  • Post
Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Kayten posted:

I am! They're just going to last for a few updates. After all, the game takes place over 300-400 years. How long can a single human last?

Leaders can be 80 years old before rolling death checks (and have a default mean age of 88). There's a policy that adds 20 years, a tech that adds 10 (plus a repeatable one that adds +5 each time), and one trait that adds 80 years, plus a harmony tradition adding 20 years.

That's 218 years on average or so without any ascension paths, or special events. With the right choices and events, you can pick up another 25 with a bit of luck, and have +25 years to live with the resilient trait.

Adding onto this 243-268 year average, biological ascension people can add 50 years through special engineering, cyborgs get 40 years, and psionics may get +20....And have a very special person live forever. :unsmigghh:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

So can anyone tell me about the zunbils, since I don't have archive upgrade?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Sun worshipping Afghans from 769AD. Katen's CK2 LP had a rotating cast of characters and started with them.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
1.1.3 - Shutdown

BIOS loaded
SunOS 5.1.4 loaded successfully.

Hello,
Xarmandar. Praise the Sun. Today is August 17th-

New BozKurt device found. Would you like to connect?

Connecting to
Human Speech Recording Device 3...
Connected.

Recording module loaded. Praise the Sun.

Human conversation detected. Would you like to record from device?

Recording now. You are designated XT.

Additional voice detected. Scanning database...
Match found. Voice detected as Sun Priest
Olga Kuzina. Olga Kuzina designated OK.

OK: Did you get it working? It's a pretty old recorder.
XT: Yeah, barely had to adjust it. Zun bless SunCorp, I guess.
OK: Don't be a dick, Xar.
XT: I'm sorry Olga. Thank you for donating your expired tech to a castaway.
OK: Stop it, you're no longer a castaway. When's the last time you shaved?
XT: About seven years ago. Wasn't much of a priority.
OK: I can't believe you lasted a decade.

XT: I can't believe they gave you a ship.
OK: gently caress you too. Deveraux pushed pretty hard against it. (adjusted voice/possible mocking of unidentified target) "There has never been a woman captain in the entire history of the exploratory fleet!"
XT: Of course, the proud twenty year history of the fleet. So what's it like?
OK: What's what like?
XT: Earth, Olga. What did I miss? I only really got snippets of SunCorp news every few years.

OK: Oh, we've made great strides in xeno-biology. We understand the Irassians a lot better now.
XT: The platypus-looking assholes?
OK: I always thought of them as really ugly ducks.

OK: Oh, and Deveraux found a dead fish the size of the Alps a few light-years away from where we picked you up.
XT: Amazing, he finally found it.
OK: What?
XT: A bigger rear end in a top hat than him.
OK: I'm glad your exile hasn't dampened your terrible sense of humour.

OK: We've connected Faunus to the Earth Research Network, and that seems to have worked out.

OK: The Priests on Faunus even put some xeno fauna on display for everyone to see.
XT: Everyone?

OK: Come, Xar. You know what I mean. The empire is still-
XT: Fed entirely by slave labour?
OK: Xar! (voice lowers/probable whispering) You've gotta be more careful with that kind of talk. You don't know who's listening.

OK: (voice raises/probable excitement) Oh, and the poo poo we've been doing with human genetics on Abbassus is really exciting! That's, uh, Sirius III. We finally settled it. And Treadway, that's the ocean one in Barnard's Star. III or II, I don't remember.

XT: The Zunbils grow stronger then.

OK: Not just the Zunbils. The Bazargan have more or less claimed Abbassus as their own, building up their markets in orbit.

OK: I heard we even had to defend it against some pirates.

XT: A glorious victory for the Solar Empire.

OK: Do you want me to tell you what happened or not?
XT: Sorry, Olga, go on. You're a priest, anything interesting happen with the priests' council?

OK: You know me, Xar. I don't do politics. I leave it to Deveraux and the other old men.

OK: But I do catch glimpses from time to time. We've had some Barde trouble on Earth, and the Mahafez were very quick to respond.

OK: So far the unrest is kept down, but both the Mahafez Diet and the Sun Priest Council are pushing for more pressure on the Barde movements.
XT: Thanks for the update, Olga. And for the ride. Listen, do you mind if I hook this ancient machine to your comms bay?
OK: Of course. I should warn you, though. The news reported you as a casualty of that pirate attack. First martyr in the endless battle against piracy. There was a vigil and everything.
XT: I saw, yeah. I'll keep it in mind.
OK: Take care, Xar.
XT: Bye, Olga.

Recording stopped. Conversation saved as untitled-conversation-0.con. Praise the Sun.
>run message.mod

SunMail Module loaded. Praise the Sun. You have no new messages. Would you like to compose a new message?

From: Xarmandar Taid
To: SOD
Subject: Hey

Hey, Shivvie. It's me. I hope this channel still works.

It's kind of a long story, but the point is, I'm alive and alright. I'm on board the HSS Torch, they're bringing me to Earth. Are you anywhere close? Do you want to meet up?

-Xar

Message sent. Would you like to compose a new message?

From: Xarmandar Taid
To: ZL
Subject: Need to talk

Li, it's me. En route to Earth. We need to talk. Usual meeting spot in Valencia. Will signal when I'm close by.

-XT

Message sent.
>exit; sleep

Entering hibernation mode. See you soon!

--

BIOS loaded
SunOS 5.1.4 loaded successfully.

Hello, Xarmandar. Praise the Sun. Today is [/i]January 22nd-
>run recorder.mod

SunCorp Recording Module loaded. Praise the Sun.

Human conversation detected. Would you like to record from device?

Recording now. You are designated XT.

Additional voice detected. Scanning database...
Match found. Voice detected as Kargar Zhang Li. Zhang Li designated ZL.

XT: Commander Zhang.
ZL: Agent Taid.
XT: How official. I love what you've done with the place.
ZL: Cut the poo poo, Xarmandar. Why are you here?
XT: Five miles from the mine I was born in?
ZL: On this planet. Instead of dead.
XT: I'm too pretty to die, haven't you heard?

