Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Aethernet posted:

And mods?

The new patch is just out, so most mods won’t work for a while. Two to keep an eye on are:

Star Trek: New Horizons – The best Star Trek game. Really.
Guilli’s Planet Modifiers – Goonmade improvements to all your worlds.

New Horizons already updated. AND patched the first update. I don't think they sleep. My excitement is bolded

quote:

Update: Feb 22 @ 12:30pm
NHV 1802 Arsenal of Freedom - Beta (8ebd61)

- temporarily removed titanic (PD) slot until PDX fixes a critical issue
- fixed observation stations
- fixed xindi probe combat speed
- fixed an issue with borg armor techs
- fixed borg colony harvest project
- fixed several localisation issues

Update: Feb 22 @ 8:51am
Arsenal of Freedom - NHV 1802 patch notes

A couple minutes ago, Paradox delivered 2.0 – Apocalypse DLC / Patch. Since the Paradox Announcements and Dev Diaries we got many messages with questions about the changing mechanics. It is now a great pleasure for us to introduce our update
“ST: New Horizons – Arsenal of Freedom.”

We just started the upload. NHV 1802 is the first in a series of updates that will be delivered under the “Arsenal of Freedom” headline, which will ultimately entirely overhaul space combat in New Horizons. You can expect to see massive improvements to weapon balance, ship classes and components. This patch includes many prototypes and proof-of-concept that will be used to flesh out the game in the upcoming months, as we move forward with our long-term plans. We’re quite excited!
So here are the patch notes for NHV 1802

Major New Mechanics
- Space combat has been re-worked. Every ship has a small chance to survive catastrophic damage and disengage from the fight. New backup consoles can increase your chance. Certain empires that have specialty in backup technologies will also boost that chance.
- Stellaris 2.0 FTL system has been reworked extensively as to offer a viable warp simulation.
- Deep Space Stations have been entirely removed from the game. Many of their unique advantages and buildings have been moved to the new Starbase facilities system.
- Federation starbases will now have registry naming - just like our ship’s NCC-registry mechanic.
- Starbases can now build dozens of unique facilities and modules. All have their own original icons.
- Military stations can no longer be built independently and are now ‘slaved’ to starbases. Starbases may now build a very limited amount of military stations, but those tend to be very powerful. Stations include – minefield (Damage aura), dry dock (healing aura), listening post (sensor range) and two sizes of defense platforms.
- New living standards allow players to choose the type of paradise you want to build to your people. Prosperity resource have been made more abundant, and a new ‘resort’ building, built on planets of exceptional beauty, can generate a lot more prosperity.
- Dozens of new types of assault armies have been added, that offer deep and meaningful choice to how you want to engage with ground combat – as well as seven new bombardment policies and options! Unique armies have also been refactored, and work better than before.
- Dozens of new edicts, including some that require energy or even unity.
- Several new war goals, including supporting civil war between factions, as well as assimilation raids by the Borg.

Visuals
- Extensive work has been done on camera definition and engine setting, to improve visual fidelity and proper sense of scale.
- A new UI for loading screens, that will now display rotating text messages. Over 110 ‘tips’ have been added so far.
- Numerous new space atmosphere effects and unique solar systems, thanks to Annatar of the Real Space 3.0 mod
- New type of stars and deep space anomalies, alongside visuals and icons for them - such as M-type anomalies and ‘Interstellar Space’

Ships
- The Federation runabout is a new and unique ship class.
- The Borg has been enhanced with two new ship classes - the fast Scout and the Pyramid, capable of providing space-superiority.
- The Voth City Ship now a proper separate ship class
- The Vulcan T’Pau added.
- Imperial construction modifiers have been re-worked, to include advantages to armor as well as backup systems.

