Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

My controversial opinion is that maybe some precautions should be taking when excavating 1km of asbestos to carry out a major infrastructure project

Settle down, next you'll be advocating that the ABCC should be focused on issues such as this than union busting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Knobb Manwich posted:

Do it yourself leaner scum, innovate some agility

Inept would be OPs.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
What a Knob.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Oh ok.

Just to ignite the worst state conversation again. Let's build some rail into heavily used choke points for the reason of shuttling the workers into the second airport. St Mary's and Campbeltown, like what the actual gently caress?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

You'll suck down those exhaust fumes and you'll be grateful for the sustenance.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Pinball Jizzard posted:

*Edit* The other option is that the triangle doesn’t happen and instead a line is build through Oran Park and Smeaton Grange towards Campbelltown. That would require tunnelling though but creates added benefit by removing some of the load taken by other stations in the area.

But the tunnelling creates just another example of how little this infrastructure build has been thought through, ~10 years ago 90 % of that area used to be farm land and was turned into housing developments. So instead of having to maybe build track but tunnel under Narellen they now have to pay to tunnel under the developments that were re zoned from farmland. It all costs money and more money due to lack of planning for the future. All of this land was sold off whilst Bagerys Creek was still the planned location for the second airport.

What work is being done to easy congestion on the western line? The same amount of services are running as always not accounting for the population boom in that area, how is adding more passengers onto that line going to help given they have no room for expansion and the the track is super close to capacity?

Editing as I just saw Birstrikes comment: the link from North-South Western Sydney has been needed for many years but as above my issue is that they have sold off so much of the land around and it's been populated for sonlong that any expansion of the rail is now open to NIMBYS and also the cost that goes along with that.

I'm just annoyed at the lack of future planning more than anything.

Dimebag fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 4, 2018

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

JBP posted:

I currently can't have a hot shower but the upshot is I'm waiting for an electrician and not attending a two hour PowerPoint presentation. It might actually be worth the five days of feeling unclean.

No one wants to watch that poo poo and most would do anything to get out of it.

Hey guys, can we have a huddle scheduled for 15 minutes but that ends up derailing for 90 minutes to discuss a problem that could be resolved via a yes/no answer? Also since the discussion took so long the solution cannot be implemented correctly? Thanks.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

goddammit, I dont wanna go to loving telstra they're the worst. :( or at least whenever I had to get any lines hooked up.

Going through both Telstra and NBN co for my in-laws and it's nothing more than a confusing world of pain, where each side has hosed up but are blaming the other.

The best part is where they have had to have new copper run down from the pit and I asked the NBN guy why they would do this and not just run fibre in these cases, he said well you can but how much money have you got, I asked out of interest what would it cost and was advised he cannot tell me the inflated or "actual" cost as it would put his job in jeopardy. So my assumption is the actual cost would be equal or less than new copper line but charged at such a rate no-one would bother unless you are able to eat the cost, which explains how Malcolm got his fibre line into point piper.

Edit: I did advise Aussie but was rebuffed due to a requirement of a fax line and number still being connected at their house which my father in law was convinced no-one else could provide. I tried offering eFax options etc but he was stuck in his ways. Hence Telstra.

Dimebag fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 6, 2018

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
LNP.txt

My brain is having trouble parsing this, you have a mandate on 200ish secret policies not released to the electorate?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

He's also trying to bring back the English test laws.

Isn't he one of the nationals who can barely spit out a dixer when called upon and is cheered by his party like a child reciting their first sentence for simply showing basic comprehension after doing so? Or am I thinking of another coalition member who cannot seem to grasp public speaking?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Really looking forward to the US trotting out Jon Daly for Phillip Morris to get Australia to roll back plain packaging laws.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Konomex posted:

I don't mean to alarm you fiery_valkyrie, but with the downturn in the retail market and the shocking stagnation of wages over the past few decades... 90% of government revenue is generated from tampon taxes.

