Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Got my plans for the next few weeks upended. Half/little sister is flying back from Japan the same weekend as the st Pete GP, so now I can't go to it :( Got my ticket for Sebring the next weekend, so all isn't lost, but still loving sucks.

Well that sucks dude, I was gonna give you some tickets for the GP if I end up with any extra :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Honestly I may say gently caress it and still go. Not the nice thing to do, but were not especially close anyway.

Just say you already got the tickets and that they were super expensive so you have to go :)

I'll let you know when I get them, not sure exactly yet how many I'm gonna get, the Firestone rep is waiting until the last minute for whatever reason.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So what's the best way to sell guns? My wife's father left her some and we need to get rid of them to get more guns we actually want. There are a ton of gun shops around here that buy/sell but I'm guessing they will only give me about half of what they are actually worth. One of them is an old relic from that could be worth quite a bit.

[e] it's a C&R Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Work Safety Revolver, made in the late 1800's.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 1, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Sounds like one for TFR to me.

Well there's a lot of knowledgeable gun guys in here, would rather not post in TFR if I don't have to.

I figured "how to sell" was a general enough question.....I usually use CL to sell poo poo but you can't sell guns on CL.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ever get yourself out of a relationship and the more time that goes, the more you realise you should never have gotten into it in the first place?

Yep been there, after ending a two year relationship with a legit crazy woman I recalled when I almost ended it right before we moved in together, but then let her talk me out of it. I learned to trust my instincts after that one and would drop a woman like a hot potato at the slight hint of any kind of crazy, so I guess it helped me in the long run :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I don't get people not having sex because of their kids. I understand if you have an infant or toddler that you can't leave alone, otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah good luck everdave, if your lawyer is good you should be fine don't sweat it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Mmmmmmmm just how I wanted to spend my Friday night, an FFA swine auction.

Leica, you still trying to figure out how to sell those guns? I was planning on digging in storage for the xbox tonight but got sucked into this instead.

You live in Florida farm country huh?

Yeah I'll send you an email with what i have once I get all the make/model info.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, I live entirely too close to the strawberry festival and my wife's goddaughter was showing her pig tonight.

Ha, my wife is taking her mom to the festival tomorrow because she has never been, is it even worth going to these days? Last time I went about ten years ago it was a waste of time, it was like a traveling carnival that I can see when it's down the street from my house, not even worth the drive over there.

Liquid Communism posted:

Hey, I have a busted-rear end one of those!

Gunbroker may be your best option, but I don't know if there's a collector's market for them. Definitely don't shoot it without being super careful about ammunition, they were proofed for black powder, not smokeless, so using modern ammo in them can make them grenade.

Hey cool, ours is in the exact shape that that one is in. I never planned on shooting it anyway, so no worries. From what I've researched so far it seems it's worth about 400-500 in that condition, does that sound about right?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit: I was down in your neck of the woods today, goddamn gently caress why is every road in and out a loving toll road

Lol what, the only toll road is the crosstown and that's optional. Just take I-4 to 275 south, no tolls.

If you come up through the south over the Skyway then you pay one toll for the bridge.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

682 (685?) To skyway.

Because I4 was so goddamn bad at the 275 interchange we did the crosstown (toll) so we got hit on there, the other road, and the bridge.

This time of year the crosstown won't be much better honestly. Depending where you're going in St.Pete, it's probably quicker and easier coming up from the south end even tho it's longer distance, and you only have one toll at the Skyway, take 75 down to 275 then back up. Or whatever way you want to take to 275 will work.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

Fuckin hell, woke up to find my smoker stalled out overnight and my 3 seven pound pork shoulders have to be tossed out :argh::argh::argh:

Electric smoker time, eh? That's one of the reasons I'm considering one, so i don't have to babysit it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you're not cheating you're not trying

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So if your car is having recall work done (takata air bag) and its going to take more than a day you should get a loaner right? The dealership is telling me they will give me a ride home and then pick me up, I live across town so I'm like gently caress that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

FWIW, everyone that lives in a warm climate bitches when it gets cold.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I just learned of this at the local hobby shop and it's loving awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g43Yy-TKkQs

Getting this as soon as I sell one of my other RC trucks :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Oh my sweet summer child head on over to the RC thread here in our fine sub-forum for RC chat. The Slash is neat and all and the OBA is cool - at first but you will turn it off because it gets obnoxious.

Or you could get a real engine affixed that makes real noises. Like this 65cc reed cased two stroke monster (on the left) that we stuff into 1/5 scales:

the company that puts this together just announced a 90cc variant this weekend that reaches 17,000 RPM (under load). It will destroy all of the drivetrains.

The OBA would be more for my son he'll love it.....But yeah I'm sure I'll get sick of it after awhile :v:

The Stampede I got him is too high, it constantly flips over when he tries to race my Rustler so he wants a Slash so he can at least compete with me through the turns.

No interest in getting into nitro, electric is just fine and affordable so far :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fermented Tinal posted:

I was gonna longpost this but then decided not to.

My reasons for moving to and living where I do have decided to divest themselves of the area and move somewhere a couple hours away. I'm mad. I'm not mad at them for it, I'm mad at myself for ever having moved up here in the first place. I'm mad at myself for buying this house, getting my lovely as gently caress job, and doing it for reasons other than self-benefit. I'm mad that I've squandered several more years of my life with this bullshit.

