Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Why Can't We Be Friends? Let's Play Kirby Star Allies!

Hello everybody and welcome to my Let's Play of the new Kirby game: Star Allies. This is the most recent kirby game that has come out for the Nintendo which features our favorite Pink puff ball in his adventure to save his friends, whose hears have been corrupted by the evil Jamba Hearts.

In this game while we have the usual powers of absorbing the powers of our foes, when the evil Jamba Hearts were released, the good ones gave Kirby the unique ability to bestow a heart upon a foe and convert them to the side of good. This game also uses a feature where you can mix the elements of certain powers with the weapons of others. Making a seemly endless number of combinations Using this newfound power we follow Kirby and his Allies to the far reaches of the cosmos to fight this mysterious evil.

Join me and my companions as we take on Kirby Star Allies!

Latest Update

Copy Power Compendium

Table of Contents

ArknknuckleRpg fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Also I got a new blue yeti mic let me know how it sounds I’m still working on the post processing stuff so any advice is helpful

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Your audio sounds good to me.

I personally prefer videos of about half an hour long, it's much harder to sit down for an hour to watch a video. So maybe you could consider cutting your longer episodes into two parts and putting a couple days between publishing them.

I think the thread is fine as it is, but if you're looking to improve it, perhaps you could add a picture and a short description of each special power and partner as you encounter them. I'd put that in the post where you announce an update and then also add it to the first post (that makes it easier for new people to find and if you decide to put your LP on lparchive.org, having everything in the OP makes things a lot simpler for its administrator).

Anyway, this game looks quite pretty. Nintendo has been doing well on Kirby in the last couple years if you ask me.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Thank you for the input I will try to do the powers thing but they are quite numerous so I will try my best. And I will also start breaking up my videos more

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

In this episode my friend Andrew and I take on the first half of world 2 of Kirby Star Allies. At somepoint soon I will update these with the pictures of the enemies and powers that we encounter in the episode!

Edit: Episode is working right now lol

ArknknuckleRpg fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 24, 2018

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
Is there no commentary on purpose?

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Crap.... im gonna have to reupload it, it is supposed to have commentary

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Episode is re-uploaded

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Shock you never tried to just toss a heart at Dedede after you beat him.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

MonsterEnvy posted:

Shock you never tried to just toss a heart at Dedede after you beat him.

I don't know why I didn't someone did tell me that you can do it with the Wispy Wood though

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

In this episode we take on the second half of Planet Popstar and fight the corrupted Meta Knight!

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

After a bit of a hiatus, Andrew and I are back and taking on the Jambastion (Part 1)!

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018
Sorry about the lack of posts for this game, been kinda meh about it for some reason but I get into a funk about games sometimes, but I am over it now and will be uploading it regularly from now on!

In this episode we take on the second half of Jambastion and fight the last of the Generals of Magic!

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Alright, Andrew and I are back as we take on the first part of the next world, The Far Flung Star Allies!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
a few tips:

-Chef ability is temporary when Kirby gets it but as an ally it is permanent (until ally is dead). It's primary use is party healer and it would be great if this game wasn't so generous on food and lives.
-The electric gears you ran into last episode can be farmed for infinite stars and lives. Again, would be nice if you actually needed any.
-In the stage with the 3 walking bombs/missiles that give crash ability. If Kirby swallows 2 ability enemies at the same time, he gets ability roulette, which allows you to pick any ability in the game. That level has one of the few spots I've found where you can farm this. Again, it would be useful if this game actually gave you puzzles where the abilities needed weren't a screen or 2 away.

I feel that this game is really dumbed down and seems to lack challenge. A lot of the abilities have no puzzle purposes specific to them and are there strictly to fight with. Some fulfill the same roles as others (fighter and grappler can both throw, Samurai, swordsman, and beetle all have similar stab attacks). In terms of level design, there's a lack of theme in both this world and Pop Star. In fact you'll probably notice that this world seems longer than all the others. I get the feeling that the level designers were kinda rushed or told to make things somewhat simple. Almost none of the secrets are well hidden.

Of the things it does right though, the graphics are pretty and the soundtrack has some nice nostalgic notes of some of the older games. The combat reminds me of Sm4sh Brothers Smash Run levels, but without being knocked 10 screens away after every hit. There are some interesting level elements to work with if you could mod the engine to make your own levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

mastersord posted:

a few tips:

-Chef ability is temporary when Kirby gets it but as an ally it is permanent (until ally is dead). It's primary use is party healer and it would be great if this game wasn't so generous on food and lives.
-The electric gears you ran into last episode can be farmed for infinite stars and lives. Again, would be nice if you actually needed any.
-In the stage with the 3 walking bombs/missiles that give crash ability. If Kirby swallows 2 ability enemies at the same time, he gets ability roulette, which allows you to pick any ability in the game. That level has one of the few spots I've found where you can farm this. Again, it would be useful if this game actually gave you puzzles where the abilities needed weren't a screen or 2 away.

I feel that this game is really dumbed down and seems to lack challenge. A lot of the abilities have no puzzle purposes specific to them and are there strictly to fight with. Some fulfill the same roles as others (fighter and grappler can both throw, Samurai, swordsman, and beetle all have similar stab attacks). In terms of level design, there's a lack of theme in both this world and Pop Star. In fact you'll probably notice that this world seems longer than all the others. I get the feeling that the level designers were kinda rushed or told to make things somewhat simple. Almost none of the secrets are well hidden.

Of the things it does right though, the graphics are pretty and the soundtrack has some nice nostalgic notes of some of the older games. The combat reminds me of Sm4sh Brothers Smash Run levels, but without being knocked 10 screens away after every hit. There are some interesting level elements to work with if you could mod the engine to make your own levels.

I def agree with all of your points here, I remember in previous games you would often have to go to a different level (or a power room if they had it) just to get a specific power and then you had to NOT LOSE the power (which happened a lot more often than I care to admit) just to finish the puzzle, I think the ally system would have made this easier if the developers not made the puzzles so easy to begin with. I do agree that this game does lack the challenge of others but since i'm playing it with a friend we are just having fun with it.

• Locked thread