Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tremek posted:

Being a puppy is hard work

I want to pet that fluffy bastard

Back from vacation, my car now smells of wet dog. I'm glad I vacuumed it before we left because there's now dog fur, sand, sand burrs and everything else covering every square inch of the interior. One dog loved the ocean and would have swam the entire time, other chased waves out then ran when the next one came in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

One of Mom's dogs had puppies last weekend, we're going to visit in a few weeks. We won't be bringing one home from this litter but maybe in another year or so.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

Two weeks from now I hand over the keys to my house to its new owner. I'm ready to get this over with!
It took me almost a month to stop planning my weekly trips over to check things after the house sold.

iwentdoodie posted:

Also my wife just called right as the race went green and a car spun in front of me. She couldn't believe the noise of people screaming. I think I've found religion at this race.
:hfive: I understood the draw to go see a race live but never really though about it much. Then I went to the Nurburgring 24 and it was an experience I'll never forget. I need to go back to do it again with proper gear to stay the whole weekend at the track.

Rhyno posted:

Well the more I find out the worse she looks in this. She just ballooned up and has no interest in working to lose the weight. She put on 200 pounds since high school and I guess enough was enough for him.
My brother and his wife both put on 75+ pounds in the 2ish years after the wedding they were together. They just made each others bad habits worse and it slowly tore everything apart. Less than 30 days left for his divorce to be official/legal.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Yes, I know this isn't a proper or permanent solution, but the wall is already being eaten away by the banging steps. And yes, I know that some $2 wood shims would also work, but it's a lazy Saturday while I watch the country fall apart and I don't want to go out. Also, this side faces the sun, so attaching things to the building or using builder's silicone isn't acceptable either (and I wouldn't glue anything to the side of an apartment building I'm renting anyway).
This is awesome but just makes me want a 3D printer more

slidebite posted:

How many of you have wills, personal directives and power of attorney poo poo ready to go.....just in case?
We just did all that poo poo last week as prep for the wife deploying. We still have to finalize wills but everything else is done.

Took advantage of nice weather and worked on the trucks this weekend. Caddy probably has a bad valve seal, may see if hotter plugs can cover it up enough to drive. F100 still randomly dies after ~5 minutes of driving but only 25% of the time.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

AI meet at LeMans or Ring sounds like a good time to me

Moose tax

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 19, 2018

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Anyone going to Electric Forest? The Mrs and the Mistress and I rented an RV. If anyone's going weekend 1 come find us.
I'll be streaming it live in the garage

DJ Commie posted:

My dog will not go outside to go pee since its raining, what good are lion hunting dogs that won't walk on wet loving ground? She's somehow more of a Californian than I am. Ack! RAIN!!! Nooooooooooooo
One of ours is the same. He'll hold a poo poo all day because he doesn't want to get wet.

Liquid Communism posted:

Same. Social media is a cancer.
Agreed, using less and less of it and taking weekly or monthly breaks. At some point I'll just ignore it but I still use it for some things.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So on to misc poo poo. I need a toolbox. Something better than the slightly smaller than a shoebox plastic piece of poo poo from Harbor Freight I currently have.

Budget is pretty low, but it needs to be metal, portable, have a couple of drawers, and be capable of carrying more than 2 pounds.

Recommendations?
If you aren't in a huge rush I'd watch Craigslist and pawn shops. Otherwise the HF/NT ones don't seem terrible from looking at them in store.

Tire chat: Before all the :wank: there was some tire talk. I'm tire shopping for F100 to fit 15x7 wheels. Primarily looking at 225/75r15 or possibly 215 width. Thing isn't going to see long interstate trips or anything, just for running to shop/dump/etc.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Flea chat: We've had to deal with them on two occasions. Both times bombs, powders and sprays didn't do it so we called in exterminators. It wasn't cheap ~$400 but one visit from them and it was taken care of. They did follow up visits but never found any.

And that's the story of why we'll never foster kittens again :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I ordered a countertop dishwasher using ebay's 20% off code, and it comes in on Monday or Tuesday.

I, just, like, don't want to do the dishes by hand anymore. I'm sitting here wondering if I can survive until then without doing them. I hate manually washing dishes - it reminds me of a specific time growing up that I'd rather forget.
We had one of those at the old house, it was great. Thing did a good job and we used the hell out of it.

iwentdoodie posted:

After driving this Civic in anger I now feel like I wasted the last 15 years of my life never owning one.

Jesus loving christ this thing is FUN. Any car that has me laughing like a goddamn maniac before I'm in 3rd gear or breaking the speed limit is a win, but pulling out of a corner in 2nd at 6k with poo poo rear end tires squealing and the car still begging for more like a loving puppy...

I wanted a beater, and now I want an LSD and R comps.
LSD sure, keep on poo poo tires because that makes it more fun on the street

Spent a long weekend at my parents house playing with puppies and seeing family. We're really going back and forth on getting one now or at a later date.

• Locked thread