Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

I'm just imagining turning this thing on, playing a note, and then that scene from Terminator 2 where the nuclear bomb blows Sarah Connor's incinerated flesh clean off her skeleton plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

MettleRamiel posted:

Thanks for the idea

:black101:

BRUTAL

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

I needed a gate-to-trigger converter, and rather than spend another hundred bucks on a utility module I found circuit diagrams for a passive one and built two of them into a 4HP module:

https://imgur.com/a/8gYQ4v9

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Just built myself a CEM3340 VCO on stripboard, with tri/saw/square out, PWM and linear FM input! It took some troubleshooting and a rebuild to get right, but it's done and it sounds *awesome* now. :D

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Another stripboard project done: The MS-20 LP/HP filter from LOOKMUMNOCOMPUTER, stuck behind another Atomic Ray Creations panel. I call it SQUAMOUS. It's a bit janky but it screams and squeals like an MS-20 should. :D

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

petit choux posted:

Squamous? Does it have Ligma?

JK now I need to look up what that filter is like to build.

It's all right here: https://www.lookmumnocomputer.com/simple-filter

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Built myself a quad lowpass gate for that good ol' Buchla sound. It works great and it's the first time I've designed my own board from a circuit diagram rather than going from somebody else's stripboard layout!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Built myself a dual joystick module, out of Arduino thumbsticks at my local electronics shop. By default they transmit 0-5v on both the X and Y axes, which through my O/A/x2 I have offset to -2.5v/+2.5v.

The joysticks have switches built in, but they need a pull-up resistor and they go from *on to off*, so I'd need a way to invert that. Might be a project for the future, along with building in CV amplification, offset and attenuation. For now, though, they're super fun little performance tools! :)

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

I built the Safety Valve from LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER, with a few modifications and additions (using a TL072 opamp instead of a TL071, added an LED that reacts to incoming audio), and recorded a demo of the output too! It's right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfFzO0EFzCo

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

that kicks rear end, sounds great! Valvecasters are a lot of fun. Fond memories of building them for guitars when I started in pedals. V cool to see them for synth! Might have to build one myself!

Did you use the resistor/cap values in the schematic or play around with em?

Also around 1:10, are you playing an actual bass guitar there or using some synth wizardry? Either way, great work!

I stuck with the values in the schematic, other than I didn't have a 27 ohm resistor for the heater element and used a 22 ohm instead. And used a film capacitor instead of ceramic for the cap across two of the tube pins since I didn't have any ceramics of that value.

I also accidentally wired all the potentiometers backwards :downs:

Everything before the BOC-style pads from Rings comes from the 4MS DIY Sampler's included samples, so that was just a bass guitar sample. But gently caress does it sound good through that :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Built myself the Twin-T kick drum as described here: https://soundbender36.wordpress.com/2021/01/24/25-bis-synthetiseur-modulaire-diy-twin-t-kick-drum/

It's a great little project and it sounds awesome, and for once I got it working on the first try. :dance: