Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Today I said goodbye to the Peugeot 406, the new owner came and picked it up, and we did the title transfer stuff and notified my insurance.

5½ years, ~100,000km and who knows how much money spent, between the gas, repairs, gas, green tax, gas, insurance and gas. It was a thirsty beast for 160hp, but holy hell it drove and rode well. A 1½ ton French family car should not be able to handle like that, but it did, so stupidly fun to drive like an idiot, without compromising on comfort. I surprised many boy racers and BMW jockeys on twisting highway ramps. It was also the most sure-footed and predictable car I've ever driven in the snow, which definitely saved my rear end a couple of times.

But it had to go, and it was probably overdue. I was tired of pouring money into it, and I never got all of the electrical gremlins :france: worked out.

I paid 55,000DKK ($9,100K) for it in 2012, and sold it for 19,000DKK ($3,100).

So now I'm just another Copenhagen public transport commuter. I may look buying a smaller and more economical car soon, let's see how long I last.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dude, your streak of not getting laid is longer than I've been in this job, and I've been in this job for way too long.

Keep doing stuff you like. Maybe there'll be a spark with someone at some point. Don't settle for "meh, good enough".

I had been single for 7 years (with a lucky date happening every 6-12 months or so) before I met my current girlfriend, and I had just about given up hope at that point. You can't fake chemistry, at some point you'll fall in love completely unexpectedly.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I've been with my girlfriend for around 18 months now, and things are still pretty awesome. We cook and bake a lot, go to museums and concerts and stuff, love many of the same TV shows, the sex is AMAZING, and she's 100% supportive of me spending a lot of time with my friends without her having to come along. We've had a few minor bumps, but we're both very clear that open communication is the best way to solve them. She's under a lot of stress in relation to her PhD work, and because she's finding it very hard to find new friends here in Denmark, so that is the reason for some of the misunderstandings.

I think we're doing quite well, I'm just a little concerned with all the stories of awesome relationships that turned sour.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

dee eight posted:

Whoa.

I got my name in the paper a couple times. Once for getting lost in the woods when I was 12, and once for winning a gold medal for some science thing in 6th grade.

I've been on the front page of Denmark's biggest financial paper. Three times, no less. With the same picture, in which I'm standing with one hand in my pocket, looking at nothing on my cellphone.

Yeah, I dunno either.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well, I'm not the primary subject, but the picture was specifically about the department I was in at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fermented Tinal posted:

Border collies are the best dogs.

Just try and keep up.

E: As evidenced by the gate, the one on the right is a jumper, might even be part rabbit.

My girlfriend's best friend and her fiance have a ~1 year old border collie and he's just the most lovable playful intelligent curious thing, such a sweetheart. Hyper energetic as well, of course. Absolutely wonderful.

My girlfriend's family have beagles and they're just lovely too, in a different, food-obsessed and very stubborn way :)

• Locked thread