Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

GunnerJ posted:

Now we'll never know why a member of the royal family was gifted an obsolete tablet probably found on an insurgent's corpse, the greatest mystery of the narrative.

The kid said his dad got the tablet, not that the tablet was given to him, so the kid probably just grabbed it out of boredom. The father, however he found it, probably realized how big the scale of "rebels have a back door into every slave chip" is from the previous recording and was probably planning on using that to score his family an advantage, as one does.

Only now he's probably dead, and the tablet is exploded, so the actual proof is gone. Caste politics at its finest, everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Why would Unrest cripple the Empire? What's the point of having Bardes if they're spending most of their time resting? :downs:

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
You get a Le Miz! You get a Le Miz! Everybody gets a Le Miz! And yes, you do have to pay the taxes on it yourself!

Anyway, important lesson here folks: when doing the whole bread-and-circus thing, it's a very, very bad idea to run out of bread.

Also edit, because I can: "One more day before the storm! At the BARRICADES of FREEDOM! When our ranks begin to form...will you take your place with MEEEEEEEEE?

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 10, 2018

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

punched my v-card at camp posted:

The slaves ended up only taking one planet, right? Or did the whole empire fall?

Treadway and Earth fell: Broadleaf doesn't seem to have fallen yet, and Meredith Bay, St. Hossack, Gaia, and Grinstead seem to remain Imperial, although they may or may not be developed. Too lazy to check if there are others.

I'm morbidly curious to see if this was all a plot by the Sun Empress to seize control, because unless the station over Earth has been fortified rather heavily, Strike Force Medusa alone should be able to trash it.

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 10, 2018

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
B: as if anyone would pass up the chance to talk to Zun himself, or prove that the religious leaders really are special.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Tindalos posted:

This is very worrying, a place of darkness? Why do the Sun Priests persist in investigating this place which is obviously opposed to Zun?

Black holes are collapsed stars, so technically, the inside of a black hole should be unlimited light, not darkness. You could even say that black holes are the only place darkness can never actually reach.

Should have figured this LP would somehow get the Horizion Signal. Hooooo boy.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Kayten posted:

I couldn’t quite get the explanation for them to work within the narrative. One of our vassals, the Grand Duchy of Earn to the “north”, settled a tomb world this early for some reason. It’s population self-modified with cybernetics order to not die a horrible death.

Couldn't they have settled somewhere smarter, like say...a volcanic deathscape?

Clearly though, someone really wanted to open an attraction based around killing the horrible mutants, and it created enough of an economy to justify building some infrastructure. More seriously, it would be a smart place to send criminals and rebellious slaves: the empire doesn't need the world at all, but it might provide some unexpected benefits, so it's slightly better than an outright prison planet.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
C for the long shot victory! Who needs a military anyway?

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Kayten posted:

Alright, calling it for Nusakan Border Regions.

Don't worry, it won't be all psychic puppies and robo-rainbows.

It's going to remain Spiritual Ethos, right? 'Cause I'm kinding banking on robo-rebellion against the masters as Bardes 2.0.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Siegkrow posted:

I don't understand any of the screenshots but I love the narrative.

Not much seems to have happened: The Border Regions expanded, started a war against the people who were backing their independence movement, signed a peace treaty(?), and asked for independence they didn't get.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
It Begins! Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism versus The Toasters! Burn this poo poo into the ground!

:gifttank: :legion:

*ahem*

I absolutely love to see how the counter-revolutionaries have become ZAIBATSU ENTERTAINMENT's bitches. Eztli is everything one would expect from a company built under the Sun Throne.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Still hope the Swarm kills everyone; it's the most sympathetic character here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
I don't know what's funnier: that Pujman is acting like a typical player (nurses a meaningless grudge, pretends the biggest player in the galaxy isn't a problem because it needs to murder another empire first) or this:

Slaving Despots: "remember when you guys were our slaves and had no rights? Weren't those the good ol' days?"

Omnis: *facepalm*