Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
A number of shows that I'm interested in on that list. I'm a little worried about the adaptation of Golden Kamuy since I really love the comic and think that it would be easy to mess it up. Still checking it out though. am also a sucker for action-y period pieces. Either way, it seems like a sold selection for people to pick and choose from. And, though I finally have a full time job in my field now, I'll probably have more time than I use to to watch stuff since I had to move to an isolated area for it. I suspect weekends will probably be a bit freer than they use to be for non-work/academic related activities.

Unrelated to that, I'm also quite happy about Hozuki Season 2 returning. Not spoken of a lot here, but I've enjoyed it quite a bit and have found it to be relaxing to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

yeah I like Hozuki but it ending up on hidive (?) made it a pain for me to keep up with so I haven't followed the 2nd season like I wanted to.

Fair enough. It's definitely annoying to maintain multiple sub services, especially if there are only a few shows on it you care about.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Enjoyed Megalobox but I want to see a bit more before I decide if I'll follow along or if I'll wait for it to finish first and then watch in one go. Either way, I think it looks really slick, had good music and definitely think that the show had a promising start.

Also not quite sure what I think of Magical Girl Ore yet. Watched it with a friend and found some of the gags to be solid, but it feels like a concept that may get old fast. I may give it a few more episodes before deciding to stick with it or not though. Generally I think first episodes are tough to execute well.

And yeah, I'd agree that overly qualifying stuff you like, or undercutting your own praise by saying "I like X but it's bad," is really silly (though it's easy to do. I know I'm guilty of it at times). If you're worried about getting into arguments, or even about flying off the rails to gush/post about a thing you like, just remember you can just post and don't worry about it! It's just the web after all. Besides, being positive about stuff you like, and unabashedly so, is often less tiring and can lead to more engaging chats/opportunities for long, tangent-y posts!

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Megalobox is still looking pretty darn good. Hope it can keep it up! Hinamatsuri, though, may be my favorite show so far though. It does a good job of catching the feel of the comic and I think Nitta's VA is a really nice fit.

I can't help but feel that You Don't Know Gunma Yet would be better served by being longer. Maybe 7 or 12 minutes? Still, though, it's amusing and doesn't take that long to watch.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
It hasn't been many episodes, but I haven't been too keen on Golden Kamuy - which is a shame since I really like the comic. Something about the animation just doesn't do it for me and I've found it to be a bit distracting, for lack of a better term. Hinamatsuri continues to be good though and the shorts I've been watching have been amusing too. And, thus far, Megalobox continues to be good too, so I'm hoping that continues to keep up steam.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wonder if the anime is going to cover Hitomi's military training in America

I think they might. It's before the time skip and they seem like they'll be making good progress, if the current pace is any indicator. It'll still miss out on a lot of really good stuff, but maybe it'll get a second season!

Also, I still don't understand why they call it Ninja Girl and Samurai Master on Crunchyroll, but that's neither here nor there. Anyways, after hearing some people talk about the show, it seems like it's a bit more complex than I first thought. Debating whether I should give it a shot or not. I'm a sucker for period pieces of all sorts and, since it's a short, it'd be easy enough to make time for it.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

This is a really silly show and is a good length for the types of gags it goes for.

After hearing a bit more about it, I may check out Nobunaga then. While I'm not super into the Sengoku Jidai, the period is interesting enough and the fact that Nobunaga isn't just the baddie, as is often the case, makes it stand out a bit.

Finally, I'm checking out on Magical Girl Ore. Despite my friend wanting to stick it out, the show's really not doing much for me, though that isn't too much of a surprise to me.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
I think the execution of Hinamatsuri is good enough that it warrants a watch even if you're caught up with the comic. I know I am and have been enjoying it quite a bit. That said, if you don't have time/don't like juggling multiple shows at once, it could be something to consider waiting on. After all, it's been good so far but it could fall apart towards the end.

Waffleman_ posted:

That's Netflix subtitles for you!

Does netflix actually do the subtitling its shows/movies though?

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
I've been watching Hinamatsuri, Megalobox and will probably squeeze in Lupin. Also watching Tiramisu and You Don't Know Gunma Yet. Not sure which surprised me the most yet, but both Hinamatsuri and Megalobox have been really good.

I'm going to wait on Golden Kamuy and maybe check back in later. Not super into the adaptation thus far though - which is a bummer. I like the voice actors though, especially Sugimoto and Asirpa.

Although, if I'm honest, I'm shocked at just how well of an adaptation Hinamatsuri actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
While I like superhero stuff (albeit not as much as some folks) the MHA show has been surprisingly high quality for its run. And the dub and sub are both really good in my opinion!

Also, I think I've decided that You Don't Know Gunma Yet would probably be better if it were longer. Not full length episodes, but maybe 7 or 10ish? As it stands the episodes are a bit too condensed.

• Locked thread