Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Dang, guess we'll never know how that match of CastleFite ended...

Things seem to be pretty calm so far, though we're starting to see some actual flare ups. Is there going to be anything in game to represent the chaos at the end or is that all just narrative flair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

This is an update that made me feel really sad for the general state of humanity, between the revolutionaries all literally breaking down from old age/disease and the descriptions of the slave mines. Though again, testament to the quality of the story that i'm really feeling the punch.

Can we get a summary/review of the planets? Or is it already getting to be a big deal keeping track of them from a narrative perspective?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

B

Obviously we must pick the option that results in us being able to bask in the wisdom of the beloved Sun Empress for an even longer period of time!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

This is actually turning out to be a pretty tight race so far, with only Cybernetics really falling behind compared to the other options. Clearly this means that the destiny of the Solar Empire is for all humanity to be converted into Bio-Psychics and use the power of their genetically enhanced brains to float off into space, free of the shackles of terrestrial life.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Ze Pollack posted:

psionics, alone among the ascension paths, Goes Some Places narratively

Yeah, with some of these places being ones where you don't need eyes to see.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I'm curious to see where the gateway goes!

Never saw the Irassian precursors before, that's also neat. Just be careful when the plague next breaks out. After all, what was, will be.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

To be fair, everything except the Whisperers causing people to go insane was part of entirely unrelated event chains.

Though the simultaneous cascade of at least 3 of them at once is pretty much the most Stellaris.png thing i've ever seen.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Erd posted:

What's the third? I've got the void, the worm that was and?

I was personally thinking of the Infinity Machine, although I guess you could also count the subterranean exploration stuff. Not quite as dramatic in scale though. The Infinity Machine also has some neat possible conclusions to it, though it's a matter of RNG as to what you get.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I suggest Blackholeians.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Anticheese posted:

...but only if we will bring about The End.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

C

They seem like good people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Fantastic as usual.

Also, you got the best ending to the Infinity Machine! This LP's really covering all the event highlights.