Map
- The Wormhole from Bajor to the Idran system in the Gamma Quadrant will now appear. Who knows what sort of chaos it will unleash on the galaxy…
- Borg may now build transwarp conduits that allow for near instantons travel between any point on the map
- Numerous planets now have more resources and unique structures, as to fit trek lore and canon more.
- New range of planetary modifiers and deposits throughout the Galaxy.
- You may now explore the origins of the Vorta and the Jem’Hadar – proto-Vorta can be found on Kurill prime, while the proto-Jem’Hadar hail from their mysterious homeworld: Gar’Sitra.
- Several iconic systems, such as Bajor, Idran, Ross 973, the Founders planet and Murasaki 312 systems have been reworked
- Numerous new systems have been added

Species
- The Haakonian Order has been added to the Delta Quadrant.
- Skagarran species portraits.
- Kelpiens are now delicious.
- Nathan Samuels has a new hairdo.
- General improvements to Jem’Hadar portraits.
- The Sheliak, Tamarian and Tellarite now have new flags - the later based on the new official design shown in Discovery
- Ferengi now have a few new clothing options
- What came before the Borg? What comes after? New governments, species, portraits and clothes will explore the original Borg species as well as ex-drones.
- Pops may now be partially assimilated, with their own looks and clothes.

Components and weapons

- All required components re-arranged into a system of 15 sizes, from type-1 components that fit Runabouts all the way to Type-20 carried by city-ships.
- Numerous new icons for components, weapons, consoles and more.
- New sensor settings, with upgradeable options
- Weapons have been entirely re-balanced from scratch, with weapons that focus on armor and hull damage
- Component progression is now more even and equal across all species, including having more stages for shields, thrusters and warp engines.
- Players may now specialize in specific categories of weapons, weapon sizes and types of damage
- All weapon specialization paths have been reworked – none of them are ‘useless’ anymore
- Point Defense weapons can now be slotted into a new type of slot, and they can target fighters.
- Weapons may now be restricted to certain ship sizes and types. Starbases and military stations will now use a new and exceptionally powerful variant of heavy beam weapons.
- Science ships no longer have a ‘lab’ module. The relevant technologies have been reworked to include modifiers to the ships.
- Cloaking generators no longer give a bonus to evasion – instead, they give a significant boost to damage at the start of every engagement.
- AUX (science) utilities will no longer be responsible to off-combat bonuses but will now focus mostly on several types of damage repair. Shield generators have been moved to the AUX slot.

Tech, tradition, perks and buildings
- The entire tech tree has been rebuilt yet again to offer better progression
- Dozens of new species-specific technologies, including unique techs for the Cardassian, Terran Empire, Zakdorn, Bynars, Kelpien and many others. A lot more unique and species-specific buildings, leading to some very diverse and powerful starting positions
- The Federation Council tech exchange is now cheaper to use. In addition, more species will offer their unique technologies via the exchange.
- The Federation Council framework has been improved extensively, including a rework of the ascension process. Players may also now ‘mediate disputes’ between warring allies.
- Ascension perks are now available to all players without the need of a DLC, as well as a technology to grant players one additional perk.
- Genetic and psionic tech branches have been significantly improved both in use, and in gating.
- Factions have been updated to 2.0, including many improvements and bug fixes.
- Dozens of new buildings, including the Tower of Commerce and a Kelpien Breeding Ground.

Events
- The mirror universe Terran Empire event chain has been re-worked and improved.
- The Terran Empire invasion crisis event has been re-worked.
- The Mars terraforming event chain has been re-worked and improved.
- The Xindi event chain has been expanded. Expect cowboys.
- The Altamid Swarm mini-criss has been expanded and improved upon.
- A new event chain will let you explore the Denorios belt. Who knows what you may find there.

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Well, thought I was doing good with a Determined Exterminator run, nuking everyone into ash with 3 15K fleets, when the Great Khan of Fuckyou shows up with a 75K fleet leading a couple others so welp. Nice knowing you, robots.

Game is good.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
So my last playthrough I fell into a death spiral which really illustrated why a lot of the new decisions were made.

Playing as Commonwealth of Man, had a really defensible position (Honorbound Warriors who respected my militancy and tendency to build lots of ships and signed a NAP fairly quickly on one side, Fallen Empire on another) and built up pretty solidly. However my food production wasn't keeping up. I wasn't too worried about it - I figured eventually I'd trade for it or something.

