Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

knife. fork. spoon. yawn. chopsticks: a good joke on western people who think asians actually eat that way, but it's been played out. spare me your bastard sporks or forkoons or the like.

I demand entirely new modalities of consumption. bring them to me and I will be happy to explain how stupid they are, and/or steal them because you forgot to secure the ip rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji

The last utensil you will ever need, throw away all your food hammers and food swords you need only:

Manifisto

Koishi Komeiji posted:

The last utensil you will ever need, throw away all your food hammers and food swords you need only:

brilliant. just brilliant. this is the future we're talking about, a brave new world, and you're still talking about slicing? bring bring, ron popiel calling, he wants to murder you

however I will give you points for the hidden compartment. for a second I thought your graphic said "hiding wood" and I was really excited, hidden wood suggests an enchanted forest and I think having enchanted forest creatures feed you stuff has potential.

Koishi Komeiji

Manifisto posted:

bring bring, ron popiel calling, he wants to murder you

I accept Mr. Popiel's challenge. I could easily defeat the coward by duel wielding food wands with honor. :colbert:

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

Alright, I got an idea, but you will need to stick with me here.

Alright. Ready?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Robot Made of Meat

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Alright. Ready?

Knork?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Alright. Ready?

so let me get this straight bucko. you want people to grab a sharp pointy metal surface, very likely bloodying themselves in the process, mash their food with I guess a blunt wooden pestle or something, then try to, I dunno, scrape it from the plate into their mouths?

because, although I hate to gush, that is very slightly less incredibly moronic than the average future person will undoubtedly be

ty nesamdoom!

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

Koishi Komeiji posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

There is no future cutlery. At the rate we're going, it'll all be scoops, feed bags, and straws.

Manifisto

Robot Made of Meat posted:

There is no future cutlery. At the rate we're going, it'll all be scoops, feed bags, and straws.

*makes invisible motions of trying to cut steak with your comment*

nope . . . sorry . . . the social commentary is not sharp enough

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The Te.Asp.O.On. or Telekinetic Asparagus peeler, Oyster shucker and Onion dicer does some pretty remarkable things by allowing the future foodie to avoid having to shuck an oyster, cry while dicing onions, and for the hell of it, peel an asparagus from across the room, or even across the state!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

so let me get this straight bucko. you want people to grab a sharp pointy metal surface, very likely bloodying themselves in the process, mash their food with I guess a blunt wooden pestle or something, then try to, I dunno, scrape it from the plate into their mouths?

because, although I hate to gush, that is very slightly less incredibly moronic than the average future person will undoubtedly be

lol

Farecoal

There he go
https://youtu.be/TTygajaWaR0

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

The Te.Asp.O.On. or Telekinetic Asparagus peeler, Oyster shucker and Onion dicer does some pretty remarkable things by allowing the future foodie to avoid having to shuck an oyster, cry while dicing onions, and for the hell of it, peel an asparagus from across the room, or even across the state!

foodies, while initially providing an abundant food source after our oceans run out of fish, will rapidly dwindle in population. maybe we can use their own stupid utensils to consume them however, maybe you can work that into your depressingly bourgeoisie concept

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

foodies, while initially providing an abundant food source after our oceans run out of fish, will rapidly dwindle in population. maybe we can use their own stupid utensils to consume them however, maybe you can work that into your depressingly bourgeoisie concept

In the future people will be eating other people with Cryogenic Homogenized Oscillating Pinching (C.H.O.P.) sticks because we are all destined to be sushi rolls

Manifisto

knork huh? I bet the geniuses who thought that name up also thought mork from ork was funny and topical. morons.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The Cartoonishly Large Ultimate Basher will pretty much take care of all your future can opening needs

poverty goat

plastic cutlery that you can just throw away after you use it like a kcup

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
a knife but like when I point it at my steak a laser shoots out and cuts it into little squares for me.

I still can't put it in the dishwasher though :(

Robot Made of Meat

Starman Super DX posted:

a knife but like when I point it at my steak a laser shoots out and cuts it into little squares for me.

Oh, you CAN put in the diswasher . . .

Manifisto

poverty goat posted:

plastic cutlery that you can just throw away after you use it like a kcup

so your idea is: trash. let people eat their food with trash. I suppose we'll be serving it out of a dumpster?

Starman Super DX posted:

the inventors of the zune, an infamous flop, managed to display at least the faintest scintilla of originality by leveraging the squircle. you by contrast are still thinking in squares. do you also use a 56k dialup modem for internet access? or maybe an abacus?

