Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/FredPawle/status/969343402792779776

They've got the path to victory all figured out now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Barnaby is doing the right thing and standing by that wanton whore who got herself knocked up with another man's baby by sleeping around.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JBP posted:

What possible political compensation does Barnaby see coming of throwing baby mama under the bus?

I mean I know it usually works. This doesn't seem like a bus throwing situation though.

Getting the leadership back, obviously

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

She looks like a young Bronwyn Bishop in the top photo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

iajanus posted:

I think i pissed off asher wolf somehow enough to doxx me and then delete the tweet history so idk I think it's been a good day.

It doesn't really take all that much to set her off, she's a victim complex wrapped in the thinnest of skins who looks like she was 3D printed from Tumblr

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 6, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I never did understand how she got a gig on The Panel back in the day, her head was as empty as it was humourless

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

QUACKTASTIC posted:

If I was suggesting ISPs for a friend in NSW, what are the AUSPOL approved options?

Skymesh, MyRepublic, Aussie Broadband

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

GoldStandardConure posted:

or buy from a local book provider which may or may not be associated with goons

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cory Bernardi's Australian Conservatives have preferenced Labor ahead of Liberal on their HTV cards in the 50/50 seat of Lee

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Les Affaires posted:

Lachlan was the one who was involved with tanking Ten and allowing it to be sold to CBS (a good thing btw).

Also One.Tel

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Not content with every other industry they've recklessly destroyed, Millennials are now killing the rent industry too, by spending all their money on smashed avo and living with parents, instead of moving out and renting homes from hard working boomers like Linda. How much longer will society continue to let them leech from true Aussie battlers?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I hope all those rich people fall into the sea and their houses are seized and lived in by rent seeker-abused millennials

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

What if you live in it with a bunch of other renters and actually manage to make appropriate use of the space

And then slowly do away with the faux rich parts of it while improving the energy and water efficiency of the entire plot.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Anidav posted:

What is Taylor?

A semi-rural seat north of Adelaide that was, until now, one of the safest Labor seats in the state at +23. The current sitting member recently resigned from the cabinet in disgrace over the Oakden retirement home scandal, and isn't contesting the election.

She was a Labor right hack though, and was heading for the #1 slot in the Legislative council and permanent born to rule status before the scandal broke, so it's good she's gone.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 13, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Somebody start a fight or something

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Change from within working

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I like how the left wing party has been taken over by principle-free, deal making centrists, and it's the left's fault for not being 'more electable' and toeing the line set by the right.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

"We've finally achieved the balance of power, and all we had to do was agree to the FWA Choices for Work scheme, include clean coal as a solution in our environmental platform, and successfully fight for more woman guards at offshore detention centres"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

One born to rule meltdown at the judge, and she could earn a contempt charge that should end her political career

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JBP posted:

She has been in a court before.

She's been in estimates before too, didn't stop her having a meltdown there the other week

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Greeks are white now?

Yes, because they're European, and more white than Lebanese. Even Slavs count as white and inside the tent in the new world in the 21st century. e: Unless they're muslim slavs, they don't count

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 15, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I was going to go to this to do a trip report for everyone, but things haven't worked out, sorry

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm totally blaming you.

Had a fun game of deciding who to put last, Xenophon's vanity party, Bernardi's vanity party or the Libs.

There was seriously something like 3 progressive parties vs 9 conservatives. I'm counting Labor as progressive since the state Labs seem more progressive than the feds.

Don't gently caress this up SA

I only had 5 candidates, put Green first, Liberal last, and Labor before SAB. Numbered all 43 boxes below the line, with Bernardi's lot last, Greens and the other progressives first.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BBJoey posted:

i know di natale is literally satan or whatever but what is it that he’s actually done to turn the greens into Literally Worse Than Labor (The Refugee Torture Guys)

Agreed to the coalition's lovely education plan for the sake of making a deal

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Inescapable Duck posted:

So what's the post-mortem? I can't bring myself to research outside this thread to find out how hosed we are, but I always assumed poo poo's going to get worse around here anyway. Guessing best case scenario is the Libs are floundering one-termers who've long forgotten how to do anything, though they probably smash as much infrastructure as they can on the way out either way.

The post mortem is that if the SAEC had not changed the electorate boundaries, as forced to by the gerrymander the Liberals had inserted into the state constitution in the late 80s, there would have been no seats change hands. The final result fell exactly where the numbers were notionally post reistribution.