Then it collapsed QUICKLY - ran out of my limited food stockpile while I wasn't paying attention. OK, queue up some farms on empty squares, get out of the red. Except that my unrest started tanking HARD.

No problem, just spam some defens.... oh. Right. Tried to use martial law edicts to fix that. My banked influence covered 3 worlds... and it didn't even help that much. Soon ALL my pops were rioting with huge maluses to productivity, which meant I was growing EVEN LESS food. I had nothing to trade for food even if anyone would, because I swiftly ran out of money as well.

Pirates are attacking. Oh. They're... quite strong! 2K fleets! No matter, I still have 4K defense fleets... oh wait, I'm out of money. They're crippled. I throw them all at one pirate fleet anyway and do very badly. The others proceed to eat my stations.

My scientists die and I can't replace them - no money.

"Rome falls".

Game is good.

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 27, 2018

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

canepazzo posted:

Fixed Admirals being unassigned from a fleet during combat

This was pretty annoying! Glad it's fixed. Still nothing for fleet builder weirdness though (I suspect it's related to how it interacts with auto-upgrading ships including the 3 you start the game with).

Did the war exhaustion changes go in this patch?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Xenaero posted:

https://imgur.com/a/8f7hu

I wanted to disable default empires because I never used them, so in their place I decided to make 25 custom empires, which could all potentially spawn in my next run. I decided to share in case anyone wants some inspiration for their galactic neighborhood.

I'm working on a mod which is much like this, but using more classic sci-fi tropes (Imperium of Man, etc.) and has contact events similar to how this mod implemented them:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-adv-custom-empires-pack-extended-first-contact.1021504/

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 27, 2018

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

SkySteak posted:

So are the complaints in a Apocalypse actually worthwhile or are people just whining, given that the rating is currently lingering at 65%? Is it just the new changes or is there actually some severe issues with the game currently?

Steam reviews for Paradox expansion packs always get tanked by people complaining about having to pay for DLC, which in this case is really silly since all the game-changing stuff was in the free 2.0 patch anyway.

(This RPS article breaks it down pretty well: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/26/stellaris-apocalypse-review/)

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Are "civics" new with 2.0 or have they been around since a previous patch/expansion? Is the wiki on them up to date or can anyone explain them to me?

They've been in for a while (think since the Utopia patch? if not launch?) They're 2 (eventually 3) minor bonuses you can give your empire at start. The ones you can pick change depending on your type of government or ethics (you need to be Fanatic Pacifist to take the one that gives you Unity points for every farm for example)

List: https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Government#Civics

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I missed if we had any discussion of the latest beta patch (tl;dr the tradition bug is fixed)

New things below. Things I found interesting or amusing in bold.

* Added event that lets countries with a Chosen One become a Divine Empire
* Adjusted fleet formations so that titans try to position themselves more in the middle of a fleet and avoid face-tanking the enemy
* Grasp the Void ascension perk has been added to the game. It increases starbase capacity by +4
* Increased max starbase capacity to 100
* AI Empires now gets pirates
* Normalized unique Leviathan building costs. Ether Drake Shrine, Dragonslayer Monument, and Stellar Devourer Trophy now all cost 800 minerals and take one year to build
* Post-Apocalyptic civic starts with a more balanced home world, because even Max Rockatansky cannot live on gasoline alone
* The "Scout" Admiral trait will now first appear after Gravitic Sensors tech has been researched
* Global Pacifier and Neutron Sweep can now be used to neutralize Prethoryn infested worlds
* Added a 20 year cooldown before the AI can hire a Marauder raid against the same target again
* Increased combat disengage chance for Titans
* Fleet Levies now makes all subject (not just vassal) Pops count towards overlord's naval capacity instead of giving a fraction of vassal naval capacity (as the latter resulted in getting huge amounts of naval capacity from techs of 1-system vassals)
* Executive Vigor effect on edict duration reduced from +100% to +50%
* Fixed being able to build Trading Hubs in primitive systems
* Defense platforms that are over cap are now deleted when downgrading a starbase
* Unless a megastructure is set to be built outside gravity wells it MUST have a planet set to be built
* Description texts for the exterminator civic updated to reflect ship build cost
* Colony ships now also get reduced ship cost if there is a modifier for it
* Fixed a bug where tradition cost did not increase per planet, but rather cost per system twice instead
* Fixed issue where Prethoryn Defeated happiness modifier was not applied to militarists correctly
* Fixed a crash when sorting the war logs more than once
* Crashfix when trying to send a message that couldn't be created
* You can no longer stop the building of other empire's robot
* You can no longer save a ship design if that name is already used by a ship design for another ship size
* Fixed a bug where polytechnic education tradition effect did not match tooltip
* Fixed so that expansion traditions adopt bonus is now the same for all types of empires, instead of using the old value for hive minds and machine empires
* Contingency sterilization hubs can now be properly neutralized by World Crackers and Global Pacifiers
* Fixed species being able to spawn with Serviles trait
* Fixed Colossus and Containment CBs not being correctly applied
* No longer possible to lose a rival you're at war with due to strength differences

