Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EconomyBee
Jun 16, 2010
Lately there's been a trend of increasing boycotts of companies due to affiliation with another company or just something they did. There's the issue with NRA and I just read an article about a popular cellphone case maker Spigen's CEO supported a Webtoon artist that made joke of child rape. There's a boycott going on in Korea and was thinking if these boycotts were effective at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconomyBee
Jun 16, 2010

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Do you have any actually numbers if boycotts are increasing? People have been boycotting things forever and ever.

That's true, there's always something going on like that time people boycotted companies selling Ivanka Trump merchandise. Then again, people were saying they're "boycotting" while still shopping at those stores.

Bip Roberts posted:

I bought a starbucks and threw it away to show them.

Um... you filled up their pockets with more money.

LegoPirateNinja posted:

I stopped selling guns at all the stores I own. No joke.

Are you facing any kind of repercussion? It seems one day the news is flooded with NRA affiliated boycotts and the next day there's news of couples renewing vows with assault rifles.

• Locked thread