Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
a few tips:

-Chef ability is temporary when Kirby gets it but as an ally it is permanent (until ally is dead). It's primary use is party healer and it would be great if this game wasn't so generous on food and lives.
-The electric gears you ran into last episode can be farmed for infinite stars and lives. Again, would be nice if you actually needed any.
-In the stage with the 3 walking bombs/missiles that give crash ability. If Kirby swallows 2 ability enemies at the same time, he gets ability roulette, which allows you to pick any ability in the game. That level has one of the few spots I've found where you can farm this. Again, it would be useful if this game actually gave you puzzles where the abilities needed weren't a screen or 2 away.

I feel that this game is really dumbed down and seems to lack challenge. A lot of the abilities have no puzzle purposes specific to them and are there strictly to fight with. Some fulfill the same roles as others (fighter and grappler can both throw, Samurai, swordsman, and beetle all have similar stab attacks). In terms of level design, there's a lack of theme in both this world and Pop Star. In fact you'll probably notice that this world seems longer than all the others. I get the feeling that the level designers were kinda rushed or told to make things somewhat simple. Almost none of the secrets are well hidden.

Of the things it does right though, the graphics are pretty and the soundtrack has some nice nostalgic notes of some of the older games. The combat reminds me of Sm4sh Brothers Smash Run levels, but without being knocked 10 screens away after every hit. There are some interesting level elements to work with if you could mod the engine to make your own levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread