Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I watched it on aussie TV which doesn't seem to have as many ad breaks as USA, nor the "britishness" of sky. The 10 channel is annoying in its own way but they are normally genuinely happy for whoever does well. Plus I was being lazy and CBF finding a stream.
:lol: Haas
Also :lol: TR being right where mclaren started with the honda engine. Improved it? Get hosed. Mclaren certainly made the right choice dropping that boat anchor but I feel sorry for TR now. Not for haas though buying last years ferrari and still loving everything up.
Feel happy for Sainz that he got out of TR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Ha Ha kimi. Thanks for the link, these are good.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

track day bro! posted:

I was going to do the race ratings but I got drunk instead and then went on holiday. Maybe when im less hungover, sorry just sorry.

Not good enough. You're never going to be #1.

E: I always thought jolyon a bad driver, but haven't considered a complete moron, so I learned something today.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 27, 2018

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

track day bro! posted:

Here is my Official FIA FORMAULA 1 Circuit Over View of Baharain International circuit

Baharain is a shithole oil country that we somehow put up with on the Formula 1 calendar because they have lots of money and they like to work south asian and african immigrants to death so they can look good internationally because they probably have a load of oil they can sell to ppl or something I don't give a poo poo.

The circuit consists of a number of corners and straights and I'm sure the people who drive on the track have things to say about them where they will end the sentence with the phrase 'for sure'. Here is an example 'bahrain circuit is a lovely track for a lovely country for garbage people for sure'
At some point a driver has set a lap record on this circuit, its pretty fast.

Apparently this track has 15 corners here are the names of the corners

1) oil corner
2) brutally beat muslim women for asking for basic human rights corner
3) confiscate migrant workers passports bend
4) lack of human rights hairpin
5) oil corner 2
6) migrant worker death toll corner
7) anti LGBTQ rights kink
8) have you seen those guys here that get their cars on two wheels and stand on the outside of the car corner, thats some hosed up poo poo
9) LaLaLaHaleHeloHalow
HelaBalaHeHelaBalo
We gettin' Arab Money
We gettin' Arab Money
HacaShegeHaLitiFaLa
MiliAlaySheNitiMala
We gettin' Arab Money
We gettin' Arab Money curve
10) That time when there was some sort of uprising in the area and a load of the local track workers got beaten by police hairpin
11) Oil corner 3
12) forcefully shipping in poorly paid migrant workers in to sports venues to make the place look like less of a poo poo hole bend
13) Oil corner 4
14 & 15) These are just one corner what is this bullshit
:same:
gently caress Bahrain. You wrote it better than I could as well.
Glad I checked this thread just know for that track description and also just at the right time to hear about these new proposed F1 budget caps.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Sounds terrible. One day you'll have to actually win the WCC to actually be paid the most.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Good job on these upgrades, McLaren

You must be new to F1. McLaren always start slow then get better (ie their engineers are good at copying elements as the season progresses)

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
:lol: Theophany posting badly in /r/relationships

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Wirth1000 posted:

lol that's wicka

It is? Good to know.
Thanks fella,. Still the point remains, mclaren are poo poo at the start of the season.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

The Kimoa Kid posted:

My god McLaren are dogshit

No loving excuse. A honda TR beat them.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Basticle posted:

lmfao Boullier is going to be talking to Sky throughout the race tomorrow. He's going to be so loving miserable.
So no change? He always seems miserable and for good reason.
E: Even when the new renault was good there was always problems. And then renault went poo poo and he moved to mclaren and that was bad

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
That's loose oil seals.

Also, unrelated, just rear end.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Gasly in a TR honda 6th? But sad that it's 1sec off the pace of the top 3 teams, that is a bad sign for all midfield teams that are nowhere. But still a honda TR beating haas, renault, mclaren, FI, williams? What reality is this?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
I just watched the highlights as I can't be bothered staying up until 1am for loving bahrain. Glad I didn't as if you asked me yesterday my prediction of the result I would have said probably a seb win, ham on the podium and 2nd would have been out of who hosed up the least between kimi and botass.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

1500quidporsche posted:

They also overfill the oil on these so as soon as the crankshaft starts turning it's gonna throw all the oil up the PCV.

Yeah but this isn't oil breathing, it's oil burning. Unlike what people are saying before with F1 engines that tight tolerances can be there when cold so artificial heat sources are needed pre startup, ferrari seem to have extremely loose tolerances when cold. So loose that oil is burning on cold starts and will burn until seals expand.