ZL: I don't have time for your loving jokes, Xarmandar. I am fighting a war against our oppressors. Or are they not your oppressors anymore?
XT: Don't you loving dare! I gave decades of my life to the Free Human League! I led us for fourteen years-
ZL: You sat on your rear end for fourteen years! I had to clean up your mess. I did what needed to be done. I fought-

XT: And where did that get you? How many of our people lie dead in the streets? How many children will be born in the mines because of you?
ZL: A revolution is not a dinner party, Xar. You never had the stomach for this.
XT: We're not the revolution, Li! We're its precursors! We're the loving foundation!

ZL: You call ten agents and a backdoor in Solar communications a foundation? Get the gently caress out of my sight, Xar. You're done here.
XT: Good luck with the struggle, comrade.
ZL: gently caress you.

Recording stopped. Conversation saved as untitled-conversation-7.con. Praise the Sun.
>run message.mod

SunMail Module loaded. Praise the Sun. You have one new message. Would you like to view it?

From: SOD
To: Xarmandar Taid
Subject: Chips

Xar, how'd your meeting with our fearless leader go? Manage to talk some sense into her?

Anyway, listen, I think I found something that might interest you.

We're parked in Faunus orbit right now, so I managed to tap into the Earth Research Network.

They're beaming a ton of data on volcano suppression, so their security is down, but check this out.

The Sun Priests are working on a Mahafez-sponsored project. Some sort of neural implant, with a violence inhibitor and emotional suppressors.

Xar, I think they're gonna chip Bardes. Like, on an industrial level.

But! Check this out. The chips are hard to update, and the firmware they run on is based on old SunCorp tech. Which means our backdoors still work.

We can have a way into every chip these assholes manufacture for decades. This'll give us direct access to every Barde. We can talk to them, we can kill the inhibitors, we can do anything.

One problem. I can't do this from here. I need you to find an entry point where we can access the code. Some sort of manufactory on Earth.

I'm starting to work on the code right now.

-SOD

P.S. I'm sorry about how we left things. Hope you can forgive me for moving on.

From: Xarmandar Taid
To: ZL
Subject: I'm sorry, Li

Listen, Li. I'm a dick, and an idiot. I didn't push our people far enough. You're right to be angry with me.

But. Siobhan found something amazing. Something that can be the biggest victory we've had yet. A real foundation. I've attached her message.

There's a new processing facility being built near Kabul. I still have my engineer access codes. I need a distraction, and I know you have the resources to cause one. I make it inside, drop Siobhan's backdoor in, and just walk out. Easy peasy.

For old times' sake, Commander.
-Agent XT

You have one new message. Would you like to view it?
[/i]
From: ZL
To: Xarmandar Taid
Subject: Re: I'm sorry, Li

Fine. February 3rd, 13:00, Kabul time. You'll have your distraction.

-ZL

>exit; sleep

Entering hibernation mode. See you soon!

--

BIOS loaded
Waking up SunOS 5.1.4...
SunOS 5.1.4 woken up successfully.

Hello,
Xarmandar. Praise the Sun. Today is February 3rd,-
>run news.mod

Module loaded. Praise the Sun. Today's top story: Prodigious explorer visits capital. Would you like to know more?

Sun Priest Jean-Marie Deveraux returns from his fourth consecutive ten-year exploratory mission for an audience with Her Radiance, the Sun Empress Boran II. Sun Priest Deveraux is the first captain of the Exploratory fleet, and he has been busy surveying the galaxy since 2200. He is credited with the discovery of every single planet currently held by the Solar Empire.

Most recently, the Sun Priest has been working on the mysteries of the so-called Void Clouds, designated as messengers of Zun by the Sun Priest Council.

Sun Priest Deveraux was the first one to conclusively establish that the Void Clouds were connected to the very first first moments of Zun creating the void.

In addition to his exploratory work, Sun Priest Deveraux is the founder and head of the Council of High Priesthood, a watchdog against heresy within Sun Priesthood ranks.

The movement, started five years ago, has grown to five billion volunteer members across the Solar Empire.

Sun Priest Deveraux will meet Her Most Resplendent Majesty, Sun Empress Boran II, later today to receive the Order of Darwesh, the Solar Empire's highest civilian honour for his life's work. Praise the Sun.
>exit; run recorder.mod

SunCorp Recording Module loaded. Praise the Sun.
>cast SOD

Instant-Casting conversations to SOD.

Human conversation detected. Would you like to record from device?

You are designated XT.

XT: Listen, Shivvie, I'm on in a few minutes. I know you can't answer me, but I'm kinda used to that by now.
XT: I'm outside the facility. I really hope my access codes still work. I got your drive, and now I'm just waiting for whatever Li has cooked up.

Additional voices detected. Scanning database...
Match found. Voice detected as Kargar Jonathan Smith. Jonathan Smith designated JS.

JS: Whoa there, buddy, can't let you in like that. You gotta punch in your code.
XT: Right, sorry, boss, long shift last night. Fuckers got us working like Bardes lately.
JS: Ain't that the truth! Pay us like Bardes too.
XT: Oh, don't get me started on the pay! I moved from assembly to maintenance, they put me on salary, work me like a dog, and I make less than I used to per day!
JS: That's how they get you, with that salary horseshit! You should've stayed a daily, buddy.
XT: Yeah, now you tell me.
JS: Welp, you're all clear. Stay strong, buddy, don't let them see you break.
XT: You gotta do what you gotta do. See you around.

XT: Made it inside. Where's that distraction?

Additional voices detected. Scanning database...
Match found. Voice detected as KABUL ALARM. KABUL ALARM designated KABUL ALARM.

KABUL ALARM: ALERT! ALERT! THIS AREA IS NOW UNDER MILITARY LOCKDOWN!
XT: gently caress, Li, what did you do?
KABUL ALARM: ALERT! ALERT! THIS FACILITY IS CLASSIFIED AS MILITARILY IMPORTANT! PLEASE PROCEED TO THE NEAREST MILITARY SHELTER!
XT: Right, three lefts, a right, and then straight through the catwalk. Easy-peasy.

Additional voices detected. Scanning database...
Match found. Voice detected as Kargar Alejandro Estevez. Alejandro Estevez designated AE.

