Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the NASL coming back?
This poll is closed.
Yes 2 9.09%
No 16 72.73%
No, but NISA lives 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

In 2009, Nike sold their stake in the United Soccer Leagues to NuRock to the dismay of nine club owners in the USL. These nine clubs formed the North American Soccer League and created a whole mess of the American soccer pyramid that has raged for nearly a decade. Well, back in December the NASL, down to four clubs, announced they are moving to a Fall-Spring schedule. Whether or not the season actually happens is unknown, but I can tell you that this thread is about the United Soccer League, which kicks off its eighth season in its current form on March 16th. It's the only second tier league in town (for) now!

What's changed since 2017? Well, they're now up to *puts on reading glasses* 33 squads, having expanded by four, added two from the aforementioned NASL, lost one, and has two on hiatus. We're down to nine MLS O&O clubs (from ten), and a third tiered league is the works. Will the MLS O&O clubs go down to D3? They should, but nothing's official yet. Interestingly enough, one of the cities with a team on hiatus, Rochester, will host several neutral-site matches this season.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Atlanta United 2 - no comment (Atlanta)
Bethlehem Steel FC - Cool historic name, but really an O&O club (Philadelphia)
Charleston Battery - With the hiatus of the Rhinos, tied with the Kickers for oldest operating USL club
Charlotte Independence - Permanent stadium built! (Colorado)
FC Cincinnati - Potential MLS expansion slot
Indy Eleven -NASL refugee. Playing at Lucas Oil Stadium!
Louisville City FC - Defending league champs
Nashville SC - Joining MLS in a few years
New York Red Bulls II - no comment (RBNY)
North Carolina FC - The other NASL refugee
Ottawa Fury FC - Future CPL squad, perhaps (Montreal)
Penn FC - Formerly the Harrisburg City Islanders, now with a less 2000's-y name
Pittsburgh Riverhounds - New logo is 1000% better, and it's STILL only OK (Columbus)
Richmond Kickers - Go to these games instead of their affiliate (D.C. United)
Tampa Bay Rowdies - Do over Ham's favorite club!
Toronto FC II - no comment (Toronto)

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Uhhhhh....should be affiliated with the Rapids? I dunno, this club is just kind of there.
Fresno FC - Basically a relocated Whitecaps FC 2 (Vancouver)
Las Vegas Lights FC - Tall logo, lots of Mexican nationals
Los Angeles Galaxy II - no comment (LA Galaxy)
Oklahoma City Energy FC (Dallas)
Orange County SC - I was going to say they're the LAFC of the USL, but the Wings might deliver the goods, so....yeah. (LAFC)
Phoenix Rising FC - Just got a big investor, so expect some big things in the desert
Portland Timbers 2 - no comment (Portland)
Real Monarchs - Last year's regular season champions (RSL)
Reno 1868 FC - The other team in Nevada (San Jose)
Rio Grande Valley FC Toros - The most inexplicable name in the USL. Hosting some CCL games due to Honduran strife. (Houston)
Sacramento Republic FC - The old hotness of MLS eyes
Saint Louis FC - The other team with a Fleu-de-lis logo
San Antonio FC - SPURS (NYCFC)
Seattle Sounders FC 2 - no comment (Seattle)
Swope Park Rangers - At least the Wizards are TRYING with their junior squad's name (SKC)
Tulsa Roughnecks FC - Another cool historic name (Chicago)

FUTURE TEAMS
Austin - 2019
Birmingham Legion FC - 2019
Chicago - 2020
El Paso - 2019
Memphis - 2019
Oakland East Bay - 2021
Orlando City B - 20??
Rochester Rhinos - 2019
San Diego 1904 FC - 2019

If you live in a city with a USL club, go see a game! Sure, it's not on the level of other second-tier leagues around the world, but it's soccer in your hometown! I know when Austin gets it's team back, I'll go to as many matches as possible, depending on Major League Soccer potentially coming to town.

If you want to talk about your semi-pro, amateur, or other non-MLS, non-USL club in the US or Canada, be my guest, I'm not going to judge you. Your city could be in the third division soon!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Picked up season tickets to the LV Lights, the pre-season games against MLS squads were rough, but the team seems to have gelled a bit better. The team needs to remind their goalies that they are not actually defenders, and that it's really not a good idea to pull straight red cards every game. Really hoping they sign Freddy Adu for the year and make him their long term project. He played 30 minutes in the game against DC United, and even through the rust he did quite well, assisting on a goal and coming inches from scoring an equalizer.

