Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Can you afford an arm that gets the mic real close to your face? Like what you see singers/radio presenters doing? Getting it closer and cutting down on gain will improve sound quality a lot, and get rid of a lot of background/keyboard noise. From there, you can boost input a bit, and if you use discord, your friends can set your individual volume high. From there you could get a decent, lower end condenser like a gomic or similar.

Alternatively, I think the modmic is really good, and attaches to your headphones for the same effect. You have to tie the cable to your headphone cable though.

In my opinion, if money is tight, and sound quality is important to you, set a little aside and get something nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Does it pick it up with the mic on the side? If you put a cloth between the microphone and your mouth to simulate a windsock, does that make it better? If it does, you could try find a pop filter and proper sock that fits your current setup? Sorry I can't be more help, this is about the end of my knowledge. Would your doctors will know of a good method, or they can ask their other patients?

• Locked thread