Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

gmq posted:

I don't understand the hype for Mob Psycho, it was good but... not that good? Maybe I'm missing something.

I felt the same way, but from what I can tell it gains a lot if you've read the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
If you don’t siren my anime I swear to god I will loving riot

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

AnoHito posted:

Garish Number was the real documentary, Shirobako was a pack of lies.

Hey, the director in Shirobako destroyed his reputation by working on a show that melted!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
The way anime is made seems fundamentally bonkers but at least it leads to some funny situations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I mean, I hear you, it's a lovely situation for those working on it, but if you wanted a nice and kind and empathetic board you probably wouldn't be at the "heaven is overcrowded" Something Awful Forums

poking mild fun at anime catastrophes doesn't seem too terrible anyway

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

dogsicle posted:

it's certainly a mild thing that is very unlikely to pass harm along to those involved but also lmao gently caress this lovely reasoning

well, i don't think going to an anime discussion board on a comedy (?) site and saying "don't laugh at a show with terrible production values" is particularly wise either, but you do you

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

we're only at galaxy brain so far, lets see if we can keep pushing and get this to universe brain

"ATLAS SHRUGGED NEEDS AN ANIME ADAPTATION"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Space Flower posted:

oh pardon, up there was the artist doing the manga adaptation, i mixed them up. here's an animator who did valentine's day art of the main chars

https://twitter.com/AbSm_r/status/963437134458773504

their latest tweet is them saying they want to be like the chibi girls in the new game s2 ed

It's a good ED.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Great article. Shame that this happens. I haven't watched any of this one, but another troubled production they mention (Just Because) really had a ton of potential that just didn't pan out because of similar problems. Tough industry.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Space Flower posted:

also in good things happen: etotama, frame arms girl sequels announced

Huh, that's interesting. Etotama was back in 2014 or so, wasn't it? I didn't see it but I wonder how the (extensive) CGI held up.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

iospace posted:

If you haven't watched "A Place Further than the Universe", please go and do so now (it just wrapped up today).

Okay, I will!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Eela6 posted:

You start out in 1997 saying "horny, horny, horny". But by 2015 that hurts you, backfires. So you start talking about thirst, best girl, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract.

That is an unusual reference but I appreciate it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

DisDisDis posted:

- ADTRW's number one slow start fan

Hello

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Tada-kun was indeed kind of boring, but it was also kind of charming and very pretty, so I'm still open to letting it hook me a little harder.

also, traditional anime cat testicles, so i'll give it to episode three

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
self-hating anime fans, smdh

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
calming moe goodshows

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

More like Magical Girl Yikes

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Yeah, both seasons of MHA were good (the second was better) and it just feels like contrarian backlash to call it bad, with the galaxy brain part saying that Vigilantes, which has exactly one interesting character, is better.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

I ain't gonna fight about why I think its better but Its something I like enough that I will defend it.

Sorry if I seemed combative. I thought you were trolling and was going to bite down hard on that bait and enjoy the ride.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

chumbler posted:

Excluding Orb, because Orb is an excellent name.

:orb:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Eela6 posted:

I think the seasonal anime sickness has left me. I'm sure I'll keep up with MHA and FranXX and I'll probably check in with megalobox and golden kamuy eventually, but I'm just not as interested in trying to keep up with the season this time.

I am kind of in the same place. Since I stopped going to the gym I stopped watching anime at the gym, so I have stuff piled up on my iPad from two seasons ago at this point.

I will watch Made in Abyss someday!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Motto posted:

that seems like a very bad gym watch anyway

I figure it can't be a worse gym watch than KLK, which... well, I'm not sure what my reputation is at the gym these days

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

tbh both flip flappers and princess principal both started off strong and promising but petered off really hard so that's not entirely a healthy endorsement imo but i know that's the unpopular opinion on this forum

I feel pretty much the same way so you’re not alone. They were both really exciting at first.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Davincie posted:

arbys, kizuna ai, this, its all the same fake cutesy corporate culture

arby’s is best girl

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I wanted a new season, but still, gently caress. YES.

I like the pose here too. Miyamori is PISSED and she is here to collect your key frames

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

StandardVC10 posted:

Miyamori is posing like a giant robot pilot but instead of operating a giant robot she's operating an anime production.

How did I miss the Gainax pose!!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
if we're wishing for things i would like a love lab season 2

maybe haruhi 3 although i suppose that would rely on so many things going right that it's impossible

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Also apparently every Haruhi novel worth a drat has already been adapted.

Has it? I don’t actually know but some of the later stuff sounded interesting. But I don’t think we’d get anything new anyway unless there was something to promote, and with the author on what seems to be a permanent hiatus...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Motto posted:

look excel sucks but it's not that bad

VLOOKUP has literally gotten me jobs

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Speaking of mangaka, anyone reading the new thing by the author of Jitsu Wa? Feels like it’s starting to get good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sindai posted:

they're good rocks brent

I was going to make this same joke :stare:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

DisDisDis posted:

i don't remember anything in FLCL except the girl smoking under the bridge so FLCL 2.0 is basically an original property to me

you probably stopped watching after the second ep lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
How's the new Steins Gate thing? Weird, it was one of my "gateways to anime" but I haven't been too eager to watch it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Homura and Sickle posted:

aside from a few sloppy production elements here and there (real minor tho) imo it's been really good so far and i'm enjoying it immensely. its got a moodier and darker feel to it than the original but theres been one episode so far that captured the lighthearted bullshittin around feel of the first half of the original series

Excellent, thank you.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
a little pretentious to call your own posts a genre tbh

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Saw them live in Brooklyn a few years ago. The lead singer's... interesting... dancing sent the hipster crowd into fits of ironic giggles.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Julias posted:

Seriously, can you please stop spamming off topic poo poo here and take it to the chat thread? Thank you.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I've never seen a show get wrecked this badly before.

Man, that's too bad. I didn't watch it but it sounded like some people liked it until the wheels fell off. :(

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Viridiant posted:

Speaking of Stein's;Gate, I just started watching the first season. What are people's general opinions of it? It's been incredibly confusing so far and I'd like to at least know if people here think it shakes out in a satisfying way.

It's one of the series that turned me into an anime fan. It suffers a bit early on from slowness (this is more of a "fourteen episode test" than a three episode test, and I'm serious about that) and throughout from its VN origins, but it's well worth a watch IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Did anyone stick with Comic Girls? Was it good? I like the "girl sitting in a box" meme I've seen floating around these last few days.

• Locked thread