.

Tachyons doing work.

Now the plasma.

Range closed, they have a real hard time hitting corvettes.

Grand Melee.

And Done.

Barely even phased my fleet. Sorry, I just wanted to post some space vanity pics.