Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"I've been out the last two days, what did I miss?"

"I've been avoiding the news for a few weeks, anything big happen?

"Been burying myself in work all day - can someone summarize?"

Hey folks, if you're like me, I'm sure you've seen posts like this in the Trump thread(and likely other threads that tend to move fast) on this forum. And I get it! I've made a few myself. Rather than continue to clog up the threads though, I figured it'd be easier to keep a thread off to the side for big news of the day type stuff that people can just catch themselves up through. Added bonus: We get to look back at what the "news of the day" was at the time of my posts(and updates from others, if people'd like to join along, but don't clog up the thread with random posts.)

Anyway, without further adieu, here's our first WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING 3/8

At the start of the day, someone replied to the last post you made and said the post was bad. A few people caught it from there and remarked on what a loving idiot you were and how stupid the post was. It didn't really gain steam until later though when someone quoted the post again and made a gif of your avatar loving a horse. In the gif, your dick is actually too tiny to gently caress the horse so the horse turns it around on you and fucks your rear end, and it gets its poo poo all over you. You're covered in poo poo in the gif and a one poster said they felt that was appropriate, "given how [you're] a walking talking piece of poo poo that won't stop stinking." Things died down for a bit and discussion began to turn to Trump and his new oafish statements, until someone pointed out how comparable Trump is to the stupidest person on the forum: you. We spent the next few hours going through your post history and we all laughed at all the dumb poo poo you said in various forums, gaming, political etc. Someone made another gif referencing the previous one, in which your poo poo-covered horse-hosed rear end in a top hat crashes straight up into the Twin Towers and it says "Bazinga." That got a lot of empty quotes, that's for sure. As far as I can remember that's about it for today, but hey, the day is young! Will update if anything else big happens.

E: UPDATE, 1:19: a poster posted this image, accompanied by the text "This is [you]"

That DICK! has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Mar 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com
https://crooked.com/newsletters/

Daily newsletters to keep you in the know despite this being a stupid thread.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You didn't miss anything because nothing matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6isICO5S82c

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
BREAKING: Jeb! is a BIG FAT MESS

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
trump ?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I was frozen In ice around August 2001 and was recently thawed out, did anything special happen?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I was frozen In ice around August 2001 and was recently thawed out, did anything special happen?

im sorry i dont understand how to :justpost: i am a simple cave man who was frozen in a crevasse

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

you phone can make a picture of you have dog ears now, that's about it

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

quote:

0: The Big Bang. Time and space are created.

10–43 seconds: Gravity separates from the three other fundamental forces (electromagnetism, and the weak and strong nuclear forces). This is the earliest time that theoretical physicists have probed so far. The strong force and electroweak forces become distinct soon after.

10–35 seconds: The universe expands, undergoing a spectacular acceleration known as inflation. This process takes tiny regions of space and blows them up into much larger volumes, ironing out any wrinkles in the process.

10–6 seconds: Particles gain mass. The electroweak forces break down into the electromagnetism and weak forces we observe today. Sub-atomic particles gain mass.

* 1 second: The first composite particles. Protons and neutrons form from a very hot soup of quarks and gluons.

3 minutes: The first elements (mostly hydrogen and helium) form. The universe expands and cools so fast that heavier elements don’t even have a chance to be created.

380,000 years: The universe’s temperature drops enough for the protons and neutrons to begin capturing electrons. Also, for the first time, light travels freely through space, and the fog of the early universe clears. This light is still detectable today as the cosmic microwave background.

30 million years: Stars first appear in the universe. Computer models suggest that the first stars may have formed at this point, along with the creation of heavy elements.

200 million years: The Milky Way forms. The Earth’s home galaxy was formed not long (well, in cosmic terms) after the first stars.

9 billion years: The Earth’s solar system forms. The disk of material left over after the formation of the Sun begins to get clumpy.

10 billion years: Life on Earth begins. The effect of harsh solar radiation and lightning on a primordial soup of organic material may have kick-started life.

11 billion years: Oxygen accumulates in the atmosphere of the Earth. The essential gas for animals to breathe appears for the first time.

13.5 billion years: Early humans evolve in Africa. Modern humans first appear on the continent and colonise the rest of the planet.

13.7 billion years: You check out this list. The origins of the universe are explained!

now everyone is caught up

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

george bush is good now

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
:matters:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ska is finally dead

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

so you know governor "jeb" bush? well, he became a Big Name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

bush blew up wtc and is good now

• Locked thread