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Thinking for inward perfection empires (or fanatic purifiers forting up before exploding) that new perk is pretty much mandatory first pick

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Pylons posted:

Nah, I think Technological Ascendancy is still the first choice because of how much 10% can help early on. It could make for a good second pick, but I'd probably still go with Engimatic Engineering.

I dunno... depending on your immediate neighborhood, it's pretty easy to need 2 or 3 more starbases as border forts than you start with if you're trying to play small/tall. The impact on your economy from not having to go over default starbase upkeep waaay makes up for the 10% tech boost.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Pyroi posted:

Seems like a neat idea to me, I can't wait for the Krenim to gently caress everything up and we end up with assimilated Changelings.

The Krenim don't have any specific events which is fine because they are the race that start closest to the Borg so they are eaten first.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Also as a player if you don't go towards the Alpha quadrant assimilating changelings is quite doable, they're the next step after the Delta Quadrant races (Krenim/Kazon/Talaxians/etc). Though there's also the HurQ which I think are set as a fallen empire now so that might keep the shapeshifters safe for a bit.

I've only tried the mod once since Apocalypse came out tho.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
um... so we can NOT talk about the Third Stimpire, the Fourth Stimpire, and Stimpire Eternal ever again, here's an interesting mod review site.

https://www.odingaming.com/stellaris-mod-roundups/

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
(latest one isn't linked for some reason: https://www.odingaming.com/2018/04/05/stellaris-mod-roundup-march-18/ )

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
If only someone would make Sword of the Stars II.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

So, the impression I get is that there isn't one big goon-recommended overhaul mod for Stellaris, a la CK2+, but there are a lot of good mods like Glavius' AI and the goon empires pack which people recommend.

If you're playing with multiple mods, would you care to share your 2.0.2 modlist? Especially with gameplay mods, it's not always obvious to figure out which ones play well with which other ones.

Here's my usual collection - includes Real Space, a bit of graphic mods that work well with it, Guilli's planet mods, some gameplay fix mods, the better ship model mods, a ton of music, and space elves ready to be genocided.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1357054878

Things I avoid -
- AlphaMod components (overcomplicated as hell with not much payoff)
- new ship classes or components (they tend to break other mods horribly, AI has no idea what to do with them)
- most AI "fix" mods (Glavius' latest seems to not suck horribly)
- anything that adds new traditions, almost anything that adds new ethics (balance is always an issue and we're already overpowered with the planet mods/extra minerals from Real Space)
- Beautiful Universe (it's horrible despite the name! Has some default system backgrounds that are just really bad)
- anime
- Nazis
- anime Nazis

(note: the "Elves of Stellaris" mod set comes close to breaking the above "no anime Nazis rule", but it's really well done graphically, the game mods are interesting, and it's fun and easy to murder elves)

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 9, 2018

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

The Bramble posted:

I gotta agree with you about Beautiful Universe. The default backgrounds are definitely uninspired, but some of the ones in BU are just bad. Like, of all the colors the nebula in the background could be, why pick brown? I like mods that spruce up the place (love the tile blockers in Giulli's!) but there is some room for a competing background replacer mod in Stellaris.

