Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
1k a month for childcare expenses? or alimony?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Found a comic book store!

Douche inside was arguing that Black Panthers powers are all drug induced so he's just another black crackhead.

So much for California being the promised land!

California, home of the LAPD. anything you hear in a comic book store is literally child's play by comparison

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Fuckin hell, woke up to find my smoker stalled out overnight and my 3 seven pound pork shoulders have to be tossed out :argh::argh::argh:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Electric smoker time, eh? That's one of the reasons I'm considering one, so i don't have to babysit it.

nah, i love my big green egg too much to ever get another smoker

i have a fan and controller that will manage the temp but i rarely use it cause the egg is so reliable. in 9 years of eggin this has only happened 3 times.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Yeah, I'm going to end up quitting and taking the grants. I'll get 650/month from the VA (one deployment - 50% GI bill coverage), and the grants will make up for the difference between that and rent/bills. Unfortunately I"ll still need to take out student loans, but it reduces my student loan load from 30k to 20k or less.

The most I'd be able to work is 3 days/month (4 week period), which is $500/month after 11% retirement contribution, and $360 after taxes. That's around $9k/year, which is more than the 7k/year in estimated grants. However, I can consider that as a $7k reduction in student loans, which would equal to about $1800 in deferred interest (making it close to the 9k), plus the free weekends for studying. Classes are 5 days a week.

Take the grants and just find a way to earn some cash on the side when you have some free time

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Larrymer posted:

Man, red delicious apples are the poo poo tier of apples. I usually buy honeycrisp but they were out at the store.

aint that the truth

gala apples are my go-to but i like fujis too

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slurry_curry posted:

loving high waisted hipster jeans have been super trendy in Seattle for a while now. It seems like the early 2000's fashion has come back into style, which should never happen. I thought that poo poo looked dumb in highschool and it looks even worse now.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

An Asiana market opened across the street. They're open until 9, so I hit them up after work (mainly to get cheap awesome flour and oil with Japanese and Korean (it's mixed in the store) labels on all my poo poo). I did find one liter of this for a massive $3 flat. Even though I'm not really drinking this year (I did have a few Guinness[es?] right before the move), I think you can see why I had to purchase it. Even if it just sits on a shelf.

It was in the unrefrigerated section.

Gritty mouth-feel. Why?

taste is pear, glue, sweet banana :laffo:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Bajaha posted:

Well... He is from Indiana.

worse, he wont leave indiana

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Gonna look at a road bike tomorrow, a 2007 Motobecane Immortal Force full carbon fiber bike.

been a decade since i rode but i'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle again, even though i like running more than riding

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 9, 2018

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was being a bit facetious calling it that, I have a real hard time caring about $whatever k in people gaming the income tax system when we let our extremely successful multinational corporations walk away with hundreds of billions in profits while paying almost nothing in tax.

I'm all for social safety nets, and paying the taxes that keep them functioning. Keeping people from having to do desperate things is how you reduce crime. People by and large don't crime it up if they have a reason not to, and people not in the penal system are more likely to become contributing members of society.

LOL, it hasn't rained here for this long continuously in like 9 months. Nice work, single-handedly solving the CA drought - you should visit more often. Have you explained to your landlubber wiffo that pollo and lomo saltados (from Mario's)(it's what you eat at Mario's) are not seafood yet no matter what Yelp says?

however people in the penal system can work for 17 cent an hour, probably even less in some states so they can be exploited for cheap labor. 'merica

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
the old incel thread was entertaining, i'll have to start reading this one too

lol at the OP of that thread inventing chadousie

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Kazinsal posted:

I can handle broken people. I can't handle incels.

They're beyond the broken event horizon.

Speaking of incels, apparently the regular car reviews guy keeps buying lovely cars he likes and then realizes that he's bought either something he doesn't want to daily or a busted rusting piece of poo poo. He's now chewed through some kind of 04 Subaru wagon because he didn't get it inspected before buying and lol turns out one of the control arms is literally rusted straight through.

woah RCR guy is ken's spirit animal?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
bad dough, gross cheese or overly-sweet pizza sauce are the villains of bad pizza, not the toppings.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Even if you establish a trust, you still need a legal document to establish who controls the trust.

