Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
their all hard covers, a lot of them are even leather-bound. you can't read the titles but you know for sure that i'm not someone you want to mess with in a battle of wits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

May I recommend these additions to further imply high intelligence?

- Pipe in hand
- Standing with one foot resting on a higher surface. Perhaps an ottoman.
- A large globe in the photo. Perhaps your non-pipe holding hand could be resting on it.
- Slightly upturned face, a friendly but slightly smug look
- A dutiful hound or other hunting dog breed sitting on a pelt of some kind, like a bear or tiger.
- Fireplace

little munchkin

vanisher posted:

May I recommend these additions to further imply high intelligence?

- Pipe in hand
- Standing with one foot resting on a higher surface. Perhaps an ottoman.
- A large globe in the photo. Perhaps your non-pipe holding hand could be resting on it.
- Slightly upturned face, a friendly but slightly smug look
- A dutiful hound or other hunting dog breed sitting on a pelt pf some kind, like a bear or tiger.
- Fireplace

the globe seems like a good idea, you know someone does a lot of smart thinking stuff when they need to consult a globe

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

little munchkin
Oh you have a degree in biology? That's cute. This book here contains all the world's knowledge on biology, and I've memorized it all. *gesture's towards Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
My pic is me sitting in a very uncomfortable and confused Stephen Hawking's lap, in my hand is the iconic photo of Einstein sticking his tongue out. Neil DeGrasse Tyson is standing off to the side, a disapproving look on his face, a scowl even- as he is grudgingly handing me something. It's a Nobel Peace Prize, engineered into a bong...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
this photograph, in which I am dressed like a downton abbey extra and posed like lee chaolan from tekken, will save my online dating profile

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

My pic is like a Gor book cover. Me in loin cloth with heavy gold metal belt, muscles rippling under my skin as I hoist a heavy sword into the air over my head. Wind whips my long flowing locks, and a scantly-clad fire headed woman in chain mail bikini with gold edging wraps herself around one of my legs. A purring black tiger sits to my other side.

Probably books in the background IDK

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
looking at my photograph, you may have noticed my hand resting thoughtfully on my chin. I say thoughtfully because this gesture is a reference to the famous statue "the thinker" (a miniature version of this statue is also in the photograph)

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

alnilam

zoom... enhance... *the book titles become clear, it's leather bound editions of the very hungry caterpillar, the biggest sandwich ever, and a few more adult titles like where the sidewalk ends, maniac mcgee, a wrinkle in time...*

Macnult

It wasn’t easy obtaining this massive collection of literature. I owe most of it to non-aggressive school libraries and Goodwill’s “97 books for 79 cents” sale.

Manifisto

half-visible chalkboard behind me filled with crossed-out expressions such as E=MC3 and F=MC2

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

My hunting dog has memorized every aspect of your field of study. Its all contained in one of the leather bound tomes behind me. Its a shame you haven't studied dog behavior and communication as I have, as I'm fairly certain he could help you more fully understand the topic.

Macnult

Thousands of Kindles are displayed behind me. Each one represents the digital copy of a book that I own. I actually only have one Kindle, but I read a thing or twenty about Photoshop and now anything is possible for an intellectual such as myself.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Hello, it's me. The Most Educated Man in the World. Behind me is a collection of the most sought-after tomes of lost, secret knowledge. I've read them all. Twice. Some, perhaps more than that... but I digress. The singular-most treasured tome that I possess, the one in my hands even now, in fact- is none other than the one I self-identify with.

*the lights go out, growls and sounds akin to the stretching of rubber and old leather erupt, along with an at first human; then horrifically inhuman cries and yelps of pain yell out*

You see, I *AM* the Monster at the End of the Book, and I am proud to be me!

Grover has now joined your group!

Macnult

Your fancy sports car doesn’t have cup holders? lmao me neither. my sports car has shelves

beer pal

standing in fromnt of an empty bookshelf to show that i dont need anybody to tell me what to think

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

alnilam

standing behind the bookshelf and parting some of the books to say peek a boo thru the gap

Manifisto

beer pal posted:

standing in fromnt of an empty bookshelf to show that i dont need anybody to tell me what to think

holding a whip above a pile of cowering books

cda

by Hand Knit

little munchkin posted:

the globe seems like a good idea, you know someone does a lot of smart thinking stuff when they need to consult a globe

on the contrary i take my pictures with an blank wall behind me, that way they know that all the books and the globe are in my mind

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

beer pal posted:

gently caress.

----------------

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

holding a whip above a pile of cowering books

cda

by Hand Knit

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
All of the books behind me are written about me or written by me, they all have my picture on the cover, and the covers are all facing the camera. The look on my face is disinterested, as if I had somewhere else to be. The library is of course named after me, and it is obviously in the academy that is named after me. The curricula is tailored around me, focusing on my life's achievements and giving extra credit for any disciplines that focus on my life for any student wise enough to pursue me as thier course of study.

I have always been a humble man.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

vanisher

My dog takes a photo so you'll know he's smart. Behind him is a full bowl of dog food, showing that he has mastered self control.

vanisher

My dog, next to a globe, looking like a genius

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Picture of my globes in front of books, followed by a picture of myself in front of my globes, and then a picture of my bongs in front of me.

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Mmm yes, I see you're admiring my many leatherbound books. But, did you know? I also have a collection of

Leatherbound chairs
Leatherbound reading glasses
Leatherbound wool smoking jackets
Leatherbound exotic hairless cats
Leatherbound Markiplier Plush Dolls
Leatherbound minecraft figurines (very rare)
Leatherbound swimming pools (failed proof-of-concept by ikea, invaluable by monetary standards)
Leatherbound Elvis Presley's Ghos-

Oh, I say, you seem to have gotten lost in the Pipe Labyrinth. Beware the houndstooth minotaur!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

take the moon

by sebmojo
tired: having a dog that poses for photographs with you on top of a tiger or lion or bear skin
wired: having a tiger or lion or bear that poses for photographs with you

Manifisto

having my picture taken with books behind me so I can prove they make funny faces at me when I'm not looking

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
*me standing in a a large empty room filled with bare book shelves*

I memorized this entire library of books and then physically consumed them all. I am the Human Bookworm!

cda

by Hand Knit
Having my picture taken by a MENSA member

alnilam

cda posted:

Having my picture taken by a MENSA member

Having my picture taken with a MENSA member lying obediently on a bear or tiger pelt on the floor

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Having my picture taken by a bear that's a MENSA member next to a tiger that's also a MENSA member while getting a tattoo that says "MENSA"

Manifisto

getting og to make a cave painting of me with a wheel and fire depicted prominently in the background

Manifisto

Manifisto posted:

getting og to make a cave painting of me with a wheel and fire depicted prominently in the background

yes I realize I'm totally ripping off the goldmined thread that al posted oh well I guess the byob lawyers can come sue me

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

having my picture taken with my rapsheet behind me so you know I'm a byob poster

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
I take my own picture with a selfie stick

oh what you think that's trashy and non intellectual? well guess what philistine

I'm also wearing a T-shirt that says "Obama's selfie stick" and has an arrow pointing towards the selfie stick

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Having my picture taken with the factory behind me that makes Smarties with my bookie

Koishi Komeiji

You keep your books on shelfs? How quaint. I keep my books in giant vats guess I'm just more geniusly than you :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Koishi Komeiji posted:

You keep your books on shelfs? How quaint. I keep my books in giant vats guess I'm just more geniusly than you :smug:

:confused: how else is a brain in a jar gonna read them?

• Locked thread