Shocking if true, I guess that's why the Libs are trying to push for more females on their side to avoid the "No menstruation without representation" campaign that could tank the economy. This is of course assuming LNP logic that menstruation is a choice, hence the GIST application.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

I am bathing in the ocean of boomer tears shed over the ALP abolishing excess franking credit refunds.

You can always tell that it's a decent policy when the IPA shills are out in full force on the comments claiming this will hurt pensioners. I don't know how they do the mental gymnastics but apparently the ~92% of the population that are unaffected should be up in arms for the ~8% claiming the credits.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
But isn't that why a 3 month probationary period exists for jobs? Oh wait, you mean they have to be paid during this period well nevermind.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
THE DREAM FACTORY

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Anidav posted:

I find it weird that the SMH is doing the journalism that you would expect the ABC to do?

When did Fairfax get teeth?

When they realised this government is cooked. The closer we get to the Newspoll record the more brazen the press are becoming, none of them want to back a dud like Malcolm or whomever the Libs roll out as their next leader.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

JBP posted:

I want to know if the greens have welcomed noble Peter's assistance to South Africans desperate for aid and humanitarian support.

And guns, don't forget the guns. As long as the stocks are made from sustainable timber.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Probably a nice warm seat ready for him on Dutton's gun board.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Is that a senator in the background?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

JBP posted:

The new train in Melbourne is gonna cost $11b if it's on cost (it won't be)

Will it fit on the current tracks? This is important for best/worst state views.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

JBP posted:

They're made here and Dan is very proud of them being able to actually use the tracks.

Locally manufactured and will fit on the current guage tracks and lines? Its unheard of...on the east coast of Australia.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

starkebn posted:

But will they fit through the tunnels? This has been a problem recently.

It's all level crossings for the time being, so the tunnel size shouldn't be an issue, unlike those pesky ~100 year old tunnels in the blue mountains that caught the LNP by surprise.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
https://twitter.com/Paul_Karp/status/975545502954545153?s=19

It has to be Christensen right? He looks like a guy with poor hygiene.

e: Crap just realised it was senators, ok so who do we think is most likely leaving the mess?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

All I can think of when I see this is one of those low quality videos from ISIS where they threaten to nuke Manhattan or something

Pictured: The Greens threaten to form government.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Jonah Galtberg posted:

How does our current political situation fit into The Wayne Manifesto?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Which political parties are which Bon Scott AC/DC albums?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Sums up Australian journalism, can't even do the legwork to know those are DC comics characters not Marvel.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

I think I'm going back to bed, today just hasn't been my day.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Hey quick look over there:

https://twitter.com/Tony_Burke/status/975963826712559617?s=19

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
I mean why even pay them at all? You're just reducing the incentive for them to work the more you pay them.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Hmm should we stop gouging Australians? Nah gently caress that. Lets just jack up the prices from shopping overseas even more, that'll teach them for shopping overseas because we've cut their wages so much.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Oh look forward to sniffer dogs everywhere just like here in NSW. That's seems to be the LNP war on drugs policy, spend a shitload for very little positive effect. Unless that effect is funneling money to their donors.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

LNP corruption funneling money into BIG DOG.

Some RTO has to train the dogs right? Big Dog alive and well, chewing on the femur of your tax dollars.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
https://twitter.com/RobOakeshott1/status/976612806379253760?s=19

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Ok Terrific...

:golfclap:

Can we just get past this bullshit slap fight between the greens and Labor?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Won't anybody think of the battlers*

*FYGM

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
I come for the AusPol chat but I stay for the geopolitical consequences of WW2 chat.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Punishment: Public Crucifixion.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

hooman posted:

Unpaid interns.

No they paid a pretty penny to have the chance to sniff at writing these lovely headlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Whatever the worst possible decision that can be made, that's what Turnbull will do. Who has more pull with the LNP rich Chinese or rich Seppos?

• Locked thread