Try Real Space if you haven't, it adds some objects in most systems and spaces them out so it seems properly epic.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
The author of this mod (which claims to fix it) states it's still broken as of 2.0.2

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752695446

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Fuligin posted:

Anyone know if the crisis can strike while the war in heaven is still going on? I've been all but destroyed, and I'm trying to decide whether to observe the last few years or not.

Yes, yes it can. Getting the Contingency to fire while a War in Heaven is raging was pretty much how my last playthrough descended into chaos and fire.

The Cybrex appeared and never left their initial system. "GREETINGS ORGANICS! We're here to hel... uh... stand by."

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I got some with 2.0.2 my last mod-safe playthrough. With 2.0.* the start screen is pretty accurate about telling you whether or not a mod will block you from earning achievements now.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

Is there a good source that summarizes why Wardell is a piece of poo poo?

this really tells you everything you need

but if you need more, this is from fairly recently

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/21/17146940/star-control-leak-settlement-offer-stardock-reiche-ford-wardell

he's also huge into gamergate and made an extra effort to be a jerk. there was also a huge amount of trash that came out from the sexual harassment lawsuit - it was dismissed so take pretty much everything with salt there but taking wardell's word for everything involving that still didn't make stardock look like an awesome work environment, to put it mildly

https://kotaku.com/5940401/pc-gaming-studio-said-she-ruined-their-game-but-only-after-she-sued-the-boss-for-sexual-harassment

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 15, 2018

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Taear posted:

I pick it because it's nice and I want to be nice.

The only way to play as Very Nice is Rogue Servitor :colbert:

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

If a robutt landed on earth and said it wanted to take me away and pamper me in an enclosed space or it would kill me... I’d say that’s a win-win scenario, personally.

Nessus posted:

"Everyone you ever knew is gone. There is only ice cream."

e;fb

(but here's the video, required viewing for all rogue servitor playthroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4IFNKYmLa8)

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 10, 2018

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Xerxes17 posted:

I hope I can crash two captured corvettes into it.

:golfclap:

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1042777298087362560

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I'm stoked for the one Stellaris playthrough I'll be able to unlock achievements in!

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
This reddit post is a good "WTF do I doooooo" summary

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/a40wxk/i_have_no_idea_what_im_doing_guide_for_first_25/

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Guildencrantz posted:

:laffo: Is this line new? I haven't seen it before.

it's been in for a while, because none of us are free of sin.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

All my preferred mods are updated now except for extragalactic clusters. They are:
Beautiful Universe, for a more varied galaxy.
Diverse room (also updated with a bunch of corp/nobility/high society rooms) because picking between like 200 rooms or something adds something to my custom species.
Flat nameplates, though I have to check if the vanilla nameplates actually look better now.
Light borders, because those empire borders are too thicc.
Sci-Fi loading screens, cause there's so god drat many and a lot of them are really pretty.
And Smaller names on map because the names on the map are too big.

All is not good, but a lot is.

Adding to this (and adding links if you're liked me and nuked all your mods from space when 2.2 hit because the launcher is a butt)

Beautiful Universe https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697938908 (note this has been hit or miss for me, some of those skyboxes it adds were really bad in the past)
Diverse Rooms https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697938908
(also in the same vein: Diverse Basics to improve the vanilla rooms https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697938908 and Diverse Preset Empires to give the standard preset empires new rooms https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1374599080)
Flat nameplates https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1506081116
Light borders https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1506081421
Sci-Fi Loading Screens https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1510113582
Smaller Names on the Map https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1510028232

and here's some others

UI Overhaul 1080p (this is really required IMHO) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684509615
Dark UI https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904956708
Better Planet View + 24 slots https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1585468194
Larger Sectors (friend of mine did this simple fix to make sectors span over more space to cut down on 1-planet sectors) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1587222189
Vibrant Galaxy (space is supposed to be pretty) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1407118357
Glavius AI (being actively worked on) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1584133829

