Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I normally am one to agree with PJ, but here I kind of agree with the naysayers, sorry, Jane. I just don't think there's really enough compelling evidence for this being a Russian operation or anything. I mean, look at that first infographic in the OP. This nonsense is basically the Book of Revelations for the GOP Death Cult. The Messiah is mustering his forces and preparing for the final battle against the Great Beast and the Antichrist. The Faithful will be kept safe and rewarded in Heaven while the wicked shall be cast down into the Lake of Fire.

If Christianity could produce that sort of Apocalyptic literature organically (and obviously plenty of other religions and 'cults' have over the ages) why can't this cult? I mean, it's certainly possible that this is a particularly bizarre aspect of the Russian cyber-war against the US, but right now it just seems to me like cults gonna cult, and trolls gonna troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

BrandorKP posted:

Idealism can make one nuts.

I've always wondered with those the Secret folks, like how the gently caress do they explain the Holocaust? Like, what, did the folks in the concentration camps just not really mind it all that much? Because if ever there was a time when you had millions of people wanting/hoping/wishing for the same thing "please, please, let me be anywhere but here right now" I think the Holocaust would be it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Deathy McDeath posted:

The Q folks have always been very Pepe Sylvia about events and poo poo, but this post is very next level. It’s like Super Saiyan Pepe Sylvia

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/comments/8jcd7x/an_amazing_anon_made_this_graphic_needs_more_eyes/

Maybe my net is acting up again., but whatever image the OP of that thread linked to seems to be gone. What was it?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

GreyjoyBastard posted:

something quite important, but it has been concealed by the Deep State

:doom: CLINTOOOOOON!!!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I liked Q a lot more when he spent his time loving with Picard.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Yes, but Harvey Weinstein has three parentheses around his surname, so he is by definition a pedophile.
Seriously, you have to 'think' like a 4channer. They actually *were* making jokes about Weinstein and Dan Schneider - and some others - for years now, well before #MeToo was a thing. Except all of these jokes and 'allegations' on 4chan were almost never rooted in any of the reasons a person might suspect these men of being predatory, and rather instead had everything to do with (((Weinstein))) and (((Schneider))).

Holywood is a pedophile cabal of rapists not because of evidence or the allegations of victims, but simply because it is (in their minds) run by Jews and Jews/the Illuminati are pedophile rapist murderer satanists/whatever.

Remember: there is no nuance with these people at all. There is a reason why they could claim Obama was an atheist Muslim and why Jews are at once capitalist overlords and commie subversives. In the mindset of these people there is only the Good and the Bad. 'Muslim' 'Jew' 'Pedophile' 'Atheist' 'Communist' 'Feminist' etc aren't distinct types of enemy, but all rather simply flavors, aspects, or incarnations of the Bad. That's why some sort of Illuminati-esque organization/entity/force is so commonplace with these people. Because to them all the bad guys really are on the same side.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I know /tv/ was going on about Schneider since at least 2013 or 2014. Around the same time they decided that some other Nick show was a conspiracy to turn everyone into cuckolds.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
It's definitely eyebrow raising, and the whole fact he was involved with the Amanda Show and, well, we know how she turned out, does make me wonder if she isn't one of his victims. But a lot of the stuff the 4channers point out as evidence of his misdoings is stuff that could be cherry picked (I don't watch any of his recent shows, obviously, and I have no idea how common this foot stuff really is. The guy's been active since the 90s, you could probably cherry pick enough images and stuff to build evidence for anything by this point) and I don't really recall any of the 'infographics' 4chan made having anything from the 90s either. Maybe he was just more low key back then and just got brazen in recent years or so, but who knows. It's all a bit abroad from the topic of this thread, anyways.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Or, you know, her years (decades at this point?) long history as an unstable person? Barr seems to generally be mentally unwell, and what she really needs is help rather than judgment (and definitely not a platform) but I mean, like, come on. What kind of moron creates a plan that hinges entirely around an unstable person being stable? Barr can't help herself and if she was able to moderate or consistently make rational decisions, she wouldn't be in that sort of situation. It's the executives and whatnot who are the real idiots in this story.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

fishmech posted:

If media executives refused to employ unstable people, there'd be some pretty major changes in who you're seeing onscreen.