The game-day environment is kind of... weird and Vegas-y, and there's a lot of polish work that needs to be done. but it works. I feel like the town is responding really well, though the real test will come during the summertime games. At least the 8pm kickoffs will make the heat less of an issue.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
In further proof of why I should post threads 24 hours later, the NASL is not going to play in 2018 at all.

e: and San Diego 1904 has defected to USL before even playing a match in the NASL!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 27, 2018

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
Penn Fifteen Club

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Tampa Bay Rowdies - Do over Ham's favorite club!

Giving me a reason to live since 1975! :shepicide:

The Rowdies Suncoast Invitational preseason tournament at Al Lang just finished up this past weekend.

Rowdies are looking good so far, but they looked good early on last year too and simply couldn't win enough on the road to keep up with their early season success, so who knows.

Rowdies' owner Bill Edwards is looking for additional investors to get the Tampa Bay Rowdies MLS bid back on track.

That video of Lockhart in the 2017 thread was pretty sad. Ft. Lauderdale Strikers fans deserved better than what has happened these past few years.

Rowdies fans were pretty spoiled their last year in NASL having three in-state NASL rivals, plus Orlando City outside NASL.

Florida could easily support five or more teams in divisions 1, 2, and 3, and it is a pity USL and NASL didn't overcome their differences.

NASL's demise was self-inflicted however and Bill Edwards was wise to get out when he did.

Also no Orlando City B this year so no in-state rivals for the Rowdies, at all. Florida apparently must have either too many soccer teams or too few. Right now we have too few.

Let's see...the exports of Florida are numerous in amount. One thing they export is soccer. Or, as the Limeys call it, football. Another famous Limey was Rodney Marsh. In conclusion, Florida is a land of contrasts. Thank you. #COYR

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 28, 2018

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Detroit City FC announced they'll be hosting St. Pauli FC in May this year, one of their two international friendlies (the other being Liga MX side Club Necaxa, a less well-known but still decent get):
https://twitter.com/DetroitCityFC/status/971445576234602496

Arguably bigger news for them is that it'll be broadcast on TV through Fox Sports Detroit, their first televised match ever. Bundesliga will also have German broadcast rights, though I don't know what the situation is over in Europe, not sure if it'll make proper TV. Considering the Detroit MLS bid is stalled at best and dead at worst, this is a good time for them to try to capitalize. It's a shame lower leagues are a bit of a mess at the moment, as DCFC (and probably their home-and-home opponent, Chattanooga FC) have outgrown the NPSL.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

sleepwalkers posted:

Detroit City FC announced they'll be hosting St. Pauli FC in May this year, one of their two international friendlies (the other being Liga MX side Club Necaxa, a less well-known but still decent get):

Arguably bigger news for them is that it'll be broadcast on TV through Fox Sports Detroit, their first televised match ever. Bundesliga will also have German broadcast rights, though I don't know what the situation is over in Europe, not sure if it'll make proper TV. Considering the Detroit MLS bid is stalled at best and dead at worst, this is a good time for them to try to capitalize. It's a shame lower leagues are a bit of a mess at the moment, as DCFC (and probably their home-and-home opponent, Chattanooga FC) have outgrown the NPSL.

Very nice. Need to make sure I'm at that one. It's nearly season opener time already!

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

sleepwalkers posted:

I was at a Rowdies match at Al Lang three years ago and met a couple visiting from Detroit who were Detroit City fans. They asked me to explain what the difference between USL and NASL was (at the time) and I made a hash of it blathering on about (lack of) promotion and relegation, USSF D2 and D3, and the whole TOA fiasco. It's been almost a decade now and I still can't quickly and easily explain the whole Soccerwarz thing to someone who hasn't been following USA lower league soccer for the past decade. I mean even I start to roll my own eyes just thinking about it; I can only imagine what someone listening to my explanations must think.

Speaking of stalled MLS bids (below): "Plus don't miss out on our special guest, who be revealed as we inch closer to the event".

Could be anyone, I supposed, but Bill Edwards did announce he was talking to "five or six" potential MLS investors almost a month ago.

2018 will also be the last year for the Rowdies to have Joe Cole and Marcel Schäfer, so hopefully they can put together a championship run this season. No time like now.

quote:

https://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news_article/show/894150?referrer_id=2929375-news-archive

Big Storm Brewing extends partnership with the Tampa Bay Rowdies

quote:

https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/894929

From the Pitch – "Episode XVIII"

Rowdies veteran Collins reflects on motivation entering 18th season

quote:

https://twitter.com/kkfla737/status/971384297490993153?s=21

Kartik Krishnaiyer

@kkfla737

The @TampaBayRowdies lawsuit against @naslofficial has been withdrawn w/ prejudice. Takeaway from this w/o knowing specific terms of any settlement is that perhaps the ties between Traffic Sports & NASL that were the basis of the Rowdies filing weren't as substantial as thought?

