Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

fridge corn posted:

Ive been really itching for a wholesome jrpg that doesn't offend my adult sensibilities and this game looks exactly like what I've been looking for

I've heard that it gets a bit earnest and almost saccharine at points but that's pure hearsay on my part

Getting loaded in soon as the download finishes, myself, looking forward to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ok yeah any game that starts with that cutscene in the first 15 minutes has my attention :stare:

So Zing, I gather it builds up faster on inactive weapons, right? So you want to switch basically when you use a skill?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oriental Hugs posted:

How anime is this game?

"Anime" without qualification is one hell of a lovely descriptor, mate

that said as of finishing chapter 1 it's very fairy-tale (and one leaning sliiiightly brothers grimm at that)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

It's super anime. The Ghibli aesthetic, and the "Japanese take on European fantasy" aesthetic are both very distinctive and particular. It's that

But anime is good though, so :shrug:

this right here is why

Ciaphas posted:

"Anime" without qualification is one hell of a lovely descriptor, mate

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Game should be about Roland becoming president of the world

Doesn't even fuckin hesitate to cap a mouseman

That opening just loving ruled in every respect

Speaking of did y'all know Roland's ranged attacks can be charged, because mine is a death beam and that is rad as hell. Not really relevant since it's probably less damage than just attacking, but still.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Except now this logic puzzle is making me feel stupid :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Raiad posted:

Uh mister president...

I think leaving the city that just got nuked to go on fun anime adventures isn’t a very responsible thing for the leader of the free world to do, and probably isn’t what people voted you into office to do

He's never gonna, y'know, reflect on that, is he

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Coldforge posted:

A magic bracelet, so common they're handed out like candy, that refills whatever ammo your ranged weapon uses.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Already Lofty is good but he is 100x better if you mentally insert what they clearly wanted him to say when he says 'flip!' in that... Welsh?... accent of his

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh no, now I'm at the part of RPGs that I always hate: picking which party member gets to sit out of combat and lose experience :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

There's actually a lot to the combat, but the game is pretty easy so it's easy to get by without using it. The Higgledy attacks are actually pretty powerful (every once in a while, a bunch of them will group up and prompt you to hit the use button, and do poo poo like pull out giant cannons and poo poo), and switching between weapons with 100% zing to use skills can also increase your damage output substantially.

I think it's a valid criticism of the game that they didn't include a hard mode or something. But I also don't have a problem with it being easy given the context. Maybe it'll get harder later but otherwise my experience has been the same as yours through Goldpaw.

Ditto, and I get the sense the main game is going to be this sort of difficulty all the way through, not counting any possible postgame.

But I'm ok with that, not all games need to be challenging :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

precision posted:

oh thank god, one of the first upgrades you can research makes you move twice as fast on the world map

I was just about to come into the thread to complain about the world travel speed. GOTY

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

What does charging skills do, again?

Also, in Skirmishes does Military Might mean anything other than being your pool for Special Tactics? Or do I need to hold on to it for something?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

you mean like with 100% zing? they're stronger and bigger and usually have some elemental bonus to them. spells just do more damage

military might is pretty much your hp, you spend it to revive your troops when they get knocked out.

I meant when you hold the button, it looks like he kind of stands there and charges something but I haven't seen a difference

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh yeah, I forgot they explained that! Thanks.

I should really just stop playing for a bit and read that manual but must find more people for my kingdooooom

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

precision posted:

The boss fight against the dragon made me feel like I was playing Monster Hunter again

camera and all :v:

just beat that up, along with my first tainted, a 22 magma slime at level 20. Magmanamous or something like that. Those things are no joke :stare:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Not far enough into the game yet to say, really, having just finished chapter 4, but it feels more like they're just echoing really positive, but un-nuanced, children's fairy tales in the characters like they are in the story

Motivations and suchlike don't need to make much sense in the face of that

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 26, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Are the citizen references from Swift Solutions the same ones you can just find as side quests, or are they all unique?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

There was something about Berseria's combat that just didn't click at all with me, and I don't remember what it was at this point. Might give it another try someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Really Pants posted:

muster my armies and burn this cave to the ground

?????

• Locked thread