Stable enough to at least create the illusion of stability and something resembling professionalism. I don't doubt for a moment that Hollywood is full of people who through poor self-control and/or mental illness are unstable and irrational, but most of these people are able to at least able to create the illusion that they are otherwise and so do not cause trouble, at least in public, for their employers. Look at people like Wesley Snipes, or modern Johnny Depp from what I am hearing, and of course Barr. Lots of people in all walks of life struggle with psychological problems or character flaws that make them difficult to deal with on a personal level, but still manage to muster enough self-control to put a filter on it when in professional settings. There's a reason mental illness makes gainful employment and interpersonal relationships difficult rather than impossible. People can and do manage. Barr is clearly not one of those people.

I don't think - and certainly hope - that Hollywood is not so rife with personality problems and psychological instability that working with folks like Barr is wise or even necessary.

But what I'm more interested in right now is how the Qtips are handling it. Is this a sign that the Deep State (TM) is finally making (((Its))) move? Or is Barr some sort of bizarre fourth-dimensional false flag sign they are winning and the Deep State is in shambles?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
My absolute favorite thing about the Q stuff is probably just how juvenile it all is. Like divorce it, for a moment, from the political and racial aspects and from the fact that they honestly believe this stuff. It basically sounds like the sort of edgy grimdark stuff you'd expect a That Guy DM to throw at you or to see in some edgy fanfic or something. The bad guys control the whole world! They're so evil you guys! They, uh, victimize kids! Sexually! But violently, too! Literal cannibalism! They gently caress and eat children! Aren't my villains extreme!?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

hosed up if true.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Like cold reading or, you know, the first and most important rule in improv, a lot of this stuff seems to be based around just accepting whatever you are given and building on it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
'human cannibalism', as opposed to those other sorts of cannibalism that humans can engage in.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Remulak posted:

How did Trump break brains WORSE than Obama? I can’t even read movie gossip sites without running into these morons.

Obama was simply an uppity nig-bad president to rail against. Trump is emboldening. Trump is proof positive that they don't have to hide who and what they are. You can be a literal Nazi and a dumb as bricks one at that, and still rise to be POTUS with his entire party bowing before him like none have before, and with even the Democrats acting like he should be respected and ~decorum~.

He didn't break brains, not really. He just gave people the courage to be themselves. Sadly, people in this country are loving monsters, so that's a horror story and not an inspirational tale.

But really, it's because Trump is, for racist failures, the ultimate inspirational story. If he can do it, anyone can.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TulliusCicero posted:

Honestly the only thing that makes Trump different is that he inherited money and they didn't. Trump is for all intents and purposes, the same racist old nutjob they are. The only difference is in our great plutocracy the key point that he has money puts him above all of us, despite having the mental capacity of a hamster.

They see his "success" as something to admire and worship, when in reality he stumbled into it blindly by luck of the draw in life.

Yeah, no, sorry if I wasn't clear, that's exactly my point. Trump is so nakedly unqualified and unremarkable that it becomes an exceptional thing. On some level the Trumpstaffel know that the only difference between themselves and Trump is that he was born into money, and so they see that as carte blanche to act according to their true, monstrous, selves, rather than hide it.
In my opinion, fascist strongmen aren't so much persuasive as they are enabling. They aren't convincing otherwise decent people to suddenly be monsters; they''re simply convincing the monsters that they can come out of the dark.

Plus, you know, all Americans are just temporarily embarrassed millionaires. If the only difference between Johnny Klansman and Trump is money, well hot drat that is soon to be fixed because any day now they will become wealthy!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

fishmech posted:

You can tell this is evil liberal fake news because it lists JP Morgan's reason for causing the sinking of the Titanic to be killing opposition to the Federal Reserve. In reality, he had it sunk to attempt to hide the existence of an ancient warm-frozen Egyptian princess who can be revived with the right equipment and return to her dominion over the Levant in the right hands.