5:57 AM - 7 Mar 2018 from Coral Springs, FL

quote:

http://www.mor-tv.com/article/tampa-bay-rowdies-season-preview-march-14th-on-mor/19153526

Rowdies Season Preview, March 14th on MOR

LET’S GET ROWDIE: 2018 TAMPA BAY ROWDIES PREVIEW

Wednesday, March 14 AT 8PM
MOR-TV - Digital 32.1 • Spectrum 1012 • Fios 512 • Comcast 437

After a 2017 USL Cup Championship near miss, and pending Move to Major League Soccer. The Tampa Bay Rowdies are poised to take professional soccer in Tampa Bay to the next level. This half hour special will take you up close to the team and their coaches and looks at their upcoming season matches, with Tampa Bay’s thisTV set to carry every home broadcast Plus, we’ll look at their new proposed stadium and the future impact on the St. Pete and Tampa Bay markets.

To get tickets to a live Rowdies game click below:

quote:

http://www.theunsubs.com/wp/2018/03/09/unused-substitutes-off-season-roundtable/3489

Unused Substitutes Off-season Roundtable

With a week left to go in the preseason and the Tampa Bay Rowdies roster locked in (probably, you never know with this team), now seems as good a time as any to have the Unused Substitute staff sound off on our favorite moves or signings the team has made ahead of their second season in the United Soccer League.

Some names pop up more than once, but there are plenty to choose from. So, let us know if you agree or disagree with our picks, but also be sure to say who you’d rank at the top of the list of off-season moves.

quote:

http://www.theunsubs.com/wp/2018/02/28/episode-150-break-stuff/3474

Episode 150 – Break Stuff

Matt and Dan are back and fight their way thru hardware and software crashes to talk about the Rowdies preseason win over Philly, more USL expansion news, and Jake interviews midfielder and YouTube sensation Jack Blake!

In this episode:

Rowdies 2:1 Union
NASL cancels 2018 season
USLD3 checks out Fort Myers
El Paso to play in USL in 2019
Jack Blake interview

quote:

https://twitter.com/TampaBayRowdies/status/969583596553015297

Tampa Bay Rowdies

Verified account

@TampaBayRowdies

We had a great time at yesterday's @TBBJnewsroom's Business of Sports event at One Buc! Thank you to everyone who came out and a special thank you to @UnSub_Dan from @UnusedSubsPod for being our "super fan"!

#TBBJSports

6:41 AM - 2 Mar 2018

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 10, 2018

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
saw some tweets about a new nisa club called Rubber City FC and i hope i go to my grave without ever learning where that is

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

awyeahz posted:

saw some tweets about a new nisa club called Rubber City FC and i hope i go to my grave without ever learning where that is

I looked it up, and my guess of location was exactly correct!

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

awyeahz posted:

Edward Mass posted:

I looked it up, and my guess of location was exactly correct!

I didn't have to look it up because I recalled a certain city known for rubber, in the same state that FC Cincinnati and Columbus Crew are in.

It's the city nickname of course, not the actual name of the city.

You'll never guess what their minor league baseball team is called!

Well, maybe you will.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Rowdies will have some local competition in USSF Open Cup this year...

quote:

https://www.uslpdl.com/news_article/show/896899

20 PDL Teams Set to Compete in 2018 U.S. Open Cup

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Las Vegas signed Freddy Adu.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Las Vegas signed Freddy Adu.

:unsmith:

...so the last of the bad karma from the Rowdies Thomas Rongen era is passed on to a new holder...

Meanwhile Rowdies win their first game of the season, on the road, in North Carolina, 1-3.

Not sure I want to get my hopes up just yet, but the idea of the Rowdies actually winning on the road is encouraging.

Edit: Speaking of Rongen, anyone remember Bill Edwards firing him before the Rowdies were even eliminated from the 2015 NASL playoffs? Good times....

quote:

https://deadspin.com/screeching-moron-in-charge-of-u-s-soccer-scouting-offe-1823815287

Screeching Moron Formerly In Charge Of U.S. Soccer Scouting Offers Braindead Anti-Messi Take

A little over the top, but then this is Deadspin...

