Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Boonta Vista has potential to be a pretty swell podcast but they need to do a bit more writing in advance so as to be able to discuss bad things in a little more detail than

"...so yeah. Pretty great" *crickets*
"....yeah, not the best" *crickets*
"Wow" *crickets*
"That's what you like to see" *crickets*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

:prepop:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Cases Cited:
Prime Marble & Granite Pty Ltd (ACN 077 393 938) v Mehajer [2017] NSWDC 273

lol

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

sigh

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-07/kate-langbroek-victim-of-attack-at-st-kilda-home/9524128

Kate Langbroek shares photos of bruising after 'terrifying attack', demands answers over St Kilda 'degradation'

Radio host Kate Langbroek has demanded answers over the "degradation" of St Kilda after her family was subjected to what she described as a "crazed, violent, terrifying attack".

On air yesterday, Langbroek told listeners the attack, which left the 52-year-old bruised, began when her babysitter left her family's home about midnight on Friday.

She said she was approached by a man who began swearing at her and trying to get into her car, prompting her to run back to the house.

With the babysitter back inside, Langbroek and her husband Peter went outside to see what was happening, and saw the man on the opposite side of the road.

"He starts yelling, he turns around and sees us," Langbroek said.

"I look at Peter, I go: 'Shut the gate', but he's as quick as insanity. He's suddenly right there upon us and he's yelling full on.

"I try to shut the gate [but] he pushes the gate open on me.

"Peter yells out: 'Shut the gate' [but] I can't shut the gate. He's outside the gate trying to pull it shut — he's on the outside with the madman."

Langbroek then realised the front door of their house, where her children and their babysitter were inside, was still open.

"I run inside, slam the door, and praise be I put my leg up against the door to brace it," she said.

"Next minute — thump — he tries to kick the door in. Madman's at the front door."

Langbroek and her husband were eventually able to phone police, bringing a number of officers to the scene, and a man was arrested over the incident.

'Decent citizens' are vulnerable

The radio star yesterday praised police officers but took to Twitter, asking Victorian Housing Minister Martin Foley to contact her to talk about "his plans to stop the degradation of St Kilda hill".

St Kilda is home to the notorious Gatwick Hotel, a rooming house which until its closure last year provided shelter to some of the city's poorest people since the 1950s, but caused concerns about violence and drug use.

Following its closure there were fears some of its residents would have nowhere to go.

Discussing the Gatwick Hotel's closure last year, Mr Foley said it would bring change to St Kilda.

"The Gatwick has long passed its time as a place that housed vulnerable people in safe and appropriate circumstances," he said in March 2017.

"It is not a place that is fit for those residents.

"With much of Fitzroy St and surrounds being held back by the Gatwick, we can now look forward to working with traders, council and the community to turn a corner in the area's future."

In a follow-up tweet today that included a photo of her bruised arm, Ms Langbroek thanked Mr Foley for calling her, but demanded he take action in the suburb, noting St Kilda's vulnerable people were in fact its "decent citizens".

"This is the bruise I sustained trying to keep that 'vulnerable' resident from kicking our front door in on Friday night. Children inside," she wrote.

"The real vulnerable are the decent citizens of St Kilda. We await your action."

In a statement today, Mr Foley said what happened to Langbroek was "completely unacceptable".

"Our thoughts go out to her and her family," he said.

"I spoke to Ms Langbroek yesterday, and I'm pleased that an arrest has been made and this matter is now before the courts."

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

this headline is quite the :thunk:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Brown Paper Bag posted:

NV is vastly inferior to Fallout 3. Get on a plane to Perth and fight me bitch

literally cruising for a bruising

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

l

m

a

o

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

roman alphabet got the flick

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/15/roman-quaedvlieg-sacked-as-head-of-border-force

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Tokamak posted:

The Greens were always bad

posted wearing an "ASK ME ABOUT THORIUM" tshirt

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Tony Abbott... talk about your Bad Eggs

actually the best movie of all time

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Anidav posted:

How does our current political situation fit into Ship to Shore?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

johnson and friends has real potential for this new brand of analysis

the hot water bottle is a clear slytherin

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

labor is b1
the liberal party is b2
minor parties are the teddies
the press gallery is the rat in the hat

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

it's okay to acknowledge that israel is a racist ethnostate and that its ideology percolates quite strongly through the diaspora

like there's nothing inherent to that position about jews being like racially inclined towards racism or whatever it is you're saying

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Israel does a lot of bad stuff, but also does many things better than it's neighbours

this is a complete non sequitur

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Whitlam posted:

What? The Greens vote with the Libs and Labor all the time. I mean if you want to argue they side with Labor more then fair enough that's probably true, but the idea that the Greens "never" back the Libs is some hardcore revisionism (if that's what you're saying and I'm not misinterpreting, in which case apologies in advance).

He's talking about formal coalitions for minority government.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

• Anti-vaccers
  • Raw milkers

• Vaxxers

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

JBP posted:

Why would you stop people paying for school? I mean even if you ended public funding wholesale to private school, why wouldn't you let rich people reduce the burden on the education budget?

Stratification in education is a net drain on society

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/mar/20/tony-abbott-given-extra-entitlements-as-former-prime-minister

let the usual tired/amused/resigned reactions begin

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

much like your're are postings, unfortunately

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

First home buyers get up to 30k
Olds get up to 300k per person

I'm sure that's what you were pointing out but I wanted to type it out anyway

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Dimebag posted:

Ok Terrific...

:golfclap:

Can we just get past this bullshit slap fight between the greens and Labor?

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Remember when FruityGordo was doxxed by Andrew Bolt? That was funny.

the funniest part of that saga was her bitterness over (maybe?) losing her job because of violent posts she made with her real name attached

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

https://theconversation.com/men-and-young-people-more-likely-to-be-ageist-study-93057

:thunk:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

https://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/abc-s-jon-faine-criticised-over-deeply-uncomfortable-interview-20180329-p4z6u3.html

:psyduck:

Invite someone onto the program to discuss people’s attitudes to disability and then profess your horror at their appearance due to their disability. Good job Jon Faine you dickhead, apparently brain trauma is contagious at 774

Jon Faine has sucked for a long long time

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

actually he is lame and bad

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Pinball Jizzard posted:

For year 1 of the agreement yes, by 2014 shift workers of normal grade 6 or above were making more than that. Electrician shift workers (grade 6L) making in excess of $150,000. The day rate workers were obviously below the average.

Is it just me that sees the wages being paid as being incredibly above market rates? Particularly considering it’s a decent way from Sydney. If 20% got knocked off the top end money, They’d still be well paid workers.

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

hooman posted:

This is the logic for 7 digit CEO salaries.

he said workers, not leeches

• Locked thread