AE: Holy poo poo, have you heard?
XT: What's going on?
AE: Bardes are attacking the Sun Palace! It's a slaughter out there!
XT: gently caress me...
AE: I'm going for Shelter B. Finish your work and get your rear end to a Shelter, these lunatics are mowing people down!
XT: Yeah, I just need to shut a few things down so they don't hurt anyone.
AE: Hurry up!

XT: Alright, Shivvie, your code's in. I hope this works. I gotta get the gently caress out of here.
KABUL ALARM: ALERT! ALERT! REVOLT SUPPRESSION FORCES HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED TO THIS AREA!
XT: poo poo! Shivvie, I'm outside the facility, but there are soldiers loving everywhere. They're searching people. I'm gonna try to go through the alleys nearby.
KABUL ALARM: ALERT! ALERT! REVOLT SUPPRESSION FORCES ARE OPERATING AT DANGER LEVEL CORONA! SUBMIT TO SEARCH OR BE SHOT!

XT: gently caress.
XT: Shivvie, listen. I'm sorry for yelling last time we talked. I'm sure Chatn is a nice man. You thought I was dead. It's fine.
XT: I mean, it's not fine, but it's how things played out. You know what I loving mean. I have no right.
XT: Anyway.
XT: You're gonna need to keep Li in check. Don't blow this chip thing.
XT: And please be careful out there.

KABUL ALARM: ALERT! ALERT! REVOLT SUPPRESSION FORCES ARE OPERATING AT DANGER LEVEL CORONA! SUBMIT TO SEARCH OR BE SHOT!
XT: Wait, hold on, I think I can make it through a gap in the patrol squads.

Additional voices detected. Scanning database...
Match found. Voice detected as Mahafez Echive Dauphine. Echive Dauphine designated ED.

ED: Halt!
XT: Aw shi-

Warning. Batteries at 25%.
Warning. Batteries at 10%.
Warning. Batteries at 5%. Recording stopped. Conversation saved as untitled-conversation-11.con. Praise the Sun.
Entering hibernation mode. See you soon!

--

BIOS loaded
SunOS 5.1.4 loaded successfully.

Hello, Xarmandar. Praise the Sun. Today is
June 3rd-
>whoami

You are Kargar Xarmandar Taid. You are attached to HSS Enigma.
>reset

This will reset the SunOS to the last known safe version. Warning: this process will erase all data stored. Are you sure you want to proceed?
Resetting SunOS. This may take a while...
Installing a clean version of SunOS 5.1.4. This may take a while...
Praise the Sun. SunOS kernel v.5.1.4.6.3.2.1 installed. Installing additional modules...
Starting modules installed.

Would you like to create a new profile for this device?

Please enter your name.
>Ferzad Zunbil

Please enter your caste.
>Zunbil

This device is designated virtual Sun Priest. Welcome, master Ferzad.
>whoami

You are Master Ferzad Zunbil of the Near-West Zunbils, 37th Sun Prince. Praise the Sun.
>run games.mod

I am sorry, Master Ferzad. Games.mod is not found. Would you like a tour of the capabilities of this device?

SunCorp news module loaded. Praise the Sun. Top news story: Council of the High Priesthood elects new leader. Would you like to know more?

Map module loaded. Praise the Sun. You are located on Earth, at the Near-West Zunbil estate outside Antioch. Near-West Zunbil estate houses the Near-West branch of the Zunbil dynasty, including 11 of the top 50 Zunbil Sun Princes. Would you like to know more?

Recording module loaded. Praise the Sun. Human conversation detected. Would you like to record on this device?

You are designated FZ.

FZ: Come on, you dumb thing. You gotta have voice commands.
FZ: Tablet, activate games.
FZ: Tablet, run games. Run games module.

Additional voice detected. Scanning database...
Match found. Voice detected as Bazargan Asaru Malzuzi. Asaru Malzuzi designated AM.

AM: In other news today, the recently elected leader of the Council of the High Priesthood was found dead of a heart attack this morning.

AM: In an emergency session, the Sun Priest Council has elected Sun Priest Divya Upadhyay as interim leader. This decision has been widely criticized as a move against everything the founders of the council stood for.

FZ: Tablet, run AsiaUniversalis.

AM: In the wake of the terror attack that gripped the Solar capital two years ago, Her Dazzling Majesty, Empress Boran II has proposed a motion to grant the military additional powers to the Mahafez Diet.

FZ: Tablet, run CastleFite.

AM: The Diet immediately approved the proposal.

FZ: Mooooom! This tablet doesn't have any games on it!

AM: A representative of the Bazargan alliance pushing for greater representation was once again denied audience with the Sun Empress.

FZ: Mooooom!

Additional voice detected. Scanning database...
Match found. Voice detected as Mistress Adan Zunbil. Adan Zunbil designated AZ.

AZ: What is it, Ferzi?
FZ: This tablet dad got has no games on it.

AZ: Does it have a connection to the web?
FZ: I think so. I haven't checked.

AZ: Well, check first, see if you can download something, and then harass your poor mother.
FZ: Ok. Tablet, run web.

AM: The first settlers have started to land on the tropical world of Earn II, designated Broadleaf.
AZ: And turn the screen off if you're not watching it.

FZ: Fine. Screen, off.
FZ: See, tablet, the screen listens to me.
FZ: Wait, is this still recording?

Recording stopped. Conversation saved as untitled-conversation-15.con. Praise the Sun.
>run web.mod

SunCorp Explorer loaded. Praise the Sun. Please enter a web node you'd like to visit.
>castlefite.game

Welcome to CastleFite, the Galaxy's premier PvP elimination shooter/builder! Download for free now!

>download castlefite.mod

Downloading castlefite.mod... module downloaded. Would you like to run it?

CastleFite module loaded. Praise the Sun!

Welcome to CastleFite!
>new profile

Creating a new profile. Please enter your name.
>xXx_SnYpA_xXx

Name already taken. Please enter another name.
>XxX_sNyPa_XxX

Welcome to CastleFite, XxX_sNyPa_XxX. Would you like to play a match?

100 players remaining.

XxX_sNyPa_XxX: whats up noobs
Killa_RayGun: ur a noob
Re@per: ur moms a noob
XxX_sNyPa_XxX: im gonna troll this game

96 players remaining.

