Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Egbert Souse posted:

Leaked ending:

Thanos suddenly becomes a wireframe and disappears. The remaining Avengers are puzzled. Camera backs away to show Stan Lee sitting at a visual effects workstation with his finger on the delete button. He laughs. THE END.

(I have no faith in either Infinity War movie being anything other than mediocre if the last three are any indication)

It'll be no Justice League, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cant wait for more bug henchmen, a zero depth badguy with unclear motivations and more china pandering that ensures the movie will have jothing useful to say because of Chinese censors.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

What could be....

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DC Murderverse posted:

Avengers: The Wedding of Cap and Bucky

I would be so down.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

basic hitler posted:

Cant wait for more bug henchmen, a zero depth badguy with unclear motivations and more china pandering that ensures the movie will have jothing useful to say because of Chinese censors.

Now that you.mention it, it would be sort of cool to have a planet-threatening battle last so long that China had time to move their carrier off NYC, and join in air campaigns alongside American and other air forces, as allies.

I'd enjoy that movie.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I assume Ant-Man and the Wasp is taking place between Civil War and Infinity War, right? It's kinda odd they didn't swap the release dates around.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
the two Avengers movies are my least favorite MCU films, excepting Iron Man 2, which is borderline unwatchable. I just don't really enjoy Tony Stark that much, and Civil War has the decency to at least make vague gestures in the direction that he's sort of a villain now, though one with mostly noble intentions who always comes to the absolute wrong conclusions about how to enact his high-minded ideals.
Captain America is kind of an incoherent character now, too.
Thor: Ragnarok managed to salvage both Thor and Hulk/Banner at once, a hell of a feat.
Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and the Guardians being heavily involved in the plot means that most of the important cast is interesting characters, though.

I just have no faith in anyone's ability to make Thanos interesting. like, they're even gutting his traditional central motivation (PLEASE NOTICE ME LADY DEATH I KILLED ALL THESE PEOPLE FOR YOU <3 ). and replacing it with...what?
I expect Tony Stark and Steve Rogers will die, because both actors probably want out, and it'd be the logical move. Heck, even Thor could die.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A slight correction:

Egbert Souse posted:

Leaked ending:

Thanos suddenly becomes a wireframe and disappears. The remaining Avengers are puzzled. Camera backs away to show Stan Lee sitting at a visual effects workstation with his finger on the delete button. He quips "Ain't I a stinker?". THE END.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A slight correction:

Mail this kid a no-prize.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

C'mon this is obvious. Couple of the old guard die (Iron Man and Captain) plus a handfull of the side characters, like really legit die to show how serious a threat Thanos is. Dr Strange loses his time stone and can't reverse it. Earth burns and the remaining heroes look down on the planet in that shot in the trailer. Also the last infinity stone is what makes those purple flowers in Black Panther glow and let you talk to dead relatives.

Next movie is "Death of Captain America" or something, Bucky takes up the mantle, they defeat Thanos with help from his daughters or someone who has a personal grudge sacrificing themselves, and Starlord rebuilds the world using his imagination with all sorts of fun 80's pop culture references like putting David Hasslehoff on Mt Rushmore.

It's a license to print money and I can't wait.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Snowman_McK posted:

Kevin Feige also said that Winter Soldier was like a gritty 70s spy thriller

Haven't a bunch of those big crossover events changed essentially nothing?

Like, I remember Dark Reign was supposed to invert the order or whatever, instead it lasted barely a year.

It's serialised entertainment. The thing that is happening right now is super important, right up until it isn't and they just start ignoring it.

Again the status quo is what comics are all about. A big shift event is going to be about letting certain actors go. Maybe someone else will take up their mantle that's how comics work. You're complaining about a built in feature of the genre, like saying "im upset this clock always circles back to 12".

The big crossover things remove something, either add or restore something and keep moving, but they always eliminate a lot somehow (even if it's eventually brought back). Infinity War will do the same for certain actors, but you're right it won't be the death of this cinematic franchise. It will be a change in that some folks will no longer be a part of the future stories, but yeah okay you are right they won't just end the MCU because it would be darkly unpredictable.