I'm now actively job hunting in an area I don't really want to live in either and considering an up to 3 hour commute just so that I can eventually get out of this shithole city.

I wonder what the look on my boss' face is gonna be when on Friday night I ask him if I can use him as a reference.

We moved from Florida to western New York for a job to manage a campground, it all went horribly wrong and I completely regretted doing it within the first week of being there. Short story is we were dumb and didn't get anything in writing from the owners and took them for their word. We tried to make the best of it and lasted two seasons before we had it out with the owners and told them to gently caress off. Luckily, we rented our house in FL instead of selling it, so when the lease was up for the tenants we kicked them out and moved back. It was a complete waste of time and money (we went broke because of it) but i guess it was a valuable experience, or at least that's what i tell myself.

I feel for you man, hope you figure things out and get to where you wanna be.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Siochain posted:

Our tunnels are v.large :P Kinda like <insertrandomforumposter's> moms vagina. There are surface jobs to. It is a rotation, but most people in the area work one, so its not too bad. Its normal work week for up here. And believe me, 5/2 sucks loving rear end. At least up here. I'd kill for a 4/3 or 8/6 so I have enough time off to actually do things.

I'm 3/4, ten hour days and not the greatest pay, but it's awesome and I've never been happier.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Leica, any word on st Pete tickets?

Not yet, they have been promised for months now so if it doesn't happen my wife is gonna be pissed and it won't end well for the guy that promised them. If he knows what's good for him he better deliver :v:

Either way we're going, I just wasn't anticipating to have to pay for tickets lol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fill flash my man, fill flash

:spergin:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dont contact her unless you absolutely have to for starters. Resist the urge to ask about soccer practice, if you really want to know about that ask your kids.

And if she contacts you, gently caress off, talk to my lawyer

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Like so much of the state.

I just recently spent some time in Virginia Beach and it was nice :shrug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

She was working in a cocktail shrimp bar when she met you?

As a waitress, this much is true.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's loving horrible, and not in a good way it's just bad.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Went to the Indy race today, the Stadium Trucks are no longer a part of the schedule what a bummer. Some of the most entertaining racing I've ever seen how the hell did it not get more popular?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I wanted to go super bad, but I got hit with that flu poo poo late last week and spent the weekend trying not to die, and to get better for work/sebring.

Oh poo poo that sucks. Hopefully you feel better for sebring you're gonna need full health recharge for that :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So 3D printing a house is officially a thing now and I want one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=88&v=SvM7jFZGAec

I wonder how up to code they are for the US.

[e] for some reason BB code is all hosed up and i can't imbed video wtf

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 14, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just do the original silver, it looks the best imo.

Although I gotta say the watanabe style wheels look tits.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Don't forget earplugs if you plan on getting any sleep at all :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

Quitters never prosper. You are an anamoly.

Lol wat. Quitting can be necessary for prosperity at times, among other things like saving your sanity.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rust is not an issue in Japan, and for that reason I would import from there rather than Canada all day long.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mental illness is a hell of a problem

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What about dessert pizza

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Fitness is one thing, it's when people wrap so far into it that they start being judgmental assholes to people who don't meet whatever level of fitness they think is appropriate.

If you don't take the stairs instead of the elevator you're lazy and should probably just die :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

With my back that's more likely on the stairs :v: legit without cbd I'd be a loving cripple or a junkie.

A crippled junkie?

So you got your FL MM card huh? Good poo poo, best thing that's happened to me since I got crohns.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Remember Ryan White, the famous kid with AIDS? We moved to central Indiana at the same time as his family. My new school thought I was him and put out a memo to all teachers (without doing any research as he was several years older than me). Thus began three solid years of extreme bullying. I was taunted with chants of AIDS-BOY and brutalized. I can't even remember the number of times I went home bloody. It never stopped, not until we moved away. The school did nothing and we were unable to find a lawyer who thought we could effectively sue over the memo.

So yeah, you'd think I'd have gotten my hands on some guns at some point right?

Jesus Christ why did your parents not immediately take you out of school, three years? Seriously?

I would have moved to another loving country.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ilkhan posted:

gently caress I might need to get that as a tat. Same pattern, too, as that matches my old Mustang.

Lol no it doesn't.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BigPaddy posted:

A kid was a dick to me one time in secondary school, this was when I was 12, 6ft, playing rugby as a front row prop and could grow facial hair. Apparently this was a subject of ridicule right up until I broke the kids nose and jaw. That is my story.

Jesus I wish I would have been that big to take on my bullies, that kid must have had huge balls for a minute at least :v:

A buddy of mine in middle school could grow a full thick beard, we called him the Bearded Child. He didn't mind friends ribbing him, but anyone else and he got pissed. I couldn't imagine having to shave every morning at 13 years old lol.

My stories of getting bullied were almost always 2 or more ganging up on me so I never really had a chance at defending myself. Other times I got into fights was because of my mouth and that was my own dumbass fault.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I had to look up "dog whistling" because I've never heard of it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gingerbread House Music posted:

It's an easy way to call anything you don't like racism without having to justify it.

So like sneaky semantics or something?

I can't keep up with all the silly sayings :v:

• Locked thread