The Libs are worthless, visionless, and gormless. 16 years down, and they didn't actually win the election so much as fall over a line that was placed there for them decades ago. Should be one term, but depends how many boomers we can drown in the ocean.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 18, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

SA still has an upper house, and the balance of power will be held by SA Best, so Marshall can't go full Newman

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Doesn't really matter whether they're Jewish or Catholic, they're a minority community of conservative shitlords leveraging a perceived electoral importance to push their conservative views on everyone else, and they should be undercut.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thatbastardken posted:

demographics that are 'problematic' for greens strategists:

• jews
  • olds
  • poors
  • workers
  • aspirational types
  • the rich
  • farmers
  • catholics
  • revheads
  • have i missed anyone?

• Anti-vaccers
  • Raw milkers

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 19, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

freebooter posted:

I continue to be mystified at what the Green-aren't-left-enough crowd actually want

For the Parliamentary Greens and party machinery to support the policies of the people who actually voted for them, rather than the ones of the voters they're trying to court.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 19, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Competition breeds efficiency

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Paracetamol posted:

Really I want a recession to happen and the wankers with 10 investment properties to go bankrupt and have to fire sale their properties so that I can buy a place to call my own. And gently caress negative gearing off for existing properties too. Oh and guillotine the rich.

I agree op, but I want it to happen before the election, so the LNP truly earn the much deserved ire for being lovely at fiscal management rather than being able to pass the buck yet again.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CrazyTolradi posted:

That's basically been my point to people who go around saying "I really wish we'd have a major housing market crash so all these properties can flood the market". If you're renting it's just wishing someone would come along and kick you out onto the streets basically.

Renters are already getting hosed now, at least the other way leads to boomers going bankrupt and the banks having to sell the houses to someone to make back costs, and that someone could easily be renters who suddenly find their dollar of tomorrow worth twice that of today.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

If a little hardship is what finally encourages people in Australia to eat the rich, then so be it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Weatherill has been replaced as SA Labor leader by right faction rising star Peter Malinauskas, looking forward to 4 years of the opposition supporting the gassing of the poor to prove they can be just as tough on crime as the Liberals.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The AFL had been stalling adding support for the women's game because they wanted to sink the money into other coke fueled pipe dreams, but when the exhibition game bone they threw to shut people up proved to be overwhelmingly popular, they were forced into a corner, and had to launch the women's league. Now they're in a bind, because none of the decision makers at AFL house want it, but they can't get rid of it, and every time they try to defund it by stealth or devalue it by pushing their other nonsense, they get caught and cop a public pasting for it.

The AFL is the most tone deaf sports organisation in the country, and that's at a time when the NRL is paying a violent home invader to play, the FFA is at war with fans over flares and chants and launched an eSports league that garnered more viewers than their actual sport, Cricket Australia tried to con the public into helping them bust the players union, and the AOC held a Putin style election to reinstall their sexist and abusive President.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 23, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

In 2016 my local club across the road had 0 women's teams. In 2017 they had an open (16+) women's team, and enough U14 girls players to put out a 14 or so player team. This year they have a women's team, a women's U18 team, a girls U16 team, and a girls U14 team

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 23, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

DancingShade posted:

Was it on advertiser revenue grounds or something else?

They put 5 games on 7 for Adelaide and Melbourne, the rest on 7mate, and every game on 7mate for Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth, with anywhere else needing Foxtel, and no one was really sure why. I don't think 7 ever gave an explanation. There was nothing else sports on, and they didn't do any advertising for it during the Australian Open.

On the other hand, the AFL put zero into advertising it as well, because they were caught having transferred basically all of the AFLW advertising budget to their AFLX flop, an idiotic attempt at a land grab over both soccer and cricket by scheduling a preseason competition during cricket season that used cut down rules to create a T20-like game using soccer pitches. The best and only advertising all year was by the league sponsor NAB, who ran a cool ad about creating history by inserting current players into archival footage from the 50s, 70s, and 80s.

The short answer is AFL House is full of failed-upwards paradigm breaking synergy assistant-loving management types who routinely manipulate events to gain desired outcomes, and while it works inside the league where they have total control of the teams and the media, they're loving terrible at it when they try it outside their bubble.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 23, 2018

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Peccadillo posted:

The Boonta Patreon has funded Lucy exclusive content

https://m.twitch.tv/lucyskywalker/profile

I too am thirsty for more Lucy content

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

At this point we should be developing a relatively portable home made air gun, so that protesters can recover the squash balls fired at them, and fire them right back at the stromtroopers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Imagine how much the Operational Response Unit is asking the Border Farce to conduct another grossly illegal stop brown people and search them for papers sweep joint public wellness operation with VicPol so that they can fire all of that stuff into the hippy snowflakes

• Locked thread