I've not heard that one before. Please tell me it's an actual conspiracy theory. :allears:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

The Illuminatus Trilogy.

One of my favorite books of all time.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Fulchrum posted:

Their latest excuse is that the normies just aren't ready to hear it yet and there would be mass riots if the truth about Q was revealed to America. Which is why the emphasis has moved to red pilling, they think that if they can get a critical mas of people to believe in this poo poo, then that will be the point that they get some actual proof.

If enough people fail to clap their hands, Tinkerbell will die. :(

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Mantis42 posted:

"Greetings. My name is Q. If my calculations are correct, you should be receiving this transmission in the year 2018 AD. It amuses me that you used to calculate your dates in relation to the life of an ancient man. You see, we have a slightly different timescale. But to make things simple, I am writing from the year 49,170 AD."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWbFni6_25Y

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
That kind of touches on to me what is the only really surprising and most fascinating part of this whole thing.
It's not surprising to me that the Q Cult exists. Its existed in some form or another for decades. As many others have pointed out in this thread, it's the culmination and synthesis of decades of Republican fear-mongering, cult-thinking, and moral panic.
What's actually surprising to me, though, is how effective Q has been at setting himself/themselves up as the new cult leader, even at the expense of old ones. Alex Jones vs Q, and Q won. And so on and so forth. It's surprising to me that authoritarian cultists would so readily abandon their old gods, and for no real reason, and all the more surprising when you consider Q isn't even a charismatic leader or something but a literally faceless 8chan shitposter posting literal nonsense.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Mozi posted:

Well obviously everything went down last month (just like Q said it would) but it's being kept under wraps for some reason so when Trump is impeached it's just his way of saying 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED', nothing else to do here.

That works for certain intangible/immeasurable goals, but not others. You can't quite use that line of thinking to explain why Trump is no longer president yet Hillary Clinton and Obama are both still visibly alive and free.

EDIT: Like, really, I think that's probably the Qult's biggest mistake compared to the other hucksters that have preceded it. They make concrete claims. I think that's why the Qult will ultimately have less staying power than other Republican conspiracy theories and cults. Once Trump is out of office, however that happens, the Qult will definitely dwindle to insignificance, although certainly there will be some die hard loonies who stay aboard.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Yeah, but you can get away with that (with idiots) as long as there's still hope of a next time. Once Trump is out of office, that hope fades (unless somehow his successor is a Republican).
"I guess he wasn't in Gitmo this time, but next time Trump will shove him in there, you'll see!" only works when you have Trump and the hope of a next time. Once Trump's out, yeah.

The only way I see the Qult surviving past Trump's term is if somehow Hillary and/or Obama die or completely vanish from the public eye between now and then. I suppose Hillary dying of natural causes is within the realm of possibility between now and then, given her age, although still unlikely, but barring violence, I think it's safe to say that it's pretty much outside of plausibility that either Obama or Hillary are dying anytime soon. So once Trump is out, there's going to be a huge crisis of faith because the two biggest concrete promises Q made have been unfulfilled.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Ague Proof posted:

They like doppelganger theories based on the same person looking slightly different in different photos (which is kind of weird because they also believe in crisis actors, based on two different people looking similar in different photos.) So they'll just say current Obama must be an Obama lookalike.

There are people who think Paul McCartney died in the 60s and was quickly replaced with a Fake Paul or Faul.

I was thinking that, but the thing is, that's an implicit admission then that the Deep State is still around, since they're actively covering up Obama's death. Trump isn't supposed to merely defeat Obama and Hillary, he's supposed to defeat the Deep State/Hivites/(((Cabal))). If defeating Obama and Hillary alone was sufficient, then yeah, they could say he had them killed and these are simply body doubles from the (((Cabal))) keeping up the masquerade, but Trump is supposed to have ended that. He's going to drain the swamp and #MAGA.
If Obama and Hillary are visible in any form after his presidency ends, then he has failed and I think most Qultists will realize this.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
There's also a whole set of crazy Youtube videos about how every prominent left-wing male is actually secretly a transman and vice verca with every prominent liberal woman being secretly a transwoman.