Killa_RayGun: dont troll i need two more wins for my ranked placements
Re@per: ya dont be a dick
XxX_sNyPa_XxX: fine watch me carry this noob team

87 players remaining.

Re@per: nah im carry i got shotty
XxX_sNyPa_XxX: give it to me im better
Re@per: lolno
XxX_sNyPa_XxX: dont make me call my dad

73 players remaining.

Re@per: lol i bet ur dads a kargar
XxX_sNyPa_XxX: nuh uh my dads a zunbil
Killa_RayGun: lmao no hes not

64 players remaining.

XxX_sNyPa_XxX: he is too! im a zunbil because hes a zunbil
Re@per: lol
Killa_RayGun: lmao
Killa_RayGun: ur not a zunbil
Re@per: zunbils are dumb anyway they kill each other all the time
XxX_sNyPa_XxX: not all the time only when the empress dies and the empress is gonna live forever

41 players remaining.

Re@per: lol noone lives forever
Killa_RayGun: ya thats dumb
Killa_RayGun: empress gonna die and then ur cousins are gonna kill u
XxX_sNyPa_XxX: theyre not gonna kill me im too little
Re@per: nah enjoy ur cousins killing u noob

24 players remaining.
Connection to server lost. Attempting to reconnect...
Attempting to reconnect...
>exit

Exiting CastleFite.
>run flashlight.mod

Flashlight module activated.

Human conversation detected. Would you like to record?

Recording now. You are designated FZ.

FZ: Moooom! Why is it so dark?
FZ: Moooom!
AZ: Ferzi, sweetie, oh thank Zun, there you are! We have to go, we have to go right now!
FZ: Where are we going?
AZ: Turns out your auntie Valentina is a lying bitch, so we have to go away for a while. Come on, Ferzi, I said right now!
FZ: Ok, ok, I'm going.

AZ: drat it, why won't this loving car start!
FZ: Mom, don't swear!
AZ: Sweetie, now is not the time!
FZ: Mom, are those planes coming for us?
AZ: Where? Those aren't planes. Missiles?! Valentina, you bi-

Kayten fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Apr 10, 2018

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Dang, guess we'll never know how that match of CastleFite ended...

Things seem to be pretty calm so far, though we're starting to see some actual flare ups. Is there going to be anything in game to represent the chaos at the end or is that all just narrative flair?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Am I the only one having some trouble keeping up with what's actually happening in the game, just because I'm too invested in reading the narrative and forget to look at the pictures? :v:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 3, 2018

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

THERE'S PICTURES?

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Jossar posted:

Dang, guess we'll never know how that match of CastleFite ended...

I'm pretty sure this guy won.

Jossar posted:

Things seem to be pretty calm so far, though we're starting to see some actual flare ups. Is there going to be anything in game to represent the chaos at the end or is that all just narrative flair?

There will be no chaos. The Solar Empire is the most stable government in the galaxy. All Barde-related problems have been solved by the application of neural implants.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nordick posted:

Am I the only one having some trouble keeping up with what's actually happening in the game, just because I'm too invested in reading the narrative and forget to look at the pictures? :v:

Nope. The narrative is quite enthralling.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Wow, I had to do a second reading before I realized that our little guy was killed as a pretender to the throne.

:smith:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Now we'll never know why a member of the royal family was gifted an obsolete tablet probably found on an insurgent's corpse, the greatest mystery of the narrative.

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012
Rich people love novelty.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

GunnerJ posted:

Now we'll never know why a member of the royal family was gifted an obsolete tablet probably found on an insurgent's corpse, the greatest mystery of the narrative.

The kid said his dad got the tablet, not that the tablet was given to him, so the kid probably just grabbed it out of boredom. The father, however he found it, probably realized how big the scale of "rebels have a back door into every slave chip" is from the previous recording and was probably planning on using that to score his family an advantage, as one does.

Only now he's probably dead, and the tablet is exploded, so the actual proof is gone. Caste politics at its finest, everyone!

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Wow, I had to do a second reading before I realized that our little guy was killed as a pretender to the throne.

:smith:

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Also, Zunbils killing Zunbils has a well-established precedent.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

thetruegentleman posted:

The kid said his dad got the tablet, not that the tablet was given to him, so the kid probably just grabbed it out of boredom. The father, however he found it, probably realized how big the scale of "rebels have a back door into every slave chip" is from the previous recording and was probably planning on using that to score his family an advantage, as one does.

This makes sense but then again, why is his dad, another royal, both personally dealing with this and not securing it well enough that a literal child can't steal it? How deep does this go?? (The answer is probably inbreeding.)

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

GunnerJ posted:

Now we'll never know why a member of the royal family was gifted an obsolete tablet probably found on an insurgent's corpse, the greatest mystery of the narrative.

Xar didn't die. He just dropped the tablet in surprise before running away. :colbert:

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

GunnerJ posted:

This makes sense but then again, why is his dad, another royal, both personally dealing with this and not securing it well enough that a literal child can't steal it? How deep does this go?? (The answer is probably inbreeding.)

If they found out about the backdoor in the slave chips, it makes sense that they'd take the evidence to a royal. And then he failed to secure it because he was too rattled, maybe? If the backdoor was found then a lot depends on who knew about it, if it was found by someone loyal to the dad then everyone who knew about it might have gotten purged.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Polaron posted:

Xar didn't die. He just dropped the tablet in surprise before running away. :colbert:

Running all the way to that farm upstate.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Kayten posted:

Running all the way to that farm upstate.

Well that's perfect for Bardes after all.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Stellaris 101 - Influence, Edicts and Factions

Since we've actually run into factions this update, let's take a look at the underlying mechanics that govern them.

Influence

Influence is one of the two major non-harvested resources in the game (the other one being unity, which I will cover in another Stellaris 101 entry). Influence represents your government's ability to enforce its will - think of it as political capital or soft power. Primarily, it's used in dealing with foreign and domestic policy decisions: building new starbases to claim stellar systems, issuing edicts, claiming systems held by other empires, suppressing factions, or even changing your government.

