Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
can you assign the spaceflower siren to Tachibanakan Triangle (Love to Lie Angle). thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXOLdO60xdU

why get ABe to do character designs if you're gonna choke what little of his style was in them to begin with :thunk:

as a lifetime ABe fan i like that though the style seems separate from him at first, it becomes instantly recognizable in the characters' expressions, especially the dark-haired girl. i'm interested.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/975703637098872832

w-woah, anime

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm glad they made a show where the futami twins lead a bunch of b-list idols to glory

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/975657975275700224

NOW we are talkin

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thanks miles

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
that hurts to hear, it's been a fun show so far with a lot of legit heartwarming moments and an isekai-lite with a female protag and yuri elements is interesting to a lot of people. on top of that it sucks huge to see this get dragged through the mud when it should be a work of posthumous honor for Tomohiro Matsu.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I'm seeing the ep and well. Its as grim as it sounds. there's no sense of perspective so sometimes a girl just looks like she shrank while another in the shot looks huge. everyone's always off model. most of the animation is like, 5fps because there's just no in-between shots to smooth it out.

nice n64-texture audience here, also

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
on the plus side one of the american girls uses 'Stardust Wars' as her fairy tale and her glowing sword makes the lightsaber sounds

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://my.mixtape.moe/exjzjz.webm

lol. look at this fool though

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

GorfZaplen posted:

At the same time I feel terrible for the people working on it because it must be utterly miserable to be a professional forced to put out content like that because of whatever the hell is going on

yeah, i said this when it aired what, three weeks ago? but there was only one animation director credited for the last episode, and on their twitter they were like "yeah i didnt handle many cuts this episode, where is everyone else? did they all quit? i guess this is my solo directorial debut..."

and that episode had like, a few genuinely good cuts and the action flowed well. you could tell some people were still trying their best despite everything falling apart around them. this one does not have that.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah thanks and all but i'm not exactly thrilled by the HAHA WHAT A TRAINWRECK tour. a lot of people tried their hardest to bring these characters to life and move viewers, to the point of unhealthy exhaustion. the situation sucks rear end and i wish i could do something tangible for these people because shows like this are my livelihood.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Fangz posted:

I'm just coming out of a conversation with a friend who is putting comic sans on a business card for a client because she hates the client. And that's being paid. The amount of pride artists feel in doing good work for arseholes is rather low.

jesus christ. this isn't equivalent at all. they're not doing a lovely business card for some gently caress in a suit. they're trying to help breath life into the story dreamed up on the figurative deathbed of a fellow artist and peer of theirs who worked as a scriptwriter on various anime, who wrote stories they loved, and who spent two decades staffing at comiket, a convention dedicated to art for the sake of art, not profit. they're dealing with characters they've grown attached to and empathized with. they have peers they want to support and guide.

here's one of the staff wishing a happy birthday to airi ootsu, a seiyuu who plays the girl in the middle here.

https://twitter.com/yamagata0725/status/975960632049594369

doesn't look like they want to disown their work, to me

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
oh pardon, up there was the artist doing the manga adaptation, i mixed them up. here's an animator who did valentine's day art of the main chars

https://twitter.com/AbSm_r/status/963437134458773504

their latest tweet is them saying they want to be like the chibi girls in the new game s2 ed

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
animator tweeting: ( ・̀ω・́ )✧

fangz: maybe it's a throwing star they're gonna use to kill their boss which will solve the problems of the anime industry

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

You'll get your wish... season 2 of that recent Masamune Shirow anime

Good, I need a reason to watch it anyway

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

A woman on twitter really loved it which means its woke, now you're free to watch the cat maid robot show

That’s great that’s definitely the confirmation I needed. Can you find a lady who’s going to watch Alice or Alice next season

Blhue posted:

it was kind of boring when it wasn't being thirsty honestly

Yea I’ve never heard anything else about it

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

Riko Korie (梱枝 りこ Korie Riko, born February 2[1] in Tokyo, Japan[2]) is a female Japanese illustrator, and is one of the members of Kero Q and Makura.

