Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh I found that, didn't know what to do with the lost soul and the tainted enemy was way over my level and killed the gently caress out of me.
Don't have to worry too much about saving though, it always auto saves before you start a battle with those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you look at his profile in the character guide it tells you his kid is very ill too so, uh...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just did one of the random dungeon bosses at danger lvl 4, it was 23 levels higher than my party average. Could have gone a lot worse of I hadn't gotten a golden ball at about 50% health because that plus spamming Tami's ridiculous arrow rain attack took it down to 0%.
Glad I saved enough balls for a last level down or it would have been danger lvl 5.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know if the 500,000 guilder trophy is cumulative or you have to have it all at once?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry dude, I know you're an expert weaponsmith but we've researched everything now, time to go work in the fish market.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

The first game was definitely way more charming

Shame about the everything else

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's now funny to me that people are comparing the 'polish' of this favourably to other recent JRPGs because the only things that is actually polished are the graphics and everything else is hilariously cheap, the 10 total enemies in the game, the eastern continent full of nothing but copy paste caves but still takes up half the map, the absolutely nothing story that's just a sequence of fetch quests. At least the combat is pretty fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Each kingdom adds about 5 or so more enemy types until the after third one then that's about it.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 30, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Edited because I forgot the water place adds a few water enemies and the science place some robots

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finished it, what a weird disjointed ending. Given that the game seems so... lacking in areas I wonder if it was supposed to have a DQ V style switch to playing Ferdinand at some point

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So is there any explanation for why the post credits scene seems to make out that the stuff in the intro never happened?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Speaking of DLC has Bamco made any mention of what the season pass for this actually includes?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Suddenly glad I never sell anything and had smelly shoes on me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Let me know how many floors it is so I can decide wether or not I can be arsed, I got to floor 22 and all the enemies were level 80 something at danger 1 so a gave up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I kept hold of everything just in case, money is such a non-issue in this game anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

None of the weapons are any different other than stats so nope, just use whatever has the biggest numbers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, while it was lacking in some respects the combat didn't make having your fingernails ripped out seem like a fun alternative like the first game, so I prefer this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The talking to animals spell lets you start the quest where you talk to the the hamster people in a cave and eventually gets you the vet guy for your kingdom but I think that's literally the only time it's used.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Taear posted:

Where's that? Or is it post game?

There's a cave just past Niall's forest on a hill that I think you can only get to with the airship, if you have that spell and go in it automatically starts a quest. Once you've done that if you leave and enter again and there's a second quest that gets you a dude for your kingdom. You have to beat a pretty high level tainted enemy though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My last research was the boat house stuff because lmao why does it even exist?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My favourite part of the combat system are the skills which last for 30 seconds of you flaling your weapon about, have no way of cancelling and offer no invincibility frames.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've probably already said it before but given all the half-baked ideas and areas that seem like there should be more to it, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't supposed to be a much larger game at some point that ended up being cut down due to production problems.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played as Tani mostly and two of her ranged skills were insanely op to the point there was no reason to use anything else.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never touched crafted gear unless I needed something for a quest because the only time it ever overtook poo poo you could get just from random drops was in the post game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Having the same crappy NES combat like every DQ game is a flaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Taear posted:

Is that post game only? When I discovered them I went in and clicked the plaque but nothing happened. I expected the game to send me there to "purify" them or something.

No, you just need the last individual spell from the spellworks.

Anyone know if there's any point to refighting them other than for fun?

• Locked thread