Your empire generates influence at a pretty stable rate. You get small bonuses from having an Authoritarian government, designating neighbours as rivals, keeping factions happy, and some tech. You also get small penalties from controlling too many planets directly (going over your core world limit), being a part of a federation, and suppressing factions.

Influence is spent on a bunch of things. Primarily, you use it to build outposts to control systems adjacent to your empire space, so you can start building mining and research stations, as well as colonizing any planets found there.

You also need to spend it to build empire-unique buildings that provide empire-wide bonuses, like Research Centres, which boost your total research output. Some event options have an influence cost, and integrating vassals costs influence as well.

Edicts

Edicts are another major influence sink. Edicts are temporary empire-wide bonuses that make life a lot easier. Running low on minerals, and need to get through the decade? Pop that Production Targets edict and enjoy +20% mineral production. Need to speed up your exploration of the galaxy? Throw on the Map the Stars edict and enjoy +25% survey speed and +10% anomaly chance.

Note that you also have edicts that cost energy (and in the late game, unity) instead of influence. Those are called campaigns, and they behave in a very similar manner to edicts.

You can affect edict duration and strength through technology, policies and traditions.

Factions

Factions are both a source of influence, and a really annoying drain. As I've previously managed, factions are formed around the ethics of your pops that can participate in politics (not slaves, residents, undesirables and so on). The more pops there are that support a faction, the more influential it becomes. Note that at the point of this screenshot, we have a population of 89 pops across five planets, but only 55 pops in factions. This is because slaves (who are mostly egalitarian for some reason) cannot form factions, and have their own separate mechanics.

Each faction has a set of issues that they deem important. When those issues are solved in their favour (like stratified society being implemented), the faction happiness improves.

The happiness of a faction affects pop happiness. If a pop belongs to a faction, then their baseline happiness moves from 50% to current faction happiness. Thus, ideally, you maintain a balanced approach and please as many factions at once as you can (we are very much not doing that).

Factions are one of the very few ways of generating additional influence. If a faction has over 60% happiness (baseline 50% + bonuses from issues they agree with), it generates influence in proportion to its popularity. The amount of influence you can squeeze out of a single faction also varies based on your ethics, traditions, and tech.

If a faction is unhappy, its pops become unhappy. When pops are unhappy, they produce fewer resources from their tile, and generate unrest. Unrest can loving cripple your empire (see: next update), so keep an eye on it.

Lastly, if a particular faction is giving you trouble, or you want to boost an unpopular one, you can manage it. I already talked about embracing factions in the first Stellaris 101 post, so I'm going to skip it for now. You can promote a faction, making it more likely that pops will switch to it at the cost of monthly influence gain; or you can suppress it, making it less attractive, at the cost of faction happiness and monthly influence gain.

And that about covers influence for now!

Kayten fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 5, 2018

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Why would Unrest cripple the Empire? What's the point of having Bardes if they're spending most of their time resting? :downs:

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
5 factions, 1 is almost happy, 1 is clamoring for violent revolution, and 3... don't give a poo poo either way? Over 50% at any rate... not enough to give any influence, but is a 52% approval rating actually dangerous outside of not getting influence points? What is the "dangerous" threshold?

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.

Iunnrais posted:

What is the "dangerous" threshold?

That depends in part on your happiness overall. Happiness penalties from low-habitability worlds and anomalies on said worlds can turn a "meh" pop into a rebel, and that's before things like "Everyone lives in impoverished conditions (slaves in basic subsistence)" and "The fallen empire humiliated you, take a huge influence penalty and -10% happiness for 10 years."

On the other hand, you can potentially GET so much happiness that even those clamoring for violent revolution are pacified by your Paradise Domes, Harmonious traditions, Riggan spice, and utopian living standards, enough that they forget that robots walk among them and their faction is being slowly pushed to stop existing.

...we're not going that way in this LP, though.

Also, the threshold for "happy" and giving that +Influence is 61% or more, and (correction) <40% is the Unrest threshold. More than 60%+ Happiness gives individual pops scaling bonuses to production and such; turns out people do better work when they're not starving and miserable and hating everything!

Base happiness is 50%, which is the "meh", but then they join a faction and take on that faction's happiness modifiers. So someone becoming Egalitarian in the Zun becomes absolutely livid about the treatment of Bardes and the jerk ruling from the top. Having less than 39% happiness makes the pop generate Unrest, which is countered by happy pops and factors like a good governor and ruler, strongholds on the planet (troops discourage dissent), etc.

Also individual pops can be Happy (gaining production bonuses) from all the stuff you heap on them like social welfare and paradise domes and riggan spice, but if the faction itself is unhappy you don't get the influence from addressing their factors.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 6, 2018

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Alright this is a great concept. Im enjoying the hell out of it.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Update 1.2.1 - Spartacus

Diary of Ivan Marzhan
December 23rd, 2255 - Somewhere in Solar space

Well, dad was right. I finally talked my way into trouble I can't talk my way out of. And I was doing so well, too.

An old man sitting next to me recommended I start writing things down. The chip fucks with your memory, he says. Can't trust what you remember after a while. So here I am.

My name is Ivan Dimitrovich Marzhan, born in Synnada, Abbassus in 2220. My father was a Bazargan that handled the trade and energy generation in quadrant 3 in Synnada. I do not remember my mother, but I was told she was a very kind woman. She died giving birth for me. I've always felt kind of guilty for that.

My upbringing was pretty straightforward: private tutors at home until I was fifteen, then a college exam, and an economics degree with a focus on interstellar energy transfers. Internship at my dad's plant, then a move to the Sirius Trade Station, where I dealt with purchasing for the Mahafez fleets.

Dad warned me not to get into politics. "Leave that poo poo to the Zunbils", he said.

But no, I had to get involved with the Committee. Peaceful reform, the only thing that can fix this damned empire.

Eventually we sold some blueprints to the wrong people, and the Mahafez were on us. I told them this solidarity bullshit is going to get us killed.

Nothing good ever came out of the Mahafez.

One charge of resisting arrest later, and I'm on a cramped boat heading to Treadway. Well, how bad could a Barde life be, really? I mean, from what I've seen, the Empire takes care of its own.

