Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Anyone else binging it since it won't be around soon?

Personally I always identified with Krieger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuqRNmbqxow

The show went downhill after the fourth season, but S1-4 is a great "put in in the background while postin'" show.

They took away Scrubs, Malcolm in the Middle, and now Archer. It's bad because I'm almost out of Forensic Files :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Netflix will soon only offer original content.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Thanks for the update

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I could never get into that show at all because all I heard was the dude from Bob's Burgers

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lowtax posted:

I could never get into that show at all because all I heard was the dude from Bob's Burgers

Also Coach McGirk, and the guy who runs the video store on Family Guy

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Lowtax posted:

Have you seen the episode where he is Bob's Burgers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jsZxekYvRw

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I could never get into that show cos all I could hear was the useless son from Dr Katz

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Sid Vicious posted:

Also Coach McGirk, and the guy who runs the video store on Family Guy

Also the stiff, Flash-tweening animation style drove me batty.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lowtax posted:

Yeah it definitely needs room to grow on you,i dk I think it's good and funny but it's a niche not everyone likes

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Lowtax posted:

the only animation style that ever made me mad is the weird cel shading that went in vogue briefly (think zelda: wind waker, scanner darkly, etc)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

maskenfreiheit posted:

the only animation style that ever made me mad is the weird cel shading that went in vogue briefly (think zelda: wind waker, scanner darkly, etc)

Scanner Darkly is rotoscoped ya dingus

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Sid Vicious posted:

Scanner Darkly is rotoscoped ya dingus

wikipedia said it was. are you telling me wikipedia was wrong?

client
Aug 19, 2010

watch sealab instead op

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

maskenfreiheit posted:

I couldn't stand the animation in Home Videos or whatever it was either.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lowtax posted:

I couldn't stand the animation in Home Videos or whatever it was either.

All those damned shakey lines

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lowtax posted:

It gets better once the show actually gets a budget.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

DoctorStrangelove posted:

It gets better once the show actually gets a budget.

That's strange because the Simpsons was hilarious up until it got a budget

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

The Bananana posted:

Squigglevision damnit!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Applesnots posted:

Squigglevision

jonathan katz got a degenerative nerve disease because of this

Korthal
May 26, 2011

What about Frisky Dingo? That was a nice middle ground.

boosh

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hulu’s pretty much got all the TV shows now worth watching anyway besides Bojack.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Korthal posted:

What about Frisky Dingo? That was a nice middle ground.

boosh

I liked Cow and Chicken

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Hulu’s pretty much got all the TV shows now worth watching anyway besides Bojack.

you have to pay for hulu... then they still show you ads :colbert:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Lowtax posted:

I liked Cow and Chicken

Have you watched Mission Hill?

It aired in like '99 but could re-air today and still be spot on (minus the Cake intro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaCXrSKkajw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
frisky dingo is better

Mega64
May 23, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

you have to pay for hulu... then they still show you ads :colbert:

There’s an ad-free option for several bucks more. But at the same time they kick Netflix’s rear end in terms of TV shows offered so if TV’s your thing Hulu’s a better investment at this point.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Jose posted:

frisky dingo is better

I remember staying up all night one night watching all of S1 of Frisky Dingo in bed on my laptop.

Of all the nights I’ve had that was probably one of them.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
my parents wouldn't let me stay up late or have a tv in my room so i missed out on a lot of the good adult swim stuff :qq:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

client posted:

watch frisky dingo instead op

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Pacific Heat is a really terrible knockoff Australian version of Archer that's available on Netflix if you have a weekend you wanna waste.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Pacific Heat is a really terrible knockoff Australian version of Archer that's available on Netflix if you have a weekend you wanna waste.

that's like the animation equivalent of people who were pissed bernie lost the primary so they voted for trump.

don't drink bleach because you ran out of milk

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s funny if you’ve been following politics for the last 10 years at all. :colbert:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
yeah I couldn't get past the animation style in Home Movies. Or the writing. I'm not sure there were scripts? The whole thing was a weird fever dream.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

never heard of it and had to look it up. hth

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Several years ago I used to sing Archer's praises to anyone who would listen. After the last few seasons I'm starting to regret that. They took House off UK Netflix too and since Netflix decided to globalise it's services they cracked down on VPNs like Hola.

As soon as IASIP is no longer on netflix i'll no longer be a subscriber.

I feel like I should use the next few weeks to catch up on the last season of which I haven't watched any but I'm afraid it will be a waste of time.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Netflix sucks

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Bananana posted:

they stopped doing it after the first season and it was much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qfFZfzPAOg

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Everyone is taking their stuff off Netflix so they can push it onto their own distribution platform and I lol and I lol because all they are doing is making cable packaging 2.0 and I'm quickly running out of patience and am probably just going to go back to pirating everything 100%.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

COMRADES posted:

Everyone is taking their stuff off Netflix so they can push it onto their own distribution platform and I lol and I lol because all they are doing is making cable packaging 2.0 and I'm quickly running out of patience and am probably just going to go back to pirating everything 100%.

Yup, just like digital game distribution, companies are moving off steam and now we need to download 90 different loving clients for each game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

COMRADES posted:

this is pretty much what's going to happen and why netflix is churning out original stuff like there's no tomorrow. how many subscribers do they have that just forget to cancel?

• Locked thread