I don't quite get your complaint you think they're lying and RDJ really wants to sign on for another decade of these? I'm p sure he doesn't and that's why we're going to get this capstone to the first set of MCU avengers to let these folks leave the serialization.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 12, 2018

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

935 posted:

C'mon this is obvious. Couple of the old guard die (Iron Man and Captain) plus a handfull of the side characters, like really legit die to show how serious a threat Thanos is. Dr Strange loses his time stone and can't reverse it. Earth burns and the remaining heroes look down on the planet in that shot in the trailer. Also the last infinity stone is what makes those purple flowers in Black Panther glow and let you talk to dead relatives.

Next movie is "Death of Captain America" or something, Bucky takes up the mantle, they defeat Thanos with help from his daughters or someone who has a personal grudge sacrificing themselves, and Starlord rebuilds the world using his imagination with all sorts of fun 80's pop culture references like putting David Hasslehoff on Mt Rushmore.

It's a license to print money and I can't wait.

If it's actually two movies I can't imagine anyone important is going to die in the first half because they'd be too afraid of how it might negatively affect the second half.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Jummy posted:

If it's actually two movies I can't imagine anyone important is going to die in the first half because they'd be too afraid of how it might negatively affect the second half.

Tony Stark will die at the end of part one to make people go NOW THE GAME HAS CHANGED.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Again the status quo is what comics are all about.

This. Didn't some DC story end with The Swamp Thing end up saving the earth from a bunch of zombie superheroes by becoming the White Lantern? poo poo doesn't stick for long.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
The other thing that will make people go NOW THE GAME HAS CHANGED is that at the end of part one Thanos will be smirking quite smugly and Black Widow will go, "You can't beat us, Thanas, we have the power of friendship on our side," and all the other Avengers will go, "Yeah!"

But Thanos will smirk smugger and go, "Oh? I have friends too BITCH (Joss Whedon script doctored this movie)," and the he will use the power of the Franchise Infinity Stone to rip open a portal in space and time and then a New Order Star Destroyer will hyperjump in and Kylo Ren will Force Leap out of the ship and go, "Did you think I'd let you have all the fun, Thonos?" And then Thanos will go, "About time you showed up." And then they'll kiss (Black Panther convinced Marvel-Disney to push a different minority identity in all their new movies going forward).

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

porfiria posted:

The other thing that will make people go NOW THE GAME HAS CHANGED is that at the end of part one Thanos will be smirking quite smugly and Black Widow will go, "You can't beat us, Thanas, we have the power of friendship on our side," and all the other Avengers will go, "Yeah!"

But Thanos will smirk smugger and go, "Oh? I have friends too BITCH (Joss Whedon script doctored this movie)," and the he will use the power of the Franchise Infinity Stone to rip open a portal in space and time and then a New Order Star Destroyer will hyperjump in and Kylo Ren will Force Leap out of the ship and go, "Did you think I'd let you have all the fun, Thonos?" And then Thanos will go, "About time you showed up." And then they'll kiss (Black Panther convinced Marvel-Disney to push a different minority identity in all their new movies going forward).

Hell yeah. Kylo is hot. Also I LOVE STAR WARS

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

This movie could be the worst trash imaginable, but if they use the reality stone to bring back Jeff Bridges so he can yell about Tony Stark and scraps, that motherfucker’s gonna get at least two stars from me, easy.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

porfiria posted:

I would watch a MCU/Star Wars crossover several times.

gently caress it, get the cartoons in there too, I wanna see Mickey and Elsa throw down with Captain Phasma and Ego.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Fart City posted:

This movie could be the worst trash imaginable, but if they use the reality stone to bring back Jeff Bridges so he can yell about Tony Stark and scraps, that motherfucker’s gonna get at least two stars from me, easy.

If they bring him back to do his Jesse Ventura impression I'm on board.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

porfiria posted:

So, basically the Patton Oswalt scene from Parks & Recreation.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
https://youtu.be/8JgCsHj5VY0

New TV Spot with a new line of dialogue, “The end is near.” Anyone know who might of spoke that?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Again the status quo is what comics are all about. A big shift event is going to be about letting certain actors go. Maybe someone else will take up their mantle that's how comics work. You're complaining about a built in feature of the genre, like saying "im upset this clock always circles back to 12".

The big crossover things remove something, either add or restore something and keep moving, but they always eliminate a lot somehow (even if it's eventually brought back). Infinity War will do the same for certain actors, but you're right it won't be the death of this cinematic franchise. It will be a change in that some folks will no longer be a part of the future stories, but yeah okay you are right they won't just end the MCU because it would be darkly unpredictable.

