Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Enourmo posted:

E: Also if we're still doing the Total Lifetime Horsepower thing:
Mine, going by estimates/ones I remember or guesstimated (conservatively) if I modified them. It's more quantity over quality in this case anyway. :v:

93 Mustang, LX 130hp
96 Saturn 130hp
87 Rx7 TII 200hp
92 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 275hp
08.5 Mazdaspeed 3 263hp
99 Civic 110hp
94 Miata 200hp
04 CTS-V 400hp
06 Saabaru 250hp
00 Miata 140hp
14 Sonic 138hp
06 V70 210hp
04 G35 280hp
17 GTI 220hp
01 Silverado 320hp

3266 total. I go through cars a bit. Current ones in bold, trying to sell the shithole truck currently, if it would loving run.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Parents have been divorced more times than I can count, so I thought I'd never get married because marriage and relationships were not something I saw as a good thing as a youngster. I realized that I don't have to grow up to be like my parents but it still it makes me weary because divorces suck. I've been married for just a couple years now and can't imagine life without a partner. It's weird, we don't have the same interests and hobbies but still have a ton in common.

I still don't have sex because the 6 month old taking up every waking minute, though. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

slurry_curry posted:

Can anyone comment on how terrible new Malibu's are? Even with a discount code, the rental price almost triples when going from a "full size" to a "premium" car, but anything up to a full size is the same price. I just have to hope they don't stick me in the most beat to poo poo car they have on hand, since I will be picking it up at SFO and dropping it off in Phoenix.

They're decent and roomy in the back seat for full sized adults. If you get the 1.5L it's a bit under powered IMO but totally fine for rental duty and daily driving.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Man, red delicious apples are the poo poo tier of apples. I usually buy honeycrisp but they were out at the store.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Reading reviews of beer (and I guess wine in this case) is always hilarious. People always sound like such smarmy douchebags when writing them.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

bahahahaha he went to Del Taco.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Apparently it's pancreatitis

My brother went through this as well, almost died. Had to have surgery and can't drink at all now. It was good for him in the end but the "wake up call" didn't last long. He still does dumb poo poo and blames everyone but himself for his issues.

Hope it all works out on your side and he's alright.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah I would probably opt to import myself, mostly because at least the ones from Japan aren't going to be rust heaps like they are in Canada. It'd also be fun to grab something like an old ute from Oz or a JDM from the UK but I suspect those are going to be significantly more expensive + the importation process to be more difficult for ~*reasons*~

I'll have to do more digging when I'm closer to the possibility so I don't do a bunch of research, sit on it for a year, then have to redo it

You know Japan is surrounded by saltwater, right?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

And they salt their roads, but looking at Jeeps, they have significantly less rust than their USDM counterparts

True. However I will never skip an opportunity to make TT look like a dummy.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Beverly Cleavage posted:

But then I'd be reading something in GBS.... I'm not sure I can handle that.

It's mostly quoting from another sad, sad site. I generally stay away as well but this is so hosed up it's hard to look away.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I saved this as a wallpaper a long time ago.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Ferremit posted:

Well our state government just changed to a conservative liberal gov. Not 100% sure what this is gonna mean for my missus and I cos we both work in the public sector- she’s a teacher and I work in environment, both areas that the liberals hate...

My US politics brain can't comprehend this.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Sold my truck finally to the first guy that looked at it for full asking price. :slick:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

So are you obligated to stay thin and healthy for you SO? Or if you get fat is that grounds for them to bail on you? Because one of my high school friends is in a really bad place because her husband left her. She has put on quite a lot of weight and has been unable to lose any of it. I guess he just packed his poo poo and left and his reason is "she's too fat to have sex with anymore."

Yeah, better not gain all your weight back!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

It's one thing if it's preventable... but yeah that would be rough. Feels a little shallow to say, but that's pretty extreme.

I just hate that as I get older (only 32 :smith:) I am less able to exercise due to pain. Can't run anymore, been taking the last few weeks off because I think I hosed up my back at the gym and feels like sciatica again. Gonna be a fatty in no time.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I don't really "get" sentimental things. Unless somebody in my family actually made the thing and it's passed down, it's just "some old stuff" to me. Yeah, I'd sell that rolex. :v: It's cool if things have a story but I'm not going to romanticize consumer stuff.

I haven't worn a watch since I was a kid and had a :krad: calculator watch. I gave up and returned a fitness tracker recently after a week when it wasn't giving me an accurate heartbeat while working out.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The range is pretty ridiculous in engineering. Anywhere from like 40k-200k it seems, depending on location and how high up in the company you are.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Probably gonna get probated for :filez:, but: I really like the concept of Amiibo, but I hate the price and the fact that all of those little figures would take up valuable shelf space. I'm an adult, and toys are supposed to be "beneath" me.