Journal of Nasira bint Sina
August 17th, 2259 - Kyiv Plantations, Earth

I can't believe it! As always, we worked all the day, under the Overseers' lash, under the harsh summer sun. We settled in for the night, when explosions rang out all over the plantation! Dozens of men and women poured into the compound through the gaps in the fence, firing on the Overseers. An older woman, dressed in brown overalls and a red beret kicked down our door, and told us we were now casteless and free. She offered us a choice: those who were willing to fight against the Zunbils could join her and her League; those who were too old or too sick would be granted safe passage away from the plantations, given supplies and set free.

I think I'm in love.

June 13th, 2261 - League Communications Outpost #5, Earth

The Commander has been restless lately. She is constantly tired, and has been losing weight, despite a regular diet. She also urinates far more often than common for a woman her age. I tried getting some bloodwork done, but she claims she needs to be sharp right now and can't afford losing blood.

This is nonsense, medically speaking, but she outranks me.

In order to distract myself from the Commander's symptoms, I've been performing physical exams on the staff here at outpost #5. There are nearly three dozen extra people here right now, trying to figure out how to broadcast messages to the slave chips without harming the user before our big push for Treadway. It's not been going well.

The usual crew is busy decoding information sent to us from Grinstead. They've been having some plant-related problems.

The staff exhibits the usual problems: stress-related digestive disorders, pollen allergies, a few cases of mild arthritis, one small kidney stone. Nothing that requires surgery.

One of the Commander's old comrades arrived today, one Engineer Siobhan O'Dalaigh. The Commander speaks highly of her technical competence. I think she's the one that got us access to the slave chips. Unlike the Commander, she is willing to occasionally check her health. It's important for women their age.

I don't think Engineer O'Dalaigh likes me much. She asked for my name no less than four times. I get that I'm not the most important member of the League, but it still hurts.

To be fair, she seems distracted. Her daughter volunteered to be embedded into the initial colonial administration on Meredith Bay, the most remote Solar colony to date.

Her husband was a part of the bureaucratic resettlement to St. Hossack, an equally distant planet. So this may not be about me after all.

Log of Overseer Zhou Wei
November 17th, 2262 - Lavrion Mining Complex, Treadway

We had another collapse in tunnel #73 today, 7 dead, 5 injured. I called for volunteers for clean-up duty: an extra ration for today, and their mineral quota for today halved. One man came up: Barde 24-601, who insists on being called by his old name, Ivan Marzhan. A strong man, but with a disdain towards authority. We'll fix him yet.

Governor Lin's been pushing the Bardes hard lately. The new quotas are costing us.

Diary of Ivan Marzhan
December 10th, 2262 - Lavrion Mining Complex, Treadway

I've had an awful day. We had a new arrival, Nina F., who came over with her daughter, Rosette. I don't know what kind of a monster sends an eight-year old girl to the mines, but there seem to be a lot of those around lately.

While they could not chip the child, since the chip requires a fully-grown brain to work, they chipped Nina this afternoon. She was put on the evening shift in my stope. Fifteen minutes into her shift, she started screaming, dropped her jackhammer and slammed her head against the wall. Little Rosette ran up to her to try to calm her down, but she threw her aside. Nina clawed at her chip scar for a few seconds, and then went back to slamming her head against the rocks.

Overseer Zhou Wei came out of nowhere, and pinned her to the ground. He grabbed Nina's pick, and in one smooth movement caved her skull in.

It turns out Nina had a reaction to the chip. Happens in about 1% of cases. The brain rejects the implant, causing unbearable pain in the subject. No known cure, but who's looking for a cure for a Barde-only problem anyway. Anyway, I did not know Zhou Wei was capable of mercy, even for a mercy killing.

drat, 1% of all cases. There are 9 billion Bardes on Treadway alone. That's 90 million people with unspeakable pain in their head.

I hate Treadway.

I took little Rosette home. I don't have much space, but I can fit a person and a half into my hovel. She can have half my rations while I figure out what to do.

Journal of Nasira bint Sina
July 5th, 2264 - Tyuratam Spaceport, Earth

Fifteen times I told the Commander not to fly in her condition. Her diabetes is progressing. She insisted she's fine, but let me tag along just in case. Wouldn't you know it, heart attack on the way to the spaceport. Thank Zun I was there. I've never worked in a parked shuttle before, but the angioplasty paid off, and blood flow resumed. Take that, Avicenna.

The Commander is under anesthesia for now, recovering, as I argue with her hand-picked retirement home cabal. How am I still the only doctor the League has on Earth? What have they been doing all this time?

This leads me to the second problem. The Commander's legs are, in medical terms, absolutely hosed. I've done what I can, but her PAD is progressing. I checked her legs after the angioplasty, and the gangrene has already set in. I cannot operate on her during space flight, and the gravity changes will absolutely exacerbate it. I need to amputate, and I need to do it now.

These idiots are voting on the amputation right now. The Commander would much rather die than lose her legs. The movement cannot afford to lose her, and if she flies in her current condition, she will die. There is no other option, they need to see that.

Diary of Ivan Marzhan
April 2nd, 2269 - New Sparta, Treadway

Rosette and I got lucky. The Bardes in our stope started meeting at night a few months ago. They've been in contact with the other mines on the island. Someone snitched to Zhou Wei, so the riot started earlier than planned.

During the chaos, Rosette and I hitched a ride to the surface on the loader. I got to breathe fresh air for the first time in fifteen years. I don't know if Rosette has ever been to the surface before. I hope her eyes can handle the harsh Barnard's Star light.

We managed to hike our way to New Sparta. The power plants that power Lavrion are similar enough to my dad's old stations, so I might be able to blend in as a plant worker. Anything is better than the mines.

Log of Overseer Zhou Wei
April 2nd, 2269 - Lavrion Mining Complex, Treadway

drat it all. The Bardes in stope #15 started to organize. I came in to try to talk them out of it, and the scum rioted. They held me down and administered a series of unpleasant beatings. It didn't last very long, and the Riot Suppression Unit returned the favour. I did a count afterwards, and wouldn't you know it, 24-601 is missing. So is the girl.

There is an order to these things, and he's loving with it. The planets circle the stars, and people circle the Zunbils. He doesn't understand that he's interfering with the natural order of the universe.

I'm coming for you, Marzhan.

