Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Inescapable Duck posted:

I am the jizzlord

*nods* Mr Joyce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Peccadillo posted:

Why are the protestations always about shooting pigs, there are like fifty people who shoot pigs and only about six of them are referring to police

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

The Adelaide fringe is making Adelaide feel really pumped right now and I am not at all looking forward to the Libs winning state government at the end of it. Gonna be the worst hangover ever.

Maybe I live in an echo chamber but I can't see Marshall getting voted for by anyone, ever. He's the political equivalent of a wet blanket.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

loving savage

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Joyce couldn't force a spill now though, clearly?

He's spilled enough

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

what in the world

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Giant unions and a minimum wage rise policy? Is it my birthday?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ewe2 posted:

Rather interesting article from the graun about the SA election from the bottom-level perspective. It seems clear that voters want a change but the options are bloody limited and the candidates confuse the hell out of them.

If we've got any sense we'll keep Labor but my nightmare scenario is Liberals with Xenophon + Bernardi holding balance of power.

Pros: Less pokies

Cons: Everything else

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'll be voting Green where I can but there's no g running in my electorate.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

AgentF posted:

If you are in SA then I can tell you for certain that there is a Greens Candidate in your electorate. As far as I can tell we are running candidates in 47/47 electorates. It was hard work but we got there, and every South Australian who wants to vote Green should be able to no matter where they live.

*googles*

Ah, there they are. Okay, cool.

They have no presence on posters or anything like that in my area, hence my confusion.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

AgentF posted:

Sorry to hear it. Which is your electorate?

Playford. Funnily enough I got robocalled with the Florey candidates the other week so the changed boundaries are causing confusion.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

We should do D&D edition wars next.

Whatever version is behind Curse of the Azure Bonds :colbert:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Now that I'm in the poo poo, I've tried very hard to do the right thing”

lol yeah, I’ll bet.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

McCain Cheese and Bacon is the best frozen pizza in the werld

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

A chap I work with - once I finished paying my HECS (don't guillotine me please) - said he kept letting the HECS repayments be taken out of his pay so he got a nice lump sum at tax time. Except you could have more money every week/fortnight/month/whatever if you don't do that :psyduck:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Savings are savings - tax returns are at the whim of the current government and whatever tax increases/tax cuts they wish to introduce.

If I'd still been paying HECS into my tax when they removed the dependent spouse offset I would've straight up lost money.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Why don't the greens welcome progressive policy anymore? Surely they can just nod and agree rather than drag it through some by election mud?

I've got no issue with parties saying "that policy that is currently just a soundbite requires us to look into it before we'll support or block it".

I think it has a lot to do with the Batman by-election though, they don't want to be seen as being in lockstep with Labor in a Labor v Green election.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CrazyTolradi posted:

Doesn't support Labor policies 100%, so as per JBP's torrent of shitposting, yes.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Glad the greens are going to stop this.

loving hell. Nearly $160 000 in income. What the gently caress is this.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

I went to a public school and I turned out just fine

:hfive:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Visidan posted:

don't blame me, i voted xenophon :chloe:

I'm totally blaming you.

Had a fun game of deciding who to put last, Xenophon's vanity party, Bernardi's vanity party or the Libs.

There was seriously something like 3 progressive parties vs 9 conservatives. I'm counting Labor as progressive since the state Labs seem more progressive than the feds.

Don't gently caress this up SA

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

sweetroy posted:

more than anything else, watching the abc coverage reminds me of how much Annabelle Krabb is insufferable to listen to

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Wow enjoy your LNP Government South Australia

They've counted 10%

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

He said closet conservatives

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Ey SA Goons, what the gently caress is happening in Mount Gambier & FLOREY?

2 IND Gains out of nowhere?

Florey's not out of nowhere, Frances Bedford is a popular candidate who's retaining

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cpt Soban posted:

I'd prefer a minor gov by the Marshall for a single term, so he can gently caress poo poo up- and piss everyone off, so the ALP can sweep in for another 16 years the term after. If ALP win this time round.... It's gonna be a disaster next election.

Except they'll probably stop renewable development, maybe even cause it to go backwards. First power outage after Labor get back in is blamed on renewables, continuing death is certain

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Visidan posted:

i wish rann had hosed off earlier

:hfive:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If anybody voted for the Libs since "it's time for a change" you're obviously in a privileged position where you won't be effected by cuts to services, infrastructure and public health. It's time for a change in your breathing capacity by walking into the sea.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I said it somewhere on these forums but I predicted good ol' Corey would win 0 seats and SA didn't let me down in that regard.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tokamak posted:

Doesn't take a brain genius to figure that one out.

I'm just glad the electorate didn't prove me horribly wrong

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

...they do know his name is Koch, right, and that Kochie is a nickname?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dimebag posted:

Sums up Australian journalism, can't even do the legwork to know those are DC comics characters not Marvel.

:thejoke:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gross

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Oh hey America finally found a cop they’re willing to pursue for murder charges

(His name is Mohamed Noor and he shot a blonde white woman)

gently caress

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hiddenmovement posted:

Biggest dandrews issue is he is trying to ram through a million things at once. It almost feels like he is resigned to being a one term premier and is just speed running it.

The difference is when you build stuff it takes years and money. When you're running government as a giant money laundering machine you don't need to build poo poo, just remove taxes and protections.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

Kmart is the own zone though.

That place just keeps getting better.

Just try not to think about what labour costs they're paying to keep poo poo so cheap

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GREENWOOD

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hiddenmovement posted:

I agree lets turn this into the footy thread

Essendon have committed some shocking turnovers, but the two new guys from Adelaide look really great, Doedee in particular.

Oh gently caress wrong thread :laffo:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Language evolves over time. Now it means something else.

When people hear something they don't personally like then point and scream "triggered" with a finger pointing like they're the Donald Sutherland screaming at Veronica Cartwright then it's never going to be legitimate.

The only reason it could be considered illegitimate is because dickheads like you decide it isn't.

It's a legitimate word that is used incorrectly sometimes. Guess what, so's the rest of the English loving language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

It's on TV right now and I'm waiting for a URL source but all of the top stories are about Cricket. Almost as if this was timed :tinfoil:

Well, you know how those private school cricket boys are. Mal probably just gave Steve-o a call and asked for a favour. A few bottles of Grange were exchanged and voila!

• Locked thread