As soon as I saw all that smoke at ausgp I thought ferrari have loose tolerances and poor sealing when cold. Anyone who has had a rotary engine with tired oil control ring seals knows that sight. The neigbourhood can fill up with smoke when cold and then seal up and stop smoking. Same thing with tired turbo oil seals, only smoke when cold

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 12, 2018

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Max keeps things interesting at least.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Whens are dans's car going to break something?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Jeeze if you have to see that haircut I'm not voting for dan

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
You got to vote for gasly again anyway right?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Thanks Ants posted:

I was falling asleep until the two Toro Rossos hit each other but holy poo poo after that

Same. The race was loving boring until the safety car.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
More like everyone else sucked. Ferrari strategy sucked. Merc couldn't get anything out of the safety car.TR just sucked until they made a safety car happen. Max sucked.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

1500quidporsche posted:

What vehicle can't go 140km/h?

One of my rx3 parts cars was a 808 with the 1300cc engine. It maxed out at ~110

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm fully on the Dan train after last race. Make Austria (and red bull I guess if we really have to) Great Again.

His qually pace makes me sad though. He's no where near as good as vettel, hamilton or verstappen in raw 1 lap qually pace, and his starts are usually bad.
On one hand that makes for good entertainment with passing on track, OTOH, in China he was just circulating in 6th and off the pace until everyone else stuffed up allowing him through; he would have been 6th without the safety car.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Schlesische posted:

Remember when Alonso was still on the books to be at Ferrari in 2015?
He wanted Mahrk to be there too.

Webber had a chance and blew it but was popular in the paddock. Also pains me to say he was a better qually driver than are dan. Dan is a better racer and overtaker though. (LOLs can come in here putting them in the same sentence due to webbers crashes and incidents, but no-one can rubbish webbers first win -- it was spectacular and 1. came from pole position so he beat vettel in qually, 2. came after a drive through because webber has got to webber so there was a lot of overtakes). I loving wish are dan could qually as good as webber.

Dan is unlucky right now and the choices may be hard because merc might be on the decline, ferrari is often poison to good drivers and redbull might get the honda working in a year or 2.
Move to merc when they are on the descent, move to ferrari when vettel is there and accept the poisoned team/#2 driver or really shake things up? Might be better off staying with RB until merc sort things out, or ferrari beat them solidly in performance and work out their team/strategy.
But staying at RB then dan has to live with uncertainty/short contracts and also verstappen (being the slower qualifier to verstappen will hurt long term IMO). Also be at risk of losing out if honda works out and the TR up and comers threatening the premium seat - if someone comes up almost as good as are dan then the replacement may just happen for salary/marketing reasons.

bombshell: quickly becoming not an alonso fan. What I admired about him most was putting a car where it didn't belong as far as results. Dragging lovely ferraris around and challenging for wins is why I like him (trust me, it took a lot of this dragging around for me to forget the cheating renault days). These days the shine has worn off even though getting past vettel was "putting the car where it didn't belong.txt", it was just empty to me because there's not really any hope in the end. It was more like last gasp and give no fucks.
*drinking resumes and no fucks given*

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 18, 2018

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Dubs posted:

live timing about 7 years ago

I probably have an account with them because of that, but it's not like I couldn't make a new one?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
In america they used to say you could get rich (which we know is bullshit). New Zealand? Straight up don't bother going there unless you are rich. If you are though it's straight up awesome but lol at paying local prices with local wages.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
You mean to tell me the motogp is the USA this weekend? Aww poo poo *checks schedule*, motherfucking 3am race! I was looking forward to motogp today as I have missed the first races already. :(

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

learnincurve posted:

Has Brundle had another heart attack?

Just seeing are dan do a shoey made him sick.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

itsjustdrew posted:

Or force India are good.

Low drag, merc engine, tow on the striaght means a FI should be able to do that.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Phoar williams.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Norns posted:

Whoa Ferrari in p1 cuz Merc can't cheat anymore. Shocking

Bets on how many laps it takes for Kimi and Verstappen to wreck eachother ?

First corner.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Nah, it will more like max has to get past dan on the first corner like normal, but kimi will make the better start of course and be in the mix/in the way. One of those cars isn't going any further than the first corner unless dan blows his start so is not in the way and kimi aces his start and flies past both before the corner.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 28, 2018

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Amazing sight. I've never seen a double puncture being driven to the pits.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

learnincurve posted:

Ok that’s funny.

Now it's funny

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
HaHaHa

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Powershift posted:

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

This race just keeps on giving.
The front is boring and the podium is decided but 4th on back is HMBOL

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Halo14 posted:

No one will attend the winners presser lmao

I want to see the reaction from vettel, ham and kimi when they show max and dan crashing.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
It just keeps on giving.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

njsykora posted:

CHARLES LECLERC'S SAUBER IS IN 5TH

Going to end 6th, but has got to be driver of the day

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
I voted for Charles Leclerc as #F1DriveroftheDay. Make your vote here: https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html https://dq832o85f4g5m.cloudfront.net/images/drivers/headshots/Leclerc.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Doc Morbid posted:

The only problem I have with this race is the fact Lewis won :geno:

I mean it's not his fault everyone else is a binman but still

:same: