Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Swore that I preordered apocalypse from the pdx store so was waiting for my key overnight. Checked this morning to find that they don't accept transactions from Australia anymore? What the absolute gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
So everyone who kick-started the latest Battletech game was gifted a Stellaris key to celebrate HBS becoming an official internal Paradox studio which is pretty awesome. Hope we see some newbies in here soon.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

So Stellaris is now on GOG, wondering if GOG connect is going to recognise I have everything already so I don't have to repurchase.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

God I hate that this is a thing

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah the Scion background gives you a massive advantage but is super flavourful and looks fun

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

an hour until release and no key from GMG yet, getting antsy

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

who knows wrt the bugs

They've at least got 3.01 ready to go already, so hopefully not as many as other launches.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I would love if ground troops could make ship boarding a thing.
Ground combat being expanded beyond what it is would be nice.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

going to do an angler/catalytic converter run of swolefins who make their ships out of the shaped reefbone by singing shanties.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Going to spend the first week of the DLC retuning 60 existing custom species with new fancy space flags.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Good interview with the current game director Stephen Murray looking at the state of the game.

https://youtu.be/u4QRCBdo9Gs

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

If you're using armor though, you want curved surfaces to have the best chance to deflect shots. A sphere is the best at it from any direction.

a triangle actually is the strongest shape and would be best for ablative effort

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

god I'm so hyped for the new xpac, cycling leaders until the deck drew a good trait was so tiresome, looking forward to investing into characters and having some sweet extra rp capacity in there, especially with co-op

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

On first blush I absolutely love the changes to leaders and their interaction with other systems, supercharges the roleplay ability and gets me even more invested into character development even more. I am of the mind that they should look to take the current state of the game and start working on Stellaris 2 to try and get every system talking as coherently as possible and even re-doing non-space combat, or allowing boarding actions etc.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

im a big dummy bitch who'll buy dlc sight unseen

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

oh wait the voice lines for the synthetic queen is AI generated? loving hell

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Aspec with a really positive review of Machine Age
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyqCRVtCn84

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I did that thing where I started up and spent all my playtime making 3 new species and not actually 'playing' anything with them. Kinda not sure what kind of game I want my next one to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Dramicus posted:

But when I make a non-human empire that I really enjoy, they get added to the "pantheon" of forced empire spawns. I've got 16 empires like this now, and it's like having my own personal Star wars universe with familiar species and governments and it's interesting to see how they fare each time round. I've got 3 in particular that consistently do well in almost every game.

Yeah I have a pantheon of 'canon' species that I include in every game now.

Heliopora Reefsingers - Jellyfish Catalytic Converter Anglers in an Ocean Paradise, what if spaceships were flying coral reefs?
Vultynn Leagues - What if space dwarves lived on void dwelling space forges
Mycelial Confederation - What if deep underground, relentless industrial truffle people were consuming their planet
Valtess Directorate - Fragile Mechanist Snow Foxes using robots to do their heavy labour

I have another 14 with a chance to spawn but not fixed

Thinking of the individualist robits approach next game to add to the canon species list.