Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.

Iunnrais posted:

What is the "dangerous" threshold?

That depends in part on your happiness overall. Happiness penalties from low-habitability worlds and anomalies on said worlds can turn a "meh" pop into a rebel, and that's before things like "Everyone lives in impoverished conditions (slaves in basic subsistence)" and "The fallen empire humiliated you, take a huge influence penalty and -10% happiness for 10 years."

On the other hand, you can potentially GET so much happiness that even those clamoring for violent revolution are pacified by your Paradise Domes, Harmonious traditions, Riggan spice, and utopian living standards, enough that they forget that robots walk among them and their faction is being slowly pushed to stop existing.

...we're not going that way in this LP, though.

Also, the threshold for "happy" and giving that +Influence is 61% or more, and (correction) <40% is the Unrest threshold. More than 60%+ Happiness gives individual pops scaling bonuses to production and such; turns out people do better work when they're not starving and miserable and hating everything!

Base happiness is 50%, which is the "meh", but then they join a faction and take on that faction's happiness modifiers. So someone becoming Egalitarian in the Zun becomes absolutely livid about the treatment of Bardes and the jerk ruling from the top. Having less than 39% happiness makes the pop generate Unrest, which is countered by happy pops and factors like a good governor and ruler, strongholds on the planet (troops discourage dissent), etc.

Also individual pops can be Happy (gaining production bonuses) from all the stuff you heap on them like social welfare and paradise domes and riggan spice, but if the faction itself is unhappy you don't get the influence from addressing their factors.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
They won their rebellion, so it's currently a cold war - they hold those two systems, and if the Imperium declares rivalry they're stuck where they are [rivalry closes borders, their two systems are 'landlocked'].

They're very likely to look to claim and expand outwards through the Empire, though; Democratic Crusaders are a *very* warlike AI personality, and the Empire being a slave-holding, authoritarian Empire pisses them right the hell off, to say nothing of that -100 opinion penalty that's wearing off over the next 50 years.

I have the feeling Kayten won't close their borders, though, so they might look to claim ungrabbed nearby systems like Xarmaton and Rantor or further outwards.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
I personally think that Cybernetics and associated development of a robotic Barde caste will lead to remarkable advancements in altering the Bardes to be more compliant and permitting humanity rapid conquest of future worlds!

The consequences should be minor if anything.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 17, 2018

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Voting for C, fully automated luxury gay space communism to counter at least one oppositional vote. And because hell yes, FALGSC.