Whoops.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2832426

Pretty sure there's some $20 USB sort of amiibo device that you can "flash" whatever thing you want to it and use it like the real thing. I hate the idea of them in the first place, so I wouldn't even bother with that.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Do you not have an account at a local bank or something? (unless you mean 3 of the same chain of bank?) I assume some place with your accounts wouldn't GAF. Can't say I've ever cashed in a bond, though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

I like to think Rhyno is not an idiot despite living in Indiana

:colbert:

I've met some legitimately fine people in Indiana. You can't win 'em all, though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

If I had this answer man. Remind me to detail how I've been just generally hosed over in life since 1987.

Edit: that sound pathetic. My life has been good for more than 10 years.

What happened in 1987? :iiam: I know you're an old fogey so it wasn't birth.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Remember Ryan White, the famous kid with AIDS? We moved to central Indiana at the same time as his family. My new school thought I was him and put out a memo to all teachers (without doing any research as he was several years older than me). Thus began three solid years of extreme bullying. I was taunted with chants of AIDS-BOY and brutalized. I can't even remember the number of times I went home bloody. It never stopped, not until we moved away. The school did nothing and we were unable to find a lawyer who thought we could effectively sue over the memo.

So yeah, you'd think I'd have gotten my hands on some guns at some point right?

Goddamn. I was too young at that point to know about that. Pretty hosed up though what kids will do.

I will try to remember this day next time I'm being hard on you. :v:

KakerMix posted:

Alright I'll say it.
This idea is stupid, drive your car. You bought it, it's being paid for, it's past the break in period.
It's going to get dirty, scratched, pooped on and something in it is going to break. Might as well be driving it when it all happens.

Yup, this. It's never going to stay perfect forever. Unless you need to rent something bigger to carry poo poo for a long trip, drive your car.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I appreciate your ribbing.

For her pleasure. :bigtran:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Hilarious bad game LPs by some goons. I recommend, but haven't seen them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP9xo3LzRMA&t=1s

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

when I was 12, 6ft

The gently caress did you eat as a kid

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

JitB is bad, like most fast food places

I'd put it as the bottom most tier of poo poo food.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Tide posted:

Everybody is outraged about everything. Everybody is just waiting to get outraged about something.

The Ricky Gervais netflix special nails this pretty good and is loving hilarious to boot. Social media made the world bad.

Adiabatic posted:

Anyone going to Electric Forest? The Mrs and the Mistress and I rented an RV. If anyone's going weekend 1 come find us.

I will not! But we're always in the area during that time near Silver Lake.

It's always fun driving home and seeing the total loving wasteland from 31 after the event. Especially the year when it got really windy and there were a ton of mangled pop up tents.

Edit: toll.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 22, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I didn't notice dickbutt until about the 3rd watch.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

slidebite posted:

In case you haven't seen it before, the Volvo pedestrian collision avoidance system in action

https://youtu.be/_47utWAoupo?t=15s

At least they're consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNi17YLnZpg

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

TT lives close to the Detroit Metro. I think literally anywhere else is a step up.

Rhyno posted:

Michigan is a dirty gross hole.

You're really trying to bait me here. My midwestern rust belt state is better than yours.

LA sucks. Michigan in the winter is so loving long and sometimes depressing (it's been sunny for the last week or two straight and it's really loving with me because it's always grey here in the winter, almost makes me thing it's going to be warm outside but nope) so going somewhere warmer during Feb/March/April always feels like removing a weight from you.

Summer here is awesome at least.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I love it when people say Tampa sucks too. No poo poo, if all you did was hang around Tampa you're an idiot, the coast is 20 minutes away. The only thing going for Tampa is maybe Ybor City but even that's a stretch.

Sounds like not Tampa is ok and Tampa does suck. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I don't miss FB. I haven't had it for a few years now. The only thing you really miss out on are pictures of your friends kids. :v: I never talked to 90%+ of my "friends" on there anyway. I hear it's a good way to sell poo poo vs. craigslist and car forums now, which is about all I'd be interested in using it for.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Cage posted:

Thats funny, for some people it was a reason to leave. :v:

:thejoke:

Miss out, not miss.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Cage posted:

Gotcha. Didn't know you well enough to tell if you serious or not. Lotta parents in this forum.

That's fair.

Even being a parent I recognize nobody gives a poo poo about my kid except relatives. She's not posted on any social media anywhere thus far. A few snapchats here and there but that's it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Then again, to me Guam had the most perfect weather in the world. 70-90 year round, 85-100% humidity, half the year it rains every day around noon, half the year it rains every 2 days at random. It's always perfect. It's like May in Florida 12 months a year.

misery.txt

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

He owns the Washington Post so Trump doesn't like him.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I appear to be going out on a date with an incredibly attractive tiny redhead who loves cars next week.

Life; good ??

I hope she's the right type of crazy for you.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Both you and I know that the un-edited version of that commercial was headed up by a boomer by a boomer-ran company desperate to sell to their millennial kids, and failing.

You may be surprised to find out advertising is outsourced to other companies frequently. Companies with young creative folks who pitch ideas like this.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 29, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

There's only one country in the world that's not in the Paris Climate Accord (it's the USA), so I don't know where you're going to find this mystical location.

:911: Never has this been more appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I have the day off work today, which is nice. Still won't be able to get anything done because daycare is also closed.

Sure beats work, though.

E: toll

• Locked thread