Journal of Nasira bint Sina
May 2271 - New Sparta, Treadway

The Commander is still angry with me. She cried as soon as she woke up after the operation. I've never seen her cry before.

Zun bless Siobhan, though. I don't know where she found an old mining mech, nor where she got the tools for a makeshift neural-mechanical link, but that old lady still got it. As the only one present with medical experience, I assisted during the operation, despite the Commander's protests.

It took her a few weeks, but she walks as well as any of us now. Since she got the new legs, she's been a lot more involved in operations planning.

The techies back home finally figured out how to safely use the chips for broadcasting messages. It's not just text, either. Since the chip is connected to the visual cortex, we can send images and even 3D spaces for the chipped people to navigate. In other words, they dream what we send to them, even when they're awake.

In better times, I would be very excited to see this technology used to restore sight. We do not live in better times.

We've set up camp in an abandoned mine near New Sparta, the largest city on Treadway. I make occasional trips to the city to meet with out contacts within the local resistance. I've offered my services as a surgeon to remove chips from those who wish it. So far, only one man took me up on the offer.

Siobhan got a message earlier today. Her daughter was being relocated to Schimmel's world, taking her even further away from her mother. She's been worrying me lately. She's having trouble remembering new faces and names, and she started forgetting words sometimes. She referred to Martin as 'Xar' the other day, and couldn't stop crying when we pointed it out to her.

Diary of Ivan Marzhan
August 30th, 2276 - New Sparta, Treadway

I didn't think this city would be so dangerous. I walked Rosette through the Earthen Quarter for an afternoon walk, when we were attacked by thieves! Three men went right for us, and a fourth blocked our escape. We would have been goners, if not for the local Mahafez. Someone called out for help, and an Inspector was on them in seconds.

By Zun, it was Zhou Wei! We were lucky that he was busy with the thieves, letting us slip away before he noticed me.

It's too dangerous to remain on Treadway. I am looking into a ship that will get Rosette and me away from this cursed rock. Where is Rosette, anyway? I bet she's hanging around with that good-for-nothing Aris kid. He's going to get her involved in something dangerous.

Log of Inspector Zhou Wei
August 30th, 2276 - New Sparta, Treadway

Marzhan! At last! We see each other plain I knew you couldn't make it far. 24-601, I have not bled in the mines since birth for scum like you to get away. I have not groveled in front of my betters for 48 years for a lowly Barde to escape justice.

There is nowhere for you to hide. I will find you even on Gaia.

I am a Mahafez now. I am better than you. And I am coming.

Journal of Nasira bint Sina
February 15th, 2281 - New Sparta, Treadway

The preparations are almost complete. We have delivered arms to the major mines throughout Treadway, and drilled the people in small-unit tactics. We have waited until the Empire is at its weakest.

The Commander doesn't really sleep anymore. She refuses sedatives, saying there is too much to be done. I think she's fine with this fight killing her. I'm not.

Martin Batemann, the sole vote against the amputation way back on Earth, and an old friend of the Commander, has gone to Sol Station. To "monitor communications".

I know the Commander doesn't believe. I pray to Zun in her name anyway. Our cause is righteous. Our fight is just. Zun is with us.

Diary of Ivan Marzhan
November 7th, 2281 - New Sparta, Treadway

Zun drat it! Rosette is somewhere in the compound these loving children decided to occupy! Apparently, it's time for the glorious revolution!

These are kids! Their fearless leader is all of twenty-three years old! What do Bazargan students know about fighting?

gently caress! I'm going to get my daughter back from these selfish assholes, before they get her killed.

As soon as I find that Aris bastard, I'm going to tear his eye out through his rear end in a top hat!

Log of Inspector Zhou Wei
November 7th, 2281 - New Sparta, Treadway

Marzhan will have to wait. There's a revolt happening. Not just the Bardes in the mines, but some Bazargan students in the city itself. The Riot Suppression Unit should be able to deal with the mines. I'm going to see if these students need some "help" from an old veteran.

If Treadway falls, the Empire will starve. Billions will die. If I have to personally shoot a dozen students, so be it.

In the Justice Giver's name.

Diary of Ivan Marzhan
November 8th, 2281 - New Sparta, Treadway

gently caress! These kids are going to get themselves killed. I've shown them how to properly use rifles. I fired on Riot Suppression troops. I blew my cover three times over.

What's worse is these kids captured Zhou Wei. I think he tried to spy on them and some kid snitched on him. I don't want anymore blood on my hands. I'm getting this dumbass off-world. I hope they buy my "personal vendetta" story.

He's leaving, and he's taking Rosette with him. This is no place for her.

Journal of Nasira bint Sina
November 8th, 2281 - Kabul, Earth

It is done. Every miner, every farmhand, every servant on Treadway is now free. Earth is next.

I went to the Sun Palace with the strike team. I am not very good in a fight, but I've got very stable hands, so I did the camera work for the most important broadcast in human history.

I saw the Commander break the doors to the Sun Palace open with the mech legs. Dozens of rifles fired on her immediately, but Siobhan didn't install a shield generator in them for nothing. As our troops swept across the Grand Hall, the Commander slowly, calmly walked to the throne. She was death herself, relentless, merciless, patient.

A puddle formed under his Eternal Radiance, the Sun Emperor Jumaane II. The Commander looked at us, raised one of her legs and called out "Death to the Empire! Death to the Zunbils!" The hydraulics kicked in, and in half a second, her leg went through the royal ribcage, through the Sun Throne, and came out the other side. The emperor was no more.

I fell in love all over again.

The Last Message of Siobhan O'Dalaigh
January 1st, 2284 - Freedom City, Earth

Saiorse, hi, sweetie.

By the time this message reaches you, I will already be dead. I know it's pointless to tell you not to be sad, but I will anyway. You know me, I've always been stubborn.

We buried Aunt Li yesterday. I stayed beside her on her last day. Her heart gave out shortly after the assault on the Sun Palace. bint Sina kept her alive as long as she could, but even she can't perform miracles. She died as she lived: fighting Zunbils. Her last words were very simple: "No statues". bint Sina will take care of that.