Like it's not even just limited to just Michelle Obama. Pretty much every single person who isn't a Nazi is transgender. And a reptilian. And a pedophile. And a cannibal. And.. and... and...

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
We know the Qult is an unholy alliance between Boomers and Chan Nazis, but I'm curious - are there any demographic estimates for the Qult? I'm legit curious if it's mostly young Nazis with a bunch of hanger-on Boomers, or if the old folks are running the home now.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Cactus posted:

Can't have it both ways.

Holding two or more mutually exclusive positions is base requirement for being a Conservative, let alone being a radical conspiracy theorist.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

To me 8chan is the most fascinating/baffling/confusing/amazing part of all this, really. The heart of the conspiracy is a website so full of pedophiles that even 4chan coulnd't tolerate them. It's like a group of Neo-Nazis basing themselves in an active Synagogue.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

business hammocks posted:

Just like in the 80s when these boomer jims were young, they don’t care about actual pedophiles but only pedophiles who represent the platonic ideal of what they engage in spiritual warfare against without having to actually do anything. The satanic panic didn’t give a poo poo about real pedophiles either: they considered kids getting raped by family or their coach or whoever (real pedophilia) trivial in comparison to satan-controlled mass pedophilia used to weaken the power of god through arcane rituals.

I know they don't actually care about pedophilia, but like in the 80s I don't recall the Satanic Panic folks rallying around NAMBLA or something. Like there's a difference between turning a blind eye to wrong-doing when it's done by your team, and actively basing your movement in a den of inequity of the exact sort of evil you are ostensibly fighting.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Two things.
1. I don't follow Schumer much so maybe she lost some weight since the last photos I saw of her, and I suppose maybe Dr. Ford was just wearing some very flattering and slimming clothing (and we did mostly see her behind a table) but - and not to fatshame or anything - I'm pretty sure that there's no loving way you could pass off Schumer as Ford. Like, if she was wearing a girdle, I'm pretty sure it would need to be tight enough that she would be visibly and audibly gasping.

2. What's the loving point? I can understand why evil idiots make up crisis actors for actual disasters, because they need the story to be not true but since the story relies upon a great many witnesses and supposed deaths, you can't simply say 'it's a lie' and be done with it. But why for this? Just say Dr. Ford is a liar and be done with it. You don't need a crisis actor to dismiss this story and protect Kavanaugh the way you need them to dismiss, say, Sandy Hook and whatnot.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

BiggerBoat posted:

So you're saying this theory is crazy and Q-anons make no loving sense?

hm.

It does stand out as a bit unusual even for them, though. Usually when I've seen crisis actor nonsense posted in the past, it's at least people of reasonably similar builds (although, owing to the faceblindness issues, often totally different faces). Schumer being Ford is a step beyond.

Plus, as I said, it's not necessary the way crisis actor stories usually are. Creating nonsense about crisis actors is necessary for something like Sandy Hook because they refuse to believe gun violence is real, but the story in question relies upon more than simply one witness/victim who's testimony can be dismissed. If you want to pretend that Sandy Hook isn't a thing that happened, then you need to invent crisis actors or something similarly absurd. But there's no such need with Kavanaugh and Ford. If you want to pretend that Kavanaugh is innocent, then all you have to do is what most mainstream Republicans are doing and just say that Ford is lying and/or mistaken. Making it so that Ford doesn't even exist and is in fact a crisis actor serves no purpose. Even if you want to pretend she's in the pocket of (((Soros))) or whatever, you can just accuse her of that. There is literally no purpose I can see that making her a crisis actor serves.

And that's what really stands out as odd to me. The lack of resemblance to Schumer was just idle musing, but the fact they made this story up at all is what strikes me as odd. Usually with conspiracy theory stuff, even the ones as absurd as Qanon, there is a clear purpose behind at least the major claims. Like with everything in Qanon so far, the purpose is pretty clearly a need to deny reality and invent stories about how/why the new Holocaust hasn't happened in spite of Trump's election. And everything they say and claim either directly serves that purpose, or serves to help explain/justify the other claims that do. But, as noted, there's absolutely no need for crisis actors here. You can just say Ford is a liar (either because the redpill says all women are liars, or because she's a politically motivated Demonrat agent) or that she's mistaken. You don't need to deny the existence of Ford as a person.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Well it's really good acting if true.