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Gloves, but they sweat eel sauce, so you can touch the foods the they'll cling to em. maybe salad gloves that sweat French dressing, dessert gloves that ooze caramel sauce, etc.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Manifisto

mysterious frankie posted:

Gloves, but they sweat eel sauce, so you can touch the foods the they'll cling to em. maybe salad gloves that sweat French dressing, dessert gloves that ooze caramel sauce, etc.

"taste the ooze" - the ad copy writes itself

mysterious frankie

Manifisto posted:

"taste the ooze" - the ad copy writes itself

it's really going to sell well to 90s kids, like me, whose brains are steeped in novelty goos.

----------------

mysterious frankie

hire the adult power glove kid for the ad picture, talking about how bad it is, but also viscous strands of flavor slime are dripping from his fist.

----------------

peanut

best american foods are eaten by hand but a sauce forcefield could be helpful

redm

a fork that squirts ketchup

sig by Manifisto

Manifisto

peanut posted:

best american foods are eaten by hand but a sauce forcefield could be helpful

force field this, light saber that, star trek has stunted the minds of a generation. no offense.

redm posted:

a fork that squirts ketchup

this sounds suspiciously like you just took steve jobs' invention "ketchup bottle that squirts forks" and switched around some of the words

which is what jobs would have done, rip buddy

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

my lawyers are telling me that none of your ideas so far are patentable. let's pick up the pace people, I have a boat payment due soon.

Twenty Four

In the future, you just eat with your hands, but not like some savage. They are cool cyborg hands and the tip of your finger will hinge off and whatever utensil you need just pops out for your convenience like inspector gadget.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I just patented "eating with your face" as a thing, so take ~THAT~ OP!

HEY! Give that back!

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Straw for maggot smoothie.

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

In the future, you just eat with your hands, but not like some savage. They are cool cyborg hands and the tip of your finger will hinge off and whatever utensil you need just pops out for your convenience like inspector gadget.

I have already spent $100 million of venture capital trying to build an app store for cyborg implants and I might as well have just lit the money on fire. actually if I'd lit it on fire I would at least have gotten a fleeting experience of warmth and comfort.

Splatmaster posted:

I just patented "eating with your face" as a thing, so take ~THAT~ OP!

look at this yahoo who thinks they're executing a sick burn without supplying technical diagrams and maybe a fake perpetual worldwide exclusive license just to rub it in

slowm posted:

Straw for maggot smoothie.

what is that, your band name? I imagine "maggot smoothie" describes your music pretty accurately.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
Eating in zero gravity, just chomping the food out of the atmosphere in front of you. Like how astronauts drink their spheres of Tang

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The Cutler, a small mechanical man who cuts your food into safe and healthy portions, then delivers the food to your mouth with a perfect spiral throw every time. Just sit at the table and open your mouth when you want another bite, no hands needed.

Manifisto

canyoneer posted:

Eating in zero gravity, just chomping the food out of the atmosphere in front of you. Like how astronauts drink their spheres of Tang

"cut out the middleman" is a sound and time-tested business concept but I'm having trouble seeing the deliverable. instructional videos? antigravity generators? new flavors of tang? also people don't like astronauts anymore, they cause feelings of inferiority. bring me something relatable, like whales filtering krill.

LawfulWaffle posted:

The Cutler, a small mechanical man who cuts your food into safe and healthy portions, then delivers the food to your mouth with a perfect spiral throw every time. Just sit at the table and open your mouth when you want another bite, no hands needed.

you are thinking so small I don't know how your brain has managed to avoid slipping out of your ears when you swim. in the future "safe and healthy portions" will be taken care of by fat-eating nanomachines or calorie free synthfood, not some homonculus slave. although if the tiny slave looks like a beloved football personality we may have something to discuss. however that last thing is a separate concept I came up with totally independently of what you said.

Manifisto

my assistant is telling me that instead of berating people for the good and funny posts in this thread I should be emptyquoting you instead. guess I'm in the market for a new assistant.

Koishi Komeiji

It's bad for the environment to make all these different kitchen gadgets. Throw everything in your kitchen away, you need just one all purpose utensil:

mysterious frankie

Koishi Komeiji posted:

It's bad for the environment to make all these different kitchen gadgets. Throw everything in your kitchen away, you need just one all purpose utensil:

you could clap your hands together to spray condiments at threats, effectively blinding them.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Koishi Komeiji posted:

perfect, the consumer can decide for themselves whether they are more like a creepy girl-stalking child murderer dream demon or a creepy frankenstein stalker of winona ryder.

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 1, 2018

• Locked thread