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

There’s probably no way Ecumenopoleis don’t get nerfed in their current state. They’re simply That Good.

eh - I see them like other megaprojects. I mean, if you have an empire that can build a Dyson Sphere or Science Nexus you've won already anyway. Why not have fun?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
there's a guy still updating a branch of ffh2 (last release was 2/1)

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/magistermodmod.455111/

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Nuramor posted:

Can anyone who played the New Horizons mod tell me if its normal for the economy to nosedive when the Federation is formed? All the sprawl and the undeveloped colonies from the other founding members cost far more in upkeep than the income from the gained mines.
Any tips?

There's a bug right now where once you form the federation you lose your trade routes which is probably the cause (normally the federation just explodes once formed and becomes unstoppable)

https://www.reddit.com/r/STNewHorizons/comments/awz9a2/guide_to_fixing_federation_trade_routes_bug_using/

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Nuramor posted:

Well, I had to restart anyway, between the mod getting a new version and me finally buying Megacorp I figured I might as well.
Kept the economy going but failed to get the Andorians into the Federation. They now hate me at ~ -250 and I'm blocked on every side by another faction. At this point it looks like the Ferengi like me the most, closely followed by the Klingons?? This is a strange, strange world.
Also, would that assimilation bug from earlier affect Borg gameplay? Do they use that or are their abilities homebrew?

Borg assimilation is completely different in the mod. Once Borg ground troops take over a world it turns Borg, the Borg gain control and the pops very quickly either turn into a Borg variant or die. (You're expected to migrate the pops to the Borg unimatrix at that point as Borg pop growth is super slow)

Weird about the Andorians as they're set to prefer joining federations.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
As far as performance goes, it is definitely improved for me with 2.3 - I can now play with 1000-star galaxies without any problems save the occasional freeze (which I also get in EU4, I suspect my CPU is having issues, Paradox games are very CPU-bound)

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

There is a mod where you gather the infinity stones and snap half the galaxy's pops

Even without that (hey, it would cut down on lag!) it's hilariously overpowered, one relic (the Reality Stone) lets you turn any planet you own, inhabited or not, to a Gaia world. With no cost. Recastable frequently. Yep.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
If you're looking for new ways to break your game, I've updated my curated mod collection to 2.3.3 now that development seems to have settled down.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1807911406

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

The UI list really needs Tiny Outliner v2, it's the most important one.

yeah, I've got it in the testing list since I haven't had a chance to test it with the new replacement for UI 1080p

Savy Saracen salad posted:

99% of this is fine, but I cannot believe you are actually recommending any Guilli mod in your list. Guili modifiers removes any semblance of challenge and the game becomes a piece of cake, he stuffs the galaxy with overabundance of resources that by year 2 or 3 you could have 40+ or such in energy and minerals, he also adds unity as a gathered resource to asteroids along with 20 energy or something as ridiculous.

I've found that in resource poor games the AI chokes and dies which removes ALL challenge from the game. (It's also why I have Stellar Abundance as an optional recommendation.)

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Gort posted:

But what's the best name for this species?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

M_Sinistrari posted:

Well, since we're showing off our created empires

...I decided to bring back Familiar Faces! glyphgryph hasn't updated since Utopia, so I wrenched it into version 2.3.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1816260519

Feel free to PM me your additions (copy and pasting from your my documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/user_empire_designs.txt makes it easy) or post them in the thread if you haven't paid your Lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Kaal posted:

I've got a bunch based on popular sci-fi franchises including Star Trek, Mass Effect, Warhammer 40K, Starcraft, and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. A couple of them use the swarm icons only available on the testing branch. Here they are if you have any interest: https://pastebin.com/BPfdm3GP

Went ahead and added them, thanks! (Nice touch on the race choice for WH40K Chaos)