Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I thought the Froppy filler episode was just really bland. It could have been a lot of fun, but instead it was just cookie cutter "what does it mean to be a hero?????" nonsense. I was hoping it would be about various shenanigans going on at all the different internships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I really like the visuals, but I'm not too keen on the song. It'll probably grow on me though.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

My big problem with Mineta is that, no matter how lovely he acts, the worst consequence he suffers is something immediate like getting smacked or told off. His general awfulness is treated as a running gag rather than a character flaw, which means he'll probably stay that way forever, rather than be forced to change or improve in any meaningful way. Pretty standard stuff for token pervert characters in anime, but still annoying, especially in a show with such a generally likeable cast.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Fabricated posted:

I think one of the FA scanlators took a crack at explaining it at one point, and "Half-rear end" is basically what the intent is because Bakugou is still pissed at Todoroki giving up during their fight at the sports festival.

I remember him calling him that before that fight even happened.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

dogsicle posted:

the problem is that the dub scripts are bad, and they keep running into issues like this. see: maidragon

I actually think the dub dialogue is generally better than the crunchyroll translation, aside from the problem with Magne. There are times where the dialogue in the sub reads like something nobody would ever actually say, while the dub tends to sound a bit more natural, even considering the usual anime dub problems with lip syncing and timing.