Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I am excited for Amanchu and Hinamatsuri.

I probably should also be excited for Wotaku but I forget where I left off in the manga and probably should just catch up with that instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wait, is that new? Or is that the end result of the anime announcement from a while back?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
With all due respect to Colors, this is the one I really wanted to see adapted.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
March comes in like a Lion ended, with no additional seasons known to be happening for the foreseeable future. It was an outstanding finale to an outstanding season, and in most respects is a better place to wrap things up (for now) than where we left off in S1. Beautiful and heartfelt, but also somehow small and personal in its scale. I can't recommend it enough.

I do hope we get a S3 in the future because boy howdy are there Some Arcs in store. OK mostly just one in particular, but it's a doozy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Steins;Gate 0 the VN is fine but just comes across as ultimately superfluous/unnecessary. Okabe's "new" arc is interesting in of itself but it it's compromised simply by the fact that you know how it ends in the original and none of what they do with the rest of the cast is enough to fill out the rest of the story, so it feels like it's spinning its wheels for much of it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The octopus episode of Amanchu just felt really off to me for whatever reason, but this latest one was right in its wheelhouse.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I did not watch Evergarden, did it turn out bad?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Spiritus Nox posted:

So there's this small 10ish year old girl named Kokoro who starts hanging out with Pikari and making Teko jealous. This jealousy is ultimately resolved when it comes out that Kokoro is actually a feminine-looking little boy who is in fact in love with Pikari. This resolves Teko's jealousy because Kokoro being a boy means that his love for Pikari is, obviously, different from her own, and thus she resolves to help the 10-year-old hook up with Pikari so he can be a big strong sea man and protect her like he's always wanted to. Pikari is very smitten by all of this.

I found this all to be pretty eyeroll-inducing even aside from the character involved being like 10.
I've generally liked the episodes so far...minus everything to do with that character, so I guess that checks out in the end.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Planet Wish manga has had a pretty strong start and is the first Mizukami work to get adapted, so I'll be looking forward to that at least. Not much else stands out though!

However I knew I recognized Mirai no Mirai and sure enough that's the next Mamoru Hosoda movie :toot:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Expect My Mom posted:

i've gotten back into reading one piece and it's absolutely a shonen where im there not for battles or for fight choreography but for emotional beats like this

so read one piece i guess is what im saying
One Piece is still very very good but I'd be lying if I said I was nearly as into it now as I was around the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc. Man, was that a special arc to get through. But that's sort of inevitable I suppose when you have something run as long as OP has.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Expect My Mom posted:

that's interesting! i'm making my way through Enies Lobby right now and while I love it, nothing really feels that Oda has peaked here. Maybe it's I always heard "You Gotta Get To Water 7, The True One Piece Starts There" or that I still have 500 chapters to go, but I'm just as excited to keep going and finish this arc and see whats next

It says a lot about One Piece I feel that I didn't really care about them attacking the Sea Train but the second Franky's backstory started wherein zero big fights happen, I read like two volumes in an hour
Enies Lobby and Arabasta are what I feel are pretty commonly considered the best overall arcs in OP. That's sure to invite plenty of disagreement and I am not saying the rest are bad, but those two will always be peak OP for me.

Personally (and this is reaching deep into the well since I'm going back nearly 15 years when I first read/watched it) I remember thinking OP pretty much "started" w/ Arlong Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Did the name of Part 5 get changed at some point? I thought it was Vento something; I assume Golden Wind is a translation of it.

• Locked thread