Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

Splatmaster posted:

sorry, 1. should really have been "be hungry for ham" because to be honest if you're a Muslim, or Jewish, or vegetarian, or if the movie "Babe" is the bedrock of your belief system or if you're not hungry then maybe the Eat a Ham Challenge isn't right for you.

tfw you want to steal the ham but you don't eat ham but you still wanna steal the ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
i'm writing a heist novel about stealing hams called The Ham Job, but everyone keeps laughing at the title and won't tell me why.

Manifisto

steal the ham from like a tire warehouse store or a jewelry shop or something. they won't suspect because they don't even carry hams.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

BrownianMotion posted:

Just imagine it, a ham so big, it's bigger than your head! Coated in honey, and then baked. And best of all, it's free. Can you dream my dream, can you see it? Asking for a friend.

I'm imagining it. I'm imagining more than it. I'm imagining a honey ham so big that you steal away inside of it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Jolo posted:

Chamce Encounters

I was there to steal a ham, just like a hundred times before. On this day cupid had other plans. As I bent down to pick up the ham, my head collided with a lovely woman who was bending down to pick up the same ham. As I helped her up off the floor, we exchanged names and friendly smiles. After talking for a bit, it turned out we had a lot in common. Both of us loved ham, and one of us loved not paying for it. A romance ham was gently placed inside a loven that day. It's been a little over a year since then and we're still together. As fate would have it, we've got a little Ham on the way. We've decided to name it Hamilton if it's a boy, and Hamily if it's a girl. To those that say that meet cutes only happen in the movies, I say bologna! Meat cutes can happen when you least expect them.

:perfect:

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I'm thinking this is true for most of these methods.

It was partially a Link's Awakening joke :saddowns:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

cda

by Hand Knit

treasure bear posted:

just the one ham? i would take *imagines biggest number of hams i can imagine* ..5 ham

FluffieDuckie

Manifisto posted:

steal the ham from like a tire warehouse store or a jewelry shop or something. they won't suspect because they don't even carry hams.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

the unabonger

cda posted:

very carefully.

the unabonger
stealing hams is all about sleight of hand, first you *waves hands back and forth quickly*, then you *pulls out the ham i just stole from you*

the unabonger
little known fact: the ocean's trilogy is actually about stealing hams... all the heists are just a misdirect

bird.

i flunked out posted:

stealing hams is all about sleight of hand, first you *waves hands back and forth quickly*, then you *pulls out the ham i just stole from you*

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
*runs into thread out of breath*

s-sleight....*gasp* sleight of ham *collapses*

cda

by Hand Knit

Starman Super DX posted:

*runs into thread out of breath*

s-sleight....*gasp* sleight of ham *collapses*

Twenty Four

canyoneer posted:

i'm writing a heist novel about stealing hams called The Ham Job, but everyone keeps laughing at the title and won't tell me why.

FluffieDuckie

i flunked out posted:

alnilam

Well Skinner, you're an odd fellow, but I must say, you steal a good ham

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
It's been called shoplifting since way back when
If you get caught they never want to see you again
I just want you to know, if it's canned meat you need
You just steal a ham, open the can and feed!

You just... steal a ham! Don't lose the key,
Steal a ham! Steal one with me!
We could have some fun, and steal a ham!

I looked at that ham nearly every day
I wanted it so bad but didn't want to pay
Then a sale came, buy one get one free (get one free)
If I steal a ham then the store bought one for me!

I'll just- steal a ham! Cut the price in half
Steal a ham, 'cause it makes me laugh!
I'm just having fun, and I'll steal a ham!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

take the moon

by sebmojo
op implying i would steal ham. that would make me some kind of ham..,burglar

once you're a hamburglar you're wearing a costume and the people that try to stop you will wear costumes and it'll be a negative feedback loop until supermarkets are deathly battlezones with customers dodging energy blasts all over the place

----------------

vanisher

I'm an officer of the law and I must commandeer this ham

vanisher

Tom Hanks runs into a store breathless: this ham has been kiting checks all across the country.

Store owner: but its about to marry my daughter and is a partner in my law firm

vanisher

Just eat it in the store, they are already cooked. Bring a folding table and chairs, your family, a nice wine that has a touch of sweetness to pair with the honey in the ham. Like a riesling, grenache, rosé, etc.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Manifisto posted:

You could maybe do this around Thanksgiving or Christmas time in the US, when many businesses do token handouts to employees with various foodstuffs, but that would make you an rear end in a top hat Grinch (A BAD THING) as opposed to a plain old shoplifter.

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

Before you head to the store, get a stiff piece of wire (for example, a coat-hanger), and bend it so that one end loops over your wrist, and the other has a big opening that could easily accomodate a baked ham in a a store.

