Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Promoting your upcomimg favorite anime is something I respect. This thread is a collaborative effort to promote whichever anime the posters believe is a good recommendation. Honor the request Julias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Julias posted:

Anyways enough here people have expressed interest in it and Gorf made several good points in his post. I'll give megalobox the siren. Aikatsu too.

Thank you, Julias, I really appreciate it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Ah, rip naota.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

chiasaur11 posted:

What they say in the Japanese version, anyway?

I do not know. I was just commenting on the lack of naota.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

I hope he's not in it at all

Good money's on some sort of cameo

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Fangz posted:

This is bullshit. Artists do not and should not feel pride in their own exploitation. The whole argument that artists would be invested in work for the profit of others due to the love of art is cynical nonsense, and lies behind how the industry is a soul sucking machine that chews people up and leaves only burned out husks. Every artists knows of the lovely client. You owe the lovely client nothing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Its OK for artists to be over invested in their work, it's not cynical garbage, it's their business what they do with their time.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Eela6 posted:

You start out in 1997 saying "horny, horny, horny". But by 2015 that hurts you, backfires. So you start talking about thirst, best girl, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract.

Messed up ref but I love it :greenangel:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Agronox posted:

That is an unusual reference but I appreciate it.

*edits your post to go after mine*

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

anyone in this thread smoke weed

e: lol thought we were in the chat thread

Lol

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

DisDisDis posted:

What kind of messed up thing did Cant expect from me and what does that say about his opinion of me as a person

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

thats pretty good. now do toriko

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

You did great!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

eonwe posted:

You guys are awesome.

Also I'm going to A-Kon and :siren: my girlfriend :siren: and I are doing Pop Team Epic cosplays

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Welcome eonwe :devil:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Motto posted:

the boring genre proves itself untrustworthy yet again

The quality of your posts needs to improve across the board, motto.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Beato Believer posted:

I didn't glean anything from the conversation, except that something happened in the manga that someone didn't like. I didn't know if it was a character dying, the teacher drowning the lot of them, the cats mutating into Space Zebras, or what. Now I know it involves a 10 year old boy. I didn't want to know.

You might have thought it was easily gleanable because you already knew what it was. I could be wrong about that.

I know I'm a lot more spoiler adverse then most folks around here are. If it were just one or two people who do it, I could just blacklist them (and then only worry about quotes by others). But it's not just one or two.

It would be foolish of me to think I can change anyone else's behavior; I can only change my own. I guess the behavior I can change is reading ADTRW.

Sayonara.

Betcha Beato believer skipped titanic

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Tarranon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Ae-LhMIG0

reminds me of this song...”ive been waiting on you (to stop talking about the boy in the anime seasons thread), oh I’ve been waiting on you”

drat it it's that song again. I don't know how this song got on my phone but I love it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Julias posted:

Seriously, can you please stop spamming off topic poo poo here and take it to the chat thread? Thank you.

I told you to leave him alone

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

How's anyone supposed to hash it out with dis if he's on probation? It's better if he posts instead of being blocked from posting because he was too annoying or whatever.

Adtrw is for expression and discussion and I'll destroy anyone trying to shut down dis's right to discuss the topics he chooses to discuss.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

why is the guy who posts random off-topic tweets and a diagram of where a guy would have babies if he was pregnant the one getting mod protected while the guy who goes 'hey, can you knock that off' getting owned by god

like i post weird poo poo and off topic poo poo too so i dont even care but its a weird place to decide to take a side, op

Maybe he's going through a rough patch and you and all the other posters should maybe give it a rest, thanks a bunch everyone.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

DisDisDis posted:

I generally agree with you on offtopic discussion and posters etc. I immediately complied with Julias' request and then people continued to trickle in for pages making/quoting weak owns and complaining about my posting. Which is totally fine by me but kind of funny when people's initial complaint was off topic posting. Motto was making these weird passive aggressive posts about me in the shoujo thread before I posted in here and I assume he has some separate issue with me. I wish he'd just come out with it instead of doing this though.
I have no problem not calling Franxx bad without any other substance in the future.

I know why Matoi thinks this and it's totally on me but I'm actually doing great rn. Don't want any special consideration on probing me if I break the rules.

I will shake the special considerarion etch-a-sketch, clean slate, thanks for making this post dis, I appreciate it, and I think a lot of others appreciate it too.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

so what rules am i allowed to break if im going through a rough patch because ill be sure to time my exhentai links to sync up with my mental breaks

if someone's posting gets to the point that it makes multiple people legitimately uncomfortable then thats bad, imo

Whichever rules you like, endorph.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Coaaab posted:

sorry we had to leave all the other shithole nations of this world to form our own, better one :fsmug:

is this like a joke about american exceptionalism or something i don't get it, and now everyone's pissed off

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Let's all just take it....easy....!!:sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Baby don't hurt me

• Locked thread