Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im gonna watch

- Golden Kamuy
- My Hero Academia - Season 3

i might watch persona 5 the animation but proooobably not

smenj posted:

For those interested - looks like Crunchyroll has just added a Mob Psycho OVA to their library. It's an hour long!
also!
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/975386661050658817

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's telling the story of the first season told from reigen's perspective i think? i have yet to watch it.

and hey, reigen is the best so that sounds good even if it's a clip show

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think Mob Psycho 100 is one of the best animes of 2016. It's a goofy, heartfelt action story about self improvement, about how failure is only temporary, and how you can't ever go wrong if you be the kindest and supportive You possible. I personally think it's the more sincere and meaningful of ONE's work and I think Studio Bones did an absolutely unreal job of animating it near flawlessly, getting a lot of young creative talent involved for a lot of different styles, while still being a mirror to the source material.

If you didn't like it tho, that's fair, but it's one of those You Need To Try This shows for me tbh. I was already considering rewatching it, but now I'll wait

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 18, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

kater posted:

I liked it a lot but drat that show was perfectly self-contained and there's no way they can runback what made the ending setup so loving good.
If it helps, the manga ending is really cute and heartwarming. It was a great end to a series that I still wanted more of.

I dunno if they can do the second half of the manga in another 12 episodes, mostly because it's been so long since I read them, but they surprised with the first season being decently paced, and Season 2 looks to have the same staff as Season 1 so I Believe

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I forgot what Megalobox was, and yeah that trailer is cool. idc about boxing tho but i'll watch the first episode

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love the blond person with the himecut

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

chiasaur11 posted:

That's Prince Cnut, later known as Cnut the Great!

Real interesting character arc there, going to say that in advance.
They're gonna give me a great cnut yfm?

They seem cool I'll watch Vinland Saga

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
studio NUT

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im trying to remember when utena didn't look good and i got nothing

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

Strix means reused footage and the cut-matchcut sequences of characters talking that went on for like seven minutes straight, not that the show ever went off model.
yeah i guess, but idk i think that stuff is still fun. repeated footage like miki's stopwatch, or Here's The Same Shot Of The Student Council But A Railroad Crossing Is Blaring This Time adds a lot, even if it isn't the most exciting. 絶対運命黙示録! 絶対運命黙示録!

StrixNebulosa posted:

You are correct, but there are also some impressively bad shots in it here and there.

Also keep in mind that I say this with all love, I recently put all of my anime in a MAL list and gave Utena a 10.
touga always looks good imo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i legit love that texture.

that owns

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
utterly Lynchian

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
listen to the sounds

it is in

our house now

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Failed productions are absolutely no laughing matter, and I wish the absolute best to the people involved with this, but I legit think what they've made here rules and looks Cool and Different.

I still wish they could have made their intended vision though

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
having large amounts of wealth is inherently unethical and we should murder rich people imo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you have my bat and gas mask

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im reading the golden kamui manga right now so hopefully that

here's a new pv!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5olutLS6mdo

i'd watch it just to hear how this announcer says Golden Kamui

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the power of ghosting is real

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love to love

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im thirsty for ignis with his hair down

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's really hosed up that they hide this from you

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Everything Burrito posted:

:ohdear:

I actually had to stop playing when the plot got all heavy because it was making me feel so bad for him so I never have finished the game, but will probably go back to it once I'm tired of monhun. I got botw right around that time too and it consumed all my gaming time so it's about time to head back to my boys.
I'm playing it for the first time and Prompto keeps taking gay photos of Iggy and Noctis together and I love it but also I feel Ignis deserves someone who he doesn't have to Mom constantly

It's a good game

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just wish he had said what the spoilers were even for

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nate RFB posted:

March comes in like a Lion ended, with no additional seasons known to be happening for the foreseeable future. It was an outstanding finale to an outstanding season, and in most respects is a better place to wrap things up (for now) than where we left off in S1. Beautiful and heartfelt, but also somehow small and personal in its scale. I can't recommend it enough.

I do hope we get a S3 in the future because boy howdy are there Some Arcs in store. OK mostly just one in particular, but it's a doozy.
They waited a bit after S1 ended before announcing S2 so I fully believe it'll happen. Apparently the manga still does super well too and I can't believe that hasn't got licensed yet im so mad.

I lost track of when it was over due to the Olympic hiatus and them airing the finale as a double feature, but since I got bored of Magus Bride I'll def jump on Season 2 this week, I'm so loving excited

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
jojo fans are the worst people imaginable

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
anyone in this thread smoke weed

e: lol thought we were in the chat thread

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Wark Say posted:

On occasion. Not too often because with me, one of the unfortunate side effects of certain types of weed is that they make me hella hungry. Like, eat 2 delicious, family-sized pizzas by my lonesome hungry.
this is why weed is cool snack city baybee

Cake Attack posted:

this and the chat thread are Christian threads thank you very much
bummer

you guys should try weed

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
younger toguro lookin rear end

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i should watch it before the video game comes out

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
is fujiko doing a bong rip canon? that's the only lupin i've seen

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Knorth posted:

That was a fun movie. Also please consider watching the Fujiko show, it's very good and she's the best
i will try and do this. i love fujiko. and goemon

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Now I wanna watch Galko again.

Please.... teach me, Galko

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Megalobox is really cool, and I need to see more of it to pass My Divine Judgement. will watch Episode 2.

I got bored of Magus Bride halfway through despite being really hot on it at the start and I have no interest in going back really so I started Season 2 of March Lion and I love it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the new LoGH is fine, but it's great because it made me want to rewatch old LoGH so im gonna watch My Conquest Is A Sea of Stars and then do that

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If you want to watch the new LoGH, I'd reccomend reading the novels, as they are almost the anime beat for beat, but a little bit gayer between reinhard and kircheis because we have an all knowing narrator that will tell us that reinhard loves playing with kircheis hair and how they'll tease each other

so that's good

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 7, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
stop it

get some help

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
thank you for freeing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I watched the last MHA season all at once and I very much recommend it. probably gonna do it for this one too, but this is the first season where I haven't read any of the manga for it.

I hope the manga is still good and people are enjoying it

• Locked thread