Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rhonne posted:

That name was totally Shigaraki's idea.

I think you're confusing Shigaraki with Spinner here.

I mean, have you seen that knife sword and the ripoff Stain costume? That's the sign of a collosal dork if I've ever seen one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rhonne posted:

One thing I'd love to see in the future is to learn more about all the One for All Users who came before All Might and see how they handled the power.

Honestly, I think they shouldn't do this. If Horikoshi showed the previous OfA users and they prove to be super interesting to the readers/viewers then editorial might pressure him to show more of them in flashbacks or side chapters. It's going to be Naruto all over again where it SAYS the rookie genins are amazing, but more and more old generation ninjas pop up to steal the spotlight.

If we put it into western comic book terms, it'd be the Geoff Johns treatment where legacy characters get completely shafted because the writer loves Hal Jordan and Barry West, two of the most boringest characters ever.

Rhonne posted:

Like doing a sick dropkick to Spinners sword of swords.

Spinner is such a massive tryhard dork. He's great! :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

NikkolasKing posted:

I see lots of hate for Endeavor up above but I've been "spoiled" on vague manga details and also it's just kinda obvious that he will be redeemed so I didn't have the same animosity for him this time through the anime. But I tie this to my last point because the tone of a story is such a strange thing. What Endeavor did was horrible but many characters have done far worse and people are ready to forgive them. Nobody would ever suggest Endeavor and Rei get back together even if he does become a better person. But in other "lighter" series it's not at all uncommon for a villain to fall in love with a hero even after they maybe attacked that hero.

I should also mention this and Fairy Tail are the most recent shounen I've seen. Everything being so fast-paced is peculiar. I guess the days of notable fights lasting five episodes is over. And the entire tournament arc was about as long as Yugi and Kaiba's duel or a battle from the Dark Tournament.

I have to wonder if seeing Fairy Tail might have influenced you not having the same hate for Endeavor as the others, what with Fairy Tail being super big on some of the arc antagonists doing awful poo poo which the others tend to forget about once they get punched into friendship.

Radish posted:

I think the girls have powers that have a lot of combat potential, it just isn't used which is a shame.

Yeah, this is probably one of the weakest parts of MHA for me.