I don't quite get your complaint you think they're lying and RDJ really wants to sign on for another decade of these? I'm p sure he doesn't and that's why we're going to get this capstone to the first set of MCU avengers to let these folks leave the serialization.

I'm not complaining about the feature, I'm complaining about people going 'yes, this will change things' when we'll get, at worst, some cosmetic change to the roster.

Also, RDJ has been saying he's not really interested in doing the character for a long time, ditto Evans.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

A couple of separate sources leaked that the film ends with Thanos dead and Nebula in possession of the gauntlet.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Snowman_McK posted:

Also, RDJ has been saying he's not really interested in doing the character for a long time, ditto Evans.

I'm pretty sure RDJ is out. Too bad Thor's hammer is gone, because I was also pretty convinced Cap was going to bash Thanos with mjolnir at a dramatically significant moment.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Spam Musubi posted:

https://youtu.be/8JgCsHj5VY0

New TV Spot with a new line of dialogue, “The end is near.” Anyone know who might of spoke that?

ya frank sinatra

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Hat Thoughts posted:

ya frank sinatra

dog from airbud

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

1stGear posted:

I would watch a MCU/Star Wars crossover several times.

gently caress it, get the cartoons in there too, I wanna see Mickey and Elsa throw down with Captain Phasma and Ego.

This is called kingdom hearts and it's great

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

A couple of separate sources leaked that the film ends with Thanos dead and Nebula in possession of the gauntlet.

I hope that's not true. Nebula sucks.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It would be pretty hilarious if they made one of the worst actors in the entire franchise the new big scary villain.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

PriorMarcus posted:

I can't imagine anyone caring about this.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Are we really spoilering speculation? Guess I should also spoil the comic book story Where Nebula also steals the gauntlet

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Replacing the big bad bald bro that the entire franchise has been building up to for 10 years with his whiny daughter who has barely accomplished anything between two movies would be real stupid.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

1stGear posted:

Replacing the big bad bald bro that the entire franchise has been building up to for 10 years with his whiny daughter who has barely accomplished anything between two movies would be real stupid.

It happens in the comics but I agree there's no way they're just going to roll with it like that. Like maybe they still have Nebula get the gauntlet but Thanos will still be around in some like possession/advisory position or something.

I mean they're almost certainly not going to do that, they removed him wanting to kill tons of people to get the humanoid personification of death to notice him (even though this was literally how he was first introduced into the franchise in the Avengers 1 post credits scene), it's already established that both his daughters hate his guts and have left him, like is this guy just gonna be another Steppenwolf (as presented in the Justice League film) dude now with absolutely nothing going on?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Also from what folks are speculating they're seriously gonna kill Iron Man instead of Captain America so they can't have the latter appear out of nowhere with no explanation at a critical moment in the second flick so he can finally scream for the Avengers to Assemble?

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

porfiria posted:

Tony Stark will die at the end of part one to make people go NOW THE GAME HAS CHANGED.

Then in a few years Riri comes across a hidden cache of Stark tech, which will interface with a special satellite where Tony had stored his digitized consciousness (uploaded some time before Thanos as a backup but he never finished the project so it's been laying dormant) and will become her A.I. mentor. At that point RDJ will be able to do all his lines in a day at any sound studio he happens to be near.

Unfortunately it seems more like they are going to go the Pepper Potts Rescue route, which is just depressing.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Doflamingo posted:

I hope that's not true. Nebula sucks.

Her actress was pretty good in the Oculus movie.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Then in a few years Riri comes across a hidden cache of Stark tech, which will interface with a special satellite where Tony had stored his digitized consciousness (uploaded some time before Thanos as a backup but he never finished the project so it's been laying dormant) and will become her A.I. mentor. At that point RDJ will be able to do all his lines in a day at any sound studio he happens to be near.

Unfortunately it seems more like they are going to go the Pepper Potts Rescue route, which is just depressing.

Does it? Paltrow hasn't been in a Marvel movie since 2013, despite Stark appearing in at least three since then.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

Does it? Paltrow hasn't been in a Marvel movie since 2013, despite Stark appearing in at least three since then.

She was in the new spider-man for a bit at the end.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Vakal posted:

She was in the new spider-man for a bit at the end.

I don't know if I missed it or forgot it, but you're right. And she's credited for both the next two Avengers movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can't imagine anyone caring about this.

I thought that would be a really interesting path to take. I don't believe it at all, but still I thought it'd be fun.