Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jedrick posted:

Please, I think it's more likely that any "anger" you feel stems from the inadequacy felt by viewing the most noble of structures.

Like selfless omega wolves, lighthouses stand vigilant, piercing the darkness with their guiding beacons.

please if i were going to be made to feel inadequate by a building it would be this one

i'll never measure up to the majestic flaps of the operahouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
How about this one, traitor:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jedrick posted:

How about this one, traitor:

the chrysler building is DISGUSTING how dare you

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
All I'm saying is I didn't see any boats hit those towers.

wearing a lampshade

Is My Lighthouse Dangerous?

Its common misconception that lighthouses using their foghorns loudly is a sign of aggression. When most lighthouses use their foghorn, it's to warn ships and other waterborne objects, saying "I'm scared, please don't come any closer." However, this doesn't mean that all foghorns are the same - if a lighthouse feels threatened, it may attack and cause considerable damage to boats or lonely fishermen pining for bow-legged Spanish women. Pay attention to it's body language - are it's lights going back and forth quickly? Are it's foghorns short and piercing, as opposed to long and trailing? Do you hear slurred, drunken sea shanties being uttered from within? Any of these signs could indicate that your lighthouse has become dangerous.

Manifisto

cda posted:

i hear you though op, every time in a movie someone's like "this map says the treasure is buried at the old light house" or "meet me at the lighthouse, where we can consummate our affair," or "qucik! to the light house!" or "i'm stuck by super glue to this lighthouse, where i will spend the next hour and a half fending off threats from animals and the elements while remembering scenes from my troubled marriage," i start to get tense

"and pbs viewers will be especially pleased to hear about our upcoming adaptation of the iconic virginia woolf nov--"

cda falls to the den carpet, clutching their chest, unable to hear what the announcer says next

ty nesamdoom!

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Personally, I'm always put off by stock footage of rockets blasting off, trains going through tunnels, hot dog factories...

...huh.

Lowtax

by Skyl3lazer

Manifisto posted:

"and pbs viewers will be especially pleased to hear about our upcoming adaptation of the iconic virginia woolf nov--"

cda falls to the den carpet, clutching their chest, unable to hear what the announcer says next

Lighthouses are dumb as gently caress. You want a boat to be able to see rocks and land and poo poo? Put a loving light on the boat you idiot sea captains

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lowtax

by Skyl3lazer
I want to be a cop just so I can say "okay, okay, break it up you two"

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
i liked the book to the lighthouse where the main characters are teleported into stock footage of a lighthouse, trapped in time, unable to die until the film degrades. a literary classic

Koishi Komeiji

You don't need lighthouses. It's all a scam by big lighthouse to get you to spend money. Boats have been crashing into things for hundreds of years before lighthouses were invented and people didn't mind at all. I challenge you lighthouse-heads to cite a single Anime where after a shipwreck the main character didn't just wash up on the nearest beach totally fine. :colbert:

Lowtax

by Skyl3lazer

Koishi Komeiji posted:

You don't need lighthouses. It's all a scam by big lighthouse to get you to spend money. Boats have been crashing into things for hundreds of years before lighthouses were invented and people didn't mind at all. I challenge you lighthouse-heads to cite a single Anime where after a shipwreck the main character didn't just wash up on the nearest beach totally fine. :colbert:

Lighthouses are trying to put sirens out of business, once again big business with their lighthouse lobbyists on Capitol Hill are stealing jobs from the average American

----------------

alnilam

Andy Warhol watching hours of stock lighthouse footage: what if this, but more boring.....

little munchkin
it hasn't, op

----------------

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Trigger warning: contains lighthouse footage
https://youtu.be/NNqDvr87GTA

I like this and I’m not ashamed

Macnult

alnilam posted:

Andy Warhol watching hours of stock lighthouse footage: what if this, but more boring.....

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Lowtax posted:

Lighthouses are dumb as gently caress. You want a boat to be able to see rocks and land and poo poo? Put a loving light on the boat you idiot sea captains

Are you sure you want to go there? Once you start putting lights on ships, there's no telling what might happen.
We could end up with something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightvessel#/media/File:North_carr_light_ship_1988.jpg

Lowtax

by Skyl3lazer

Barking Gecko posted:

Are you sure you want to go there? Once you start putting lights on ships, there's no telling what might happen.
We could end up with something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightvessel#/media/File:North_carr_light_ship_1988.jpg
oh I'm going there, you better believe it, I loving LOATHE sea captains and everything they stand for because boats are dumb, the ocean is dumb, and you combine the two and you've got a first rate rear end in a top hat as a sea captain.

----------------

I Dunno

Poseidon getting hyped about dashing some ships on the rocks when he spies a lighthouse nearby: drat it! This is loving bullshit! Piece of poo poo lighthouse! gently caress!

Sole.Sushi

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Lowtax posted:

Lighthouses are trying to put sirens out of business, once again big business with their lighthouse lobbyists on Capitol Hill are stealing jobs from the average American

As a professional siren, I'm glad that the moderator of this website has the courage to speak up for our basic rights, unlike this lovely union we are forced to be part of to even have our resumes looked at by hiring outfits!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I hope ALL lighthouses get scurvy and rickets and they never get their sea legs!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
before lighthouses, ships just crashed into shores so the people in the town could gather everything g up and divide it evenly

after the invention of capitalism lighthouses were devised by some kings so they could control the distribution of goods and end communisn

FluffieDuckie

Hugh Malone posted:

before lighthouses, ships just crashed into shores so the people in the town could gather everything g up and divide it evenly

after the invention of capitalism lighthouses were devised by some kings so they could control the distribution of goods and end communisn

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Manifisto

*blushing* n-no op of course not! *scrambles to hide incognito browser sessions with lighthousetube.com and stockfootagelightwhores.org*

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

stockfootagelightwhores.org

Missus Dill

Your daughter is v cute

cda

by Hand Knit

Missus Dill posted:

Your daughter is v cute

The kid in the picture is cute too. Boom, roasted

City of Glompton

cda posted:

The kid in the picture is cute too. Boom, roasted

goodby e cda nice knowing you

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

google THIS

"I tell you what, if there's one thing eroding the fabric of our society today it's these AWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAAHH lighthouses!" -- Rep. Bob Notalighthouse (R-NC)

BoldFrankensteinMir

There's a picture opposite me
Of my primitive ancestry...

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's pretty bullshit that those lights spin
like who cares that much?

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

Chasterson posted:

It's pretty bullshit that those lights spin
like who cares that much?

Some of us have very strong feelings regarding things which spin, thank you very much!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Some of us have very strong feelings regarding things which spin, thank you very much!

All Im saying is that my lamp doesnt spin and I don't know why I would want it to

Seems like a big waste of time

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
In Australia, they spin the other way

Darkman Fanpage
more like blighthouse

alnilam

Darkman Fanpage posted:

more like blighthouse

harsh but fair

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sooooooooooo if your lighthouse has red spiraling stripes running up the shaft of the building, should you see a mason? Asking for a friend.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

what th

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Oh my god

Big if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Dunno

Disgusting