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 19, 2018

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
17,535 at Lucas Oil tonight to see Indy Eleven get thoroughly owned by FC Cincinnati. At least 10% of that was FCC away fans. It was loud as hell
Jack McInerney hit the post and later had a penalty saved. Emery Welshman scored a goal on an actual Welshman
https://twitter.com/bweiss14/status/980254416321368064
https://twitter.com/USL/status/980262943253176320

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Vegas came back from a goal down to beat SPR off a set piece and an unlucky own goal. Crowd was a solid 7888.

Apparently because they scored two goals, fans get free pancakes tomorrow at Denny’s.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

STLFC actually looks somewhat competent this year, and this may be because they did what every struggling mid-table club should do and hired a Pulis as their manager.

It's Anthony, Tony's kid. I haven't been to a game due to work commitments but I am curious if he wears the hat.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

A nice article about the 1970s era Rowdies and new era Rowdies:

quote:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/rowdies/2018/03/30/rowdies-career-scorer-derek-smethurst-ready-to-see-his-record-broken/

Rowdies’ career scorer Derek Smethurst ready to see his record broken

Rowdies lose away game on tiny baseball field. Hmmm, this story sounds familiar.

quote:

He took his shoe off waved it in the refs face and then punted the ball into the stands. It was absolutely crazy.

Looking back at the buildup to the goal, Collins’ frustration with referee Jon Freemon seems to stem from not being given a second to fix his right cleat when forward Luke Spencer gave the Scotsman the ol’ flat tire. Collins immediately went to ground to sort out his footwear, looking back to Freemon to signal for a moment before the ball was thrown back into play.

If Ralph's Mob doesn't do a shoe-themed tifo when Louisville visits in July, I will be very disappoint.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

FC Cincinnati got the permission to build the stadium in the West End, which was the location the MLS seemed to prefer.

Likely going to be moving out of the USL and into the MLS.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
USL broadcasts are going behind the ESPN+ paywall on April 12th.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Edward Mass posted:

USL broadcasts are going behind the ESPN+ paywall on April 12th.

It sucks that so much currently free content is going behind the paywall, but I can’t complain about $5 a month when it includes MLS and will hopefully encourage ESPN to get the rights to more obscure sports and leagues (like hopefully the A-League again)

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Today is the first home game for FC Cincinnati!!! Can't loving wait, to bad it's going to be cold as poo poo, but I am going to be drunk, so who cares! Let's do this!

https://twitter.com/DieInnenstadt/status/982550647294881792

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
It would seem USL-meisters Louisville City are still cool and good as hell.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

paddyboat posted:

I can confirm this.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

paddyboat posted:

Good, yes. Cool, no.

Sorry popoi!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With the ESPN+ paywall coming, here are all the matches broadcast on national television and ESPN3 for no additional cost.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

quote:

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2018/04/11/16/29/20180411-news-usoc-second-round-pairings-host-scenarios-2018-us-open-cup

Second Round Pairings and Host Scenarios Set for 2018 U.S. Open Cup

Second Round of 2018 U.S. Open Cup to Be Held on May 16; United Soccer League (Division II) Professional Sides to Then Enter Competition

SIMA Aguilas (PDL) vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies (USL)
-or-
Jacksonville Armada FC (NPSL) vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies (USL)
-or-
Tampa Bay Rowdies (USL) vs. The Villages SC (PDL)

I don't know what a SIMA Aguilas is.

I'm pulling for a matchup with The Villages simply because of their name.

You are number 6.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
SIMA Aguilas rhymes. Do you hate rhymes?!?

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

I don't know what a SIMA Aguilas is.

I'm pulling for a matchup with The Villages simply because of their name.

You are number 6.

I've actually been to a Villages game. They play on a polo ground. It's pretty sweet.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

King of False Promises posted:

I've actually been to a Villages game. They play on a polo ground. It's pretty sweet.
I love South Florida just for their stadiums for sports that you wouldn't think had a dedicated venue. That area also has the United States' only cricket stadium.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/lights-fc-soccer/lights-fc-partner-with-las-vegas-marijuana-dispensary/

quote:

The Lights FC hashtag #LightItUp just got a whole new meaning.

The Lights on Friday became the first professional sports team in the U.S. to have a marijuana dispensary as a sponsor, announcing a partnership with Nuwu Cannabis Marketplace.
This team just keeps getting more... Vegas. :D

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

There look like there might be 100 people at this Bethlehem Steel/FC Cincinnati game, based on the camera angle

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

gtkor posted:

There look like there might be 100 people at this Bethlehem Steel/FC Cincinnati game, based on the camera angle

Yeah its pretty terrible. You can hear the players yelling at each other..

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

SIMA Aguilas rhymes. Do you hate rhymes?!?