For instance if you and wife were to suddenly die, leaving your daughter alone, who would she stay with? your daughter has no use for all of your accumulated wealth and money, she's a minor and needs a guardian? is the person who is your chosen guardian for your daughter the same person who will oversee your wealth and ensure that it isn't squandered?

my wife an i chose to have our kid go to her BiL and SiL but my parents would be the executor of the estate and all of our assets because i'd trust my BiL and SiL to take care of my kid but not necessarily entrust them with controlling all of our wealth.

Also, your will would determine how the money is either given or withheld from your daughter after she turns 18--do you want her to go to college? most people wouldnt want to give an 18yo a pile of money and that's what a trust is for.

Get a will, it's not expensive and alleviates a lot of potential problems.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
you bought a new car to...

*squints*

keep miles off it?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
JitB is bad, like most fast food places

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

lol

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

People assigning harsher punishment to white kids out of racism guilt is still racism.

stdh.txt

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Oh hey Ozmiander how are u sleepyhead

I was wondering who that was since it appears to be a poster who doesn't post here except when this stuff comes up

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:ironicat:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

Also a way to call rational thinking racist because you're a SJW dipshit.

"rational thinking" is the new "im not racist, im a race realist :smuggo:"

you started this loving stupid derailment by making a stupid as gently caress 'fixed' post that has no bearing in reality.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

Treating people the same is now racist. Love you guys.

Oh yeah? so what were you trying to say with this post?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Gingerbread House Music posted:

What makes you think I'm a racist?

:allears:

Adiabatic posted:

Wait you think I banned politics because I like guns?

I banned politics because it does exactly what it just did here, turned everyone from friendly folk talking about eachothers issues and helping eachother, to ravenous dingleberries jumping at eachothers' throats. If it's just ilkhan and/or ozimander I'll make sure to ding them appropriately but frankly I'm concerned about the level of "this dude's a piece of poo poo because he doesn't agree with me" going on.

If ilkhan were to come in here and say something racist out of the blue I'd obviously ding him, but he was responding to nm's post about race with his own view and y'all jumped on him about it. Easiest way to make sure that doesn't happen is to ban the practice of talking about politically charged issues, but I want y'all to be able to do it, so be adults about it please.

See this is the "your opinion is super wrong and therefore you're subhuman" poo poo I'm talking about.

Quit being emotionally charged about issues or don't respond to issues.

guess what it's not "politics chat" that went poorly, it's the usual shitposters doin what they do

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

Oh please TT you got dinged 6 hours for continuing on about some stupid poo poo. Calm down and quit writing your manifesto.

I've got a bunch of poo poo to do today and I am not babysitting you idiots having a meltdown so if anyone has any issues with the previous 10 pages please continue on about it below this post so I can probate you for a couple of days.

This includes feel-good posts about it and posts currently being written.

too bad IoC stepped down as moderator, this is what we get

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I really want a labradoodle for our next dog, minimal shedding seems very appealing after this black lab mutt we have

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tide posted:

edit again: and if we do make our own forums, i want a cooking forum dedicated to only cheap, easy healthy meals for 2-3 people and creative ways to reuse leftovers in ways you may not have thought about before.

cause there arent like 100 blogs like that already?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
racist but only ~by experience~ :smuggo:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tide posted:

Everyone has viewed based on experience.

The difference between you and I, for example, is that I would take the time to find out why someone thinks the way they do rather than go in guns blazing shouting them down.

lmao

yeah you're right i dont want to find out why you hold racist views

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lol did someone paint those sideskirts...purple? other than that and the bad rear tint it looks like a good buy for 600

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

So is Trump going after Amazon because he's jealous of Bezos?

Maybe? Most likely cause is that he saw something this morning on Fox&Friends

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I just figured he saw the thing about Bezos being the richest man ever and he was like "FAKE NEWS."

like all petty small business owners, trump is probably bitter and resentful of billionaires who are actual titans of industry.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Getting paid to stand around with your thumb up your arse while u wait for some other dipshit to do his job correctly is one of the best parts of engineering

this is correct

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
They are specifically not allowed to dump the cars into another country without fixing the emissions problem.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

InitialDave posted:

I assumed they'd ship them to a country less concerned with emissions stuff and offload them there.

except that they're specifically banned from doing so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

Comrade Flynn bought one of those last year and he's now of the belief it's his favorite vehicle, including over the Murcielago and the Focus RS. And the Delta Integrale he just got.

lol who cares what that guy thinks

i really dont see the appeal of these things, they arent particularly fast, lightweight or good looking.

• Locked thread