Once you're in the store, in the ham department, whip out your ham-holder, and put one of the nicest hams into the ham-loop.

Now, you can casually exit the store, holding your ham aloft as though it were a free balloon that was being given out by the in-store bank branch. (Did I mention that the store should have an in-store bank branch that is having a big promotion that involves free balloons? Because it should).

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

spectres of autism posted:

op implying i would steal ham. that would make me some kind of ham..,burglar

once you're a hamburglar you're wearing a costume and the people that try to stop you will wear costumes and it'll be a negative feedback loop until supermarkets are deathly battlezones with customers dodging energy blasts all over the place

stranger at party: "so, what sort of work do you do?"
me: "i'm a hamburglar"
stranger: "haha, like at mcdonalds! stealing hamburgers, ha ha ha!"
me: *exasperated sigh, looks at camera*

Matoi Ryuko

I could easily just grab it and run out at 2 am or whatevr

Twenty Four

You could go the safety in numbers herd animal approach and have dozens of your friends go with you and everyone grabs a ham.

Sure they might be able to catch one of you, but, everyone else gets out with a free ham!

Scroon

Work hard for years in the ham industry until you land a position of sufficient responsibility such that you can embezzle hams to your heart's content

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
-=(BREAKING NEWS)=-

Lowtax posted:

very

carefully

Twenty Four

Twenty Four posted:

You could go the safety in numbers herd animal approach and have dozens of your friends go with you and everyone grabs a ham.

Sure they might be able to catch one of you, but, everyone else gets out with a free ham!

As narrated by David Attenborough:

"Much like a flock of birds or herd of water buffalo, Ham Stealers prefer safety in numbers, and stick together for safety. During ham season, a single Ham Stealer would not succeed on their own, but as a group, they have their best chances of survival. Gathering at a supermarket around the deli, each one eyes up a ham, selecting their prospective bounty based on both weight and price. Once they have made their selection, they know based on countless years of instinct, that it is time to migrate."

"As the first Ham Stealer makes their way towards the exit, the others follow, picking up pace as they go and forming a stampede. The Cashiers notice, and the noble Alpha Manager swings in to lead the hunt. As the herd comes to a corner on aisle six, one unfortunate dad Ham Stealer loses his way and veers off to the pharmacy, forgetting what his wife sent him to the store for. Unfortunately, his journey ends here."

"Upon nearing the exit, most of the Ham Stealers make their way to the parking lot and safety. However one small ham hungry child is not so lucky, barely able to carry her ham on her own, she stumbles. As the Alpha Manager swoops down and catches her, she makes an unfortunate sacrifice for the good of the herd."

"Thus is the way of these noble beasts, ham season after ham season. Once again, the circle of ham continues."

Beet Wagon

The trick is to do it little by little so they don't notice. Like Johnny Cash in his autobiographical poem 'Once Piece At A Time' I will get a job at the ham factory, each day taking a single small part of a whole ham out in my lunch box and painstakingly reassembling it in my garage

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I bet if you went in with a hollow metal cane you could stab at a opened up canned ham so that you end up with a canned ham tube inside your cane that you could walk out with with it all and force out the ham like a meat push pop

Beet Wagon

Splatmaster posted:

I bet if you went in with a hollow metal cane you could stab at a opened up canned ham so that you end up with a canned ham tube inside your cane that you could walk out with with it all and force out the ham like a meat push pop

if you added some kind of gentle suction you could be some kind of cybernetic canned ham vampire, which is a thing I desperately want to be now

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Beet Wagon posted:

if you added some kind of gentle suction you could be some kind of cybernetic canned ham vampire, which is a thing I desperately want to be now

oh man oh man oh man

ROBOT MADE OF MEAT WE NEED A TRIP REPORT STAT (please)

Scroon

Guys what if we stole an unbaked ham and then just baked it ourselves later

Or steal a baker and supply him with ham to bake for us

Manifisto

sobbing quietly as I examine the box of cough drops I just shoplifted, I whisper "I hereby declare you . . . a baked ham"

redm

"what's that? ... no, I came in with this."

sig by Manifisto

cda

by Hand Knit

Beet Wagon posted:

The trick is to do it little by little so they don't notice. Like Johnny Cash in his autobiographical poem 'Once Piece At A Time' I will get a job at the ham factory, each day taking a single small part of a whole ham out in my lunch box and painstakingly reassembling it in my garage

thaTS how the first hot dog was made

----------------

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Beet Wagon posted:

*bursts into thread out of breath* h- hhh- hamkenstein. Dammit, I messed it up.

edit: Count Hamcula

edit2: vhampire, hampire? hampire sounds like a ham empire, when we started we just had 1 pig and look at us now son, a veritable hampire

Jolo fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 19, 2018

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

bumpty bump

let's goldmine this before it falls off the front page again

• Locked thread