Hmmm, touché

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

:shittypop:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
also in good things happen: etotama, frame arms girl sequels announced

also the anime adaptation of yu-no intends to cover all the routes. now i'm interested. (also the director said the jokes would be even dirtier)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
we'll see soon but the style is a bit reminiscent of doga koba which would be powerful....

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
shounen ai was an actual genre descriptor about BL with schoolboys, it's when western anime fandom made 'shoujo ai' to contrast it that things got strange.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
and she's a literal cake eater who just goes 'who give a gently caress? tryna eat cake here'

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Xelkelvos posted:

Also remember that the whole rivalry as shown was a ruse.

ive seen the fanart yeah

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i saw his tweet about there being a pantyshots resistance that was trying to get stuff past him for a bit, yeah.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
in versions of konosuba before the anime, aqua has panties, yes. and in this interview with the character designer for the anime who also handled animation direction on half the series, they talk about how stuff like how darkness's breasts just kind of. grew, and grew. and he admits to being responsible for the bouncy no-bra animation throughout the series. or how he just happened to be responsible for the succubus episode and the scene where darkness scrubs kazuma's back.

it's not mentioned, but i imagine aqua's situation was the result of similar, mm, happenstance.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i love the part where he talks about his goals for season 2 and megumin's cuteness/consistency because i was totally on the lookout when s2 aired and well. the cuteness factor was 10/10. good job, kikuta.

double tangent: sakugabooru credits this guy for the henshin dances in madoka magica rebellion story. what a legend

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

i'm lesbian and butts are ftw. you will never move me on this position and i'll never back donw

wow, the keijo champ

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nephthys posted:

Yeah I was more commenting on how like 70% of anime try and sneak that poo poo in and how odd it is that that specific trope is so common that people find it notable and refreshing when an anime doesn't have it. Like a director actually having to fight his own staff to stop them from slipping pantyshots into an anime (about 16 year old girls) really speaks of how expected its become.

i'm crunching the numbers and no.

in fact i think you'd be hard-pressed to find any series from last season that has a 'fanservice' pantyshot. slow start has panties when the girls are having extended conversations about panties because they're gay. fate extra has panties because nero just shows them to everyone. citrus has underwear because it's a show about thirsty lesbians and they're gay.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i expected more when you asked for "the eternally 17 idol's name"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

i downloaded smartphone isekai after finishing death march today. there might be no hope left for me

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
lostorage conflated wixoss is a lot of talking about the previous season but it feels like its conjuring up some of the original series' oppressive atmosphere, and it's nice to see the girls form a mystery team again, compared to how the last season had way more solo, introspective focus on chars. and the ending theme has tama doing martial arts and she's really feeling it. BATORU

ep 1 is also literally the 'Missing Link' OVA from last winter, so if anyone was wondering if they need to watch that: you don't

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Largepotato posted:

This is credited in the voice cast of Magical Girl Site.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=54491

Also listed on the official site too.

she's playing one of the site admins, yeah

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
betting it all on uh *reading scribbles on palm* kenkou cross

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
no one looks nearly as cute in hagane and i don't have a davboner for short shows until i get around to watching teekyuu.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

I can't find the page in question but it's an omake thing where the redhead goes like "I won't buy doujins with guro, rape or reversal (switching according to TL note)" and uh, it's extremely weird to compare normal and common gay sexual dynamics to guro and rape just imo

*looks into the camera and makes a face like Jim from the office*

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
having the same character designer and sharing many of the same key animators and animation directors is a decent basis for, "hey, i liked pripri's style and action, maybe i'll see more of that in gungale online"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i love kuroboshi kouhaku and their big-forehead girls and that geometric fixation they have on round shapes like petals and butterfly wings. ggo reprises princess principal's chief animation director, the person basically in charge of making sure the character animation maintains a consistent style throughout the show. that's reason enough for me, and the show has certainly not let me down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
besides, the best part of pripri's action was swordplay, sure, but also it was the tiny girl trouncing the dudes twice her size like they were cannon fodder, which is still consistent here after switching out one weapon for the other

• Locked thread