Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
honestly though if you ever go to reddit, don't, but if you do sort comments by controversial that way it will at least be slightly entertaining seeing all the offended reddit people comments

useful comments are still not likely but at least it is more entertaining than the latest comment chain of 16 year olds typing out bohemian rhapsody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Reddit is good on small subreddits.

I also like it better for TV discussion than TVIV

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Reddit has been useful exactly one time in my life and that was in gossiping about some drama going down in a badly made, serious business 'society sim' web game after it came to light some admins who were loving IRL were (GASP!) cheating and corrupt, and they all closed ranks and went full North Korea with removing player accounts in the night and doing mass deletes and then bans of anyone who even hinted at the subject.

The admin response was to ban all mention of the Reddit on the official forum, and this even went as far as banning people with sigs linking to another forum that contained a link to the reddit prominently displayed.

Well, maybe 'useful' was the wrong word but it was hilarious at the time, we even had an admin come and threaten to 'report us to reddit'...all of reddit, apparently, because people were posting screenshots of in game maps and various self important threats admins had been making in private messages.

Well anyway that was my reddit experience I hope you liked it. Sorry for the lovely post but I only made it to bump the thread, because it is a good thread.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 22, 2018

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Is Lowtax done with his surgery? How did it go?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

sincx posted:

Turns out some eejite spilled cold lemonade on his engine block. He should be up and running again.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

sincx posted:

He was supposed to have a meeting with the surgeon on the 18th, and I assume the surgery would be scheduled at some point after that.

There's still time for some brave individual here to donate their entire skeleton.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The surgery was a success!

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

Anyway, SA is one of the last places on the internet where I can have an argument with someone and tell them to suck my dick and the person I'm arguing with will laugh and try to one-up me (and fail cause i'm a a stud) cause people here ***mostly*** understand hyperbole and sarcasm and I don't want that to ever go away. If somehow the day ever comes where the moderation staff's names all disappear then I am super done with this place. This cane go too far ofc, look at ResetERA (lmao), that site's law enforcement could easily be its own thread.
Yeah it's still largely a walled / closed system so even if I disagree with somebody I still have to put up with them because we're both sailing on the same rickety boat. And it's not like I can downvote them.

SA has a good balance of allowing people to post wild stuff while also constraining and regulating behavior. The rest of the internet just makes me mad and the systems in place only seem to encourage the worst tendencies in people.

I like closed systems. There's a new social media site called Mastodon I haven't checked out yet but it's like Twitter with closed systems, which sounds interesting to me.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 22, 2018

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Lowtax your name auto corrects to Lorax on my phone.

Also I'd be willing to buy custom stuff.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Yeah it's still largely a walled / closed system so even if I disagree with somebody I still have to put up with them because we're both sailing on the same rickety boat. And it's not like I can downvote them.

SA has a good balance of allowing people to post wild stuff while also constraining and regulating behavior. The rest of the internet just makes me mad and the systems in place only seem to encourage the worst tendencies in people.

I like closed systems. There's a new social media site called Mastodon I haven't checked out yet but it's like Twitter with closed systems, which sounds interesting to me.

If you want a closed Twitter with no users why not just type your messages into Word

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Closed systems are what Facebook has right now with its dumbass groups and it has brought us the joys of every airhead on the planet thinking they are right about everything because their walled garden says they are

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Coolguye posted:

Closed systems are what Facebook has right now with its dumbass groups and it has brought us the joys of every airhead on the planet thinking they are right about everything because their walled garden says they are

Barefoot is legal :smug:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

sincx posted:

It's the end of this month. I'm getting something like four discs replaced or removed or whatever. Im on 'roids right now until next week.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Rough, I hope the surgery fixes your dead gay spinal column.

You on that good good prednisone? That stuff made me literally insane for a week.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

You on that good good prednisone? That stuff made me literally insane for a week.