Possibly. Unless SIMA Aguilas is some kind of alcoholic drink; in which case I approve. :beerpal:

King of False Promises posted:

Crazy Ted posted:

I love South Florida just for their stadiums for sports that you wouldn't think had a dedicated venue. That area also has the United States' only cricket stadium.

The Villages is in central Florida though, a bit north-west of Orlando.

It's true about stadia in Florida in general though; I would not be surprised if polo fields in Florida date back to the late 1800s when the railroads came in, and rich people started to winter in Florida.

Back in the 1970s I also recall Tampa had a jai-alai fronton (quick googling says it was open from 1953-1998).

I also wouldn't be surprised if that cricket stadium in Lauderhill wasn't the first one in Florida, either. There were a lot of cricket stadiums up north in the 1800s though the sport had mostly died out in the USA by 1900 (but held on to its Philly stronghold until the 1920s). It's possible that cricket might have been played in Florida by some wintering rich northerners in the late 1800s.

Heck even soccer has a longer history in Florida than most people realize.

St. Petersburg Kickers were founded in 1957 and won the US Open Cup (the only Florida team to do so) in 1989.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Petersburg_Kickers

Also Rowdies go back to really sucking on the road; I am disappoint. :smith:

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 16, 2018

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Vegas finally lost on Friday, San Antonio beat them 3-1, and things came close to going sideways. At halftime someone threw a soda bottle at the referees as they walked off the field, and after the third goal was scored another soda bottle was hurled at the celebrating players. The game was halted for 10 minutes as security tried to eject the person responsible.

Oh and as usual Vegas got a straight red card and a bunch of yellows.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Is Freddy Adu actually playing for Vegas and if so is he any good?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yes he is, and so far no he’s not. You can see he still has the skills and the vision, but it rarely clicks. They’ve stuck him as a forward for the last couple games and he’s getting muscled off the ball (he always has IIRC) and not getting any service, since the team sucks at possession and offense.

The coaching staff has faith though, and he has a fire in his belly again. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Bentai posted:

Yes he is, and so far no he’s not. You can see he still has the skills and the vision, but it rarely clicks. They’ve stuck him as a forward for the last couple games and he’s getting muscled off the ball (he always has IIRC) and not getting any service, since the team sucks at possession and offense.

The coaching staff has faith though, and he has a fire in his belly again. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Adu was unimpressive with the Rowdies and if Rongen couldn't get anything out of him then, I doubt anyone else will now. Still, best of luck to him.

I'm assuming those were plastic bottles being thrown? Surely they aren't crazy enough to sell sodas in glass bottles at the stadium. At Gillette they take the caps off when they sell you a plastic soda or water bottle, so you can't easily throw a full bottle at anyone; though I guess you could smuggle in your own plastic bottle caps if you were really determined to get banned for life from the stadium...

Speaking of Gillette, on the slight chance that there is a Ralph's Mob goon reading this who was at yesterday's Revs match, I saw your car with the Florida plates, Ralph's Mob widow sticker and Tampa Bay Rowdies car magnets in the P5 parking lot, right in front of the Patriots Pro Shop.... #COYR :toot:

Unfortunately the Rowdies continue to suck on the road. :smith:

Reminder that success in lower league USA soccer can be fleeting:

quote:

https://www.frontrowsoccer.com/2018/04/25/new-naming-rights-partner-marina-auto-group-will-adorn-rochester-stadium/

NEW NAMING RIGHTS PARTNER: Marina Auto Group will adorn Rochester stadium

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Speaking of Gillette, on the slight chance that there is a Ralph's Mob goon reading this who was at yesterday's Revs match, I saw your car with the Florida plates, Ralph's Mob widow sticker and Tampa Bay Rowdies car magnets in the P5 parking lot, right in front of the Patriots Pro Shop.... #COYR :toot:

And now I realize we're friends on Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Do over Ham posted:

I'm assuming those were plastic bottles being thrown? Surely they aren't crazy enough to sell sodas in glass bottles at the stadium. At Gillette they take the caps off when they sell you a plastic soda or water bottle, so you can't easily throw a full bottle at anyone; though I guess you could smuggle in your own plastic bottle caps if you were really determined to get banned for life from the stadium...

Yeah they were plastic bottles. Not sure about the bottle cap situation, I have to assume they were capped because I don't think an empty plastic bottle would have made it the 70-80 feet from the stands to the field without liquid inside. I have a feeling there's going to be new rules and more security at the next game because of this. The stadium management has already been on edge because of the rowdy nature of the crowds at these games, which is of course vastly different from the sedate fans that come out to watch baseball the rest of the time.