Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the NASL coming back?
This poll is closed.
Yes 2 9.09%
No 16 72.73%
No, but NISA lives 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Edward Mass posted:

USL broadcasts are going behind the ESPN+ paywall on April 12th.

It sucks that so much currently free content is going behind the paywall, but I can’t complain about $5 a month when it includes MLS and will hopefully encourage ESPN to get the rights to more obscure sports and leagues (like hopefully the A-League again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Is Freddy Adu actually playing for Vegas and if so is he any good?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I was a big NASL supporter, but the dream is dead and Rocco should move on to something productive. Like supporting pro/rel within USL divisions or Peter Wilt’s cool project with the NPSL that is having trouble gaining traction.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
So uhhh what the gently caress is going on in Rochester? I'm watching this TFC2 vs Pittsburgh match which is inexplicably being played there, and upon further research it looks like the Rhinos are on "hiatus" this year. I don't know how I missed all this, and it's pretty weird overall!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

TheBigAristotle posted:

(and only non-MLS team to win the US Open cup :smug: )

The Open Cup has been around for 104 years. MLS has been around for 23. I think your facts may be wrong.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

paddyboat posted:

FC Cincinnati seem bad and I can’t see why they’d be promoted or whatever. Weird

Is this a bad troll or have you just not been paying attention to The Cincy Story(tm) ?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
This Vegas team is a gift of joy and I’m so glad they’re in the league

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
USL is good, I hope they don't give in to MLS and become a stupid boring farm league

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I dunno man, it’s pretty clear what the Lights owners wanna do, and it’s not “build a good soccer team”. I’m glad they’re not my hometown team, but they are very, very entertaining as a neutral

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Turned on the Cincy game just in time to se Adi subbed on. I wanna see him wreck some USL defenses!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The Las Vegas Lights are the best and most American soccer team to have ever existed, and I love them so much: https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/1032748010390740992

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Ok so we had a big fight about who’s gonna be D2, and now that we’ve resolved that we’re gonna fight about who’s gonna be D3? Seems like the new USL league, NISA, and this league are all goin for it

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
gently caress the USSF!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Yea and I think the lines in Indy are extra bad cause the Colts just installed fancy new football ones that are sewn in instead of painted on. It would be sweet if the Eleven could get their own stadium, but the Colts really soured the well for public funding of stadiums cause they got a sales tax levy a while back which pissed a lot of people off (including me cause I was living there at the time)

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Yea that was lame as hell

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
They were hanging in there til late in the second half when they just decided to collapse, which I was totally in favor of. I hope they stream the final on ESPN+ instead of putting it on something dumb like ESPNU!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Edward Mass posted:

It's on ESPN2.

That's annoying but at least I might be able to get a bar to put it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

paddyboat posted:

I’ve just been informed that didier drogba plays for the phoenix rising fc, wtf

Yea he's a part owner, too