Her last order was to neutralize the threat of the Zunbil dynasty itself. Every Zunbil ship that tried to leave the planet was shot down by Sol Station. You can thank Uncle Martin for that. We have people raiding known Zunbil compounds as I type this.

We used the chips one last time before sending a de-activation signal. We got the feedback reader working, so we could ask a question, and the people could answer. The question was pretty simple: who would lead the Free Human League before proper elections could be set up. So, in a way, this was the first major vote on Earth in history. I voted for bint Sina, but she didn't win.

Commissary-General Zhu is very concerned about optics. So the first thing her new government is doing is a series of public trials of former Zunbil officials. They even got an advocate provided for them.

It didn't help.

Sweetie, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my disease sooner. My brain is degenerating very quickly. Even with all of Earth's technology, there is nothing anyone can do. I can't really form new memories most of the time. I forget where I am, I forget what year it is. Sometimes I forget you, and that hurts the most.

I don't want you to remember me like this. Instead, remember the house that your dad and I built. Remember how I taught you to weld. Remember how your bunny gave birth, and we stayed up all night to make sure she and her litter were ok.

bint Sina promised me it wouldn't hurt. It would be just like falling asleep.

I hope you understand. I will be waiting for you in the beyond, but take your time. It's a brand new galaxy, you can be anything you want to be.

I love you,
Siobhan O'Dalaigh-Dulo

Kayten fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 17, 2018

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Sic Semper Zunbillis

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
You get a Le Miz! You get a Le Miz! Everybody gets a Le Miz! And yes, you do have to pay the taxes on it yourself!

Anyway, important lesson here folks: when doing the whole bread-and-circus thing, it's a very, very bad idea to run out of bread.

Also edit, because I can: "One more day before the storm! At the BARRICADES of FREEDOM! When our ranks begin to form...will you take your place with MEEEEEEEEE?

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 10, 2018

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
The slaves ended up only taking one planet, right? Or did the whole empire fall?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Wait, do the League have four ethic points?

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

punched my v-card at camp posted:

The slaves ended up only taking one planet, right? Or did the whole empire fall?

Treadway and Earth fell: Broadleaf doesn't seem to have fallen yet, and Meredith Bay, St. Hossack, Gaia, and Grinstead seem to remain Imperial, although they may or may not be developed. Too lazy to check if there are others.

I'm morbidly curious to see if this was all a plot by the Sun Empress to seize control, because unless the station over Earth has been fortified rather heavily, Strike Force Medusa alone should be able to trash it.

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 10, 2018

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
This is an update that made me feel really sad for the general state of humanity, between the revolutionaries all literally breaking down from old age/disease and the descriptions of the slave mines. Though again, testament to the quality of the story that i'm really feeling the punch.

Can we get a summary/review of the planets? Or is it already getting to be a big deal keeping track of them from a narrative perspective?

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jossar posted:

This is an update that made me feel really sad for the general state of humanity, between the revolutionaries all literally breaking down from old age/disease and the descriptions of the slave mines. Though again, testament to the quality of the story that i'm really feeling the punch.

Can we get a summary/review of the planets? Or is it already getting to be a big deal keeping track of them from a narrative perspective?

Seconding both of these points.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Freudian posted:

Wait, do the League have four ethic points?

As the most ethical government in the galaxy at the moment, I feel they deserve it. (I think it's unique to rebelling systems?)

Jossar posted:

Can we get a summary/review of the planets? Or is it already getting to be a big deal keeping track of them from a narrative perspective?

Sure! Here's a quick overview of human-infested planets as of 2287.

Free Human League
Treadway (Barnard's Star II) - Capital of Free Human League. Ocean climate. Dotted with island-based mines and water surface-based plantations. Until the revolution, had a 50% Barde population.
--Population: 18 billion people

Earth (Sol III) - Human homeworld. Continental climate. Until recently, the capital of the Solar Empire.
--Population: 16 billion people

The Solar Empire
Central worlds
Faunus (Alpha Centauri III) - Interim Solar capital. Continental climate. First human colony. Really religious population.
--Population: 17 billion people

Abbassus (Sirius III) - Continental climate. Second human colony. Planet almost entirely controlled by the Bazargan. Negligible Barde population.
--Population: 18 billion people

Gaia (Sapad III) - Perfect world. Only recently settled due to space amoebas infesting the stellar system.
--Population: 5 billion people

Northern (?) worlds
Broadleaf (Earn II) - Tropical climate. Riddled with tropical mines. Mostly Barde population, currently rioting.
--Population: 10 billion people

Grinstead (Molbion III) - Tropical climate. Recently settled. Had a problem with nomadic trees, burned them all down.
--Populations: 8 billion people

Southern (?) worlds
St. Hossack (Zulei Cro II) - Tropical climate. Really old terraforming equipment found, disassembled. Far away from Earth (10 jumps). Recently settled.
--Population: 4 billion people

Meredith Bay (Unatra II) - Ocean climate. Recently settled.
--Population: 3 billion people

Schimmel's World (Hagawa II) - Tropical climate. Recently settled.
--Population: 3 billion people

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Kayten posted:

Earth (Sol III) - Human homeworld. Continental climate. Until recently, the capital of the Solar Empire.
--Population: 16 billion people

The Solar Empire

Bit of an awkward name at this point.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Can we get a labelled galaxy map?

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Tevery Best posted:

Can we get a labelled galaxy map?

Kind of. My most recent save is in 2320, but here's what I managed to grab from screenshots:

Central and Northern Worlds (Before Rebellion)

Sapad (the system Gaia is in) is south of Mirce. In the rebellion, the Free Human League took control of Barnard's star and Sol.
Note: Procyon and Pollux have no habitable planets. Procyon is home to the Grand Shipyards station. Pollux is filled to the brim with anchorages.

Southern Worlds

The southern worlds are separated from the central worlds by four more systems.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GunnerJ posted:

Bit of an awkward name at this point.

Sort of like the Holy Roman Empire. Not particularly holy, lost its claims to all Italian land in the 15th century, and not technically an empire.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Well, if we rename it The Zunbil Empire, then the Bardes have already won the real victory.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Wow! Amazing writing! So, is there going to be a state of open warfare with the Free Human League and the SOlar Imperium or a cold war?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4