Ugh no, but I don't know what it is I'm taking. I hate taking steroids.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
You should definitely just sell your drugs. you don't need to listen to some doctorface

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Methanar posted:

You should definitely just sell your drugs. you don't need to listen to some doctorface
I've got a seven day pack of steroids thats on day five, not sure how much that'd fetch on DARK WEB

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Lowtax posted:

I've got a seven day pack of steroids thats on day five, not sure how much that'd fetch on DARK WEB

Have you seduced any hot nurses with riveting tales you stole from people on the comedy forums?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
All prednisone ever did to me (that I noticed) was turn my poo poo green.

Good luck on your surgery.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Lowtax posted:

my heart goes out, man. my moms got a nasty back pain goin on and shes taking the same thing.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

Lowtax posted:

Depends if they are the kind that people can inject in their dick.

Good luck with the surgery, don't get hooked on opioids.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Lowtax posted:

It's the end of this month. I'm getting something like four discs replaced or removed or whatever. Im on 'roids right now until next week.

I wish you the very best of cybernetic repairs to your floppy discs sir. They can rebuild you, they have the technology. :patriot:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Same re: dead gay spinal column. Hope things go well Lowtax.

Oh, and Prednisone literally killed my mom and a couple years later almost killed my aunt. It's cool that you don't even have to be a real doctor to give prescriptions to Type 1 diabetics, health care is awesome.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 23, 2018

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Thanks tax man.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Lowtax posted:

just remember: if they remove something from your body they have to let you keep it or the surgery is free. looking forward to your disc pics

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zoe posted:

Oh, and Prednisone literally killed my mom and a couple years later almost killed my aunt. It's cool that you don't even have to be a real doctor to give prescriptions to Type 1 diabetics, health care is awesome.

What do you mean, not a real doctor? Who prescribed them.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Caganer posted:

looking forward to your disc pics

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

suck my disc you fuscman

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Zoe posted:

What the gently caress, I just got prescribed a 5-day course of prednisone because I had lingering throat & ear pain for like a week after a cold... doctor hit me with 10 days of antibiotics, 5 days of prednisone, and said "it's either bacterial, allergic, or viral; these should take care of the first two."

I'm already done with the pills, but if I'd have known what it's all about I might have said something. Ah well.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Pham Nuwen posted:

What the gently caress, I just got prescribed a 5-day course of prednisone because I had lingering throat & ear pain for like a week after a cold... doctor hit me with 10 days of antibiotics, 5 days of prednisone, and said "it's either bacterial, allergic, or viral; these should take care of the first two."

I'm already done with the pills, but if I'd have known what it's all about I might have said something. Ah well.

You either have a bad doctor or you've annoyed a good doctor so much that he'll do anything to get rid of you.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
It really depends on the dosage. A 5 day course of 10mg or whatever is pretty safe. 40+ is when it starts to get rough.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

It really depends on the dosage. A 5 day course of 10mg or whatever is pretty safe. 40+ is when it starts to get rough.

20mg twice a day :chloe:

theres a will theres moe posted:

You either have a bad doctor or you've annoyed a good doctor so much that he'll do anything to get rid of you.

Probably a bad doctor, it was just the clinic. My actual PCP didn't have any appointments open for like 3 loving weeks, which is making me think I might want to look for a different PCP.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Lowtax posted:

I feel your pain, man, hemorrhoids are a pain.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Lowtax, when I was a kid and having my tonsils out, I told the nurses that I wanted to keep them. After the surgery, they actually brought me a sample cup of gross poo poo that was apparently my chopped-up tonsils, which I then declined to take home (I doubt they actually would have let me keep them.) Maybe if you ask nicely they will let you see your old gay spine chunks.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
i still have my wisdom teeth, i keep them in a film canister in my backpack to freak out the TSA

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Caganer posted:

i still have my wisdom teeth, i keep them in a film canister in my backpack to freak out the TSA

I ground mine up and smoked em

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
If they're taking your body parts they should probably be paying you, not you them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Caganer posted:

you own a film canister in TYOOL 2017 and you're not keeping weed in it? what's the matter with you?

• Locked thread