I've actually been kind of surprised how all-in DoJ has been with some of this stuff considering how Donnie treats the guy. I guess love of imprisoning browns and their kids is the one thing everyone in the administration can get behind.

To me it's one of hte most harrowing things, honestly. Say what you will about most Nazis, but they usually tend to have egos - and big ones at that. Sessions seems to be empty of anything besides hatred of minorities. Like there's no abuse from Donnie he wont tolerate so long as he's in a position to hurt browns.

Like it's pretty hard to have faith in mankind when someone who seems to be a literal hate golem exists.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

selec posted:

Make money off them. Just lay bets on it. Serious money, too; after all, you literally have no chance to lose. Tell them to put it where their mouth is, because after all, if they're so sure they're right, why not make an easy hundo?

Then just keep doing it. You don't even have to have the money in case you lose. There is literally no downside here because you get to ask them if they're so sure, and you don't mind losing, why aren't they willing to make it interesting?

The GOP in general and Q in particular are a cult. You can't make this sort of bet because special pleading.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

VitalSigns posted:

That's part of the shifting cultural mores.

Of course women who aren't homemakers are in league with patriarchal Muslim theocratic fundies, because they both represent something different than the patriarchal Christian theocratic culture I grew up with, and everything that is different is evil and bad and also all working together on the same side.

Occasionally someone will notice that feminists and Islamic theocrats don't share the same goals, no matter this either proves feminists are too stupid to know how Saudi Arabia treats women, or they go full incel with it and start believing American feminist women want to wear burkas and be the property of a sexy Arab lover who builds his bulging biceps by crushing white male skulls.

It's part of the extremely simplistic and dichotomous worldview that is part and parcel of the Conservative worldview. I've written a lot about it in my academic career and PJ touches on it a lot with their Narrative theory stuff. But basically even as far back as like the earliest bits of recorded history, you see this sort of narrative/viewpoint playing out. There is only the Good and the Bad and everything that is Bad is not a distinct enemy to be confronted on its own terms, but rather simply another expression of the Bad. It's why they can call Obama a Muslim and an Atheist in the same breath. Because 'Muslim' and 'Atheist' are not distinct and unique things, they are both simply expressions of the Bad.

Same with feminism and Islam, and whatever else. It's also a big part of the appeal of Illuminati conspiracy theories - Q included. It provides a 'logical' framework for everything and puts a name to the Bad. Atheists and Muslims are both pawns of the Illuminati. Etc, etc.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Where We Go One, We Go All.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Sucrose posted:

Oh, I tend to think that Qanon is almost entirely rooted in the extreme ends of Evangelical Christianity. Someone upthread made an excellent summary of how these people’s minds work, in that to them all “bad/deviant” things are just different manifestations of the same Evil (which is usually Satan).

It’s why in these conspiracy theories it’s never just a ring of pedophiles operating out of a pizza parlor, no, it’s a ring of elite, Satanist, cannibalistic pedophiles who wear children’s faces as masks operating out of a pizza parlor. Because if this imaginary group of evil people is doing one evil thing, they’re probably doing even more unimaginably evil things as well. Because in the minds of this brand of conspiracy theorist, ultimately, “Satan” has to be the driving force behind all of the evil cabal’s actions, not run-of-the-mill perversion or greed. In the minds of these people, the acceptance of homosexuality, the increasing secularization of society, various real crimes and actual pedophile rings, and the supposed existence and power of a cannibalistic pedophiliac elite cabal, etc, can all be boiled down to simply “The increasing influence of Satan.” It’s a conspiracy absolutely rooted in Evangelicalism, especially extreme Evangelicalism with an end-of-days bent.

It was me! Thanks! But I actually think you're sort of conflating cause and effect. I do think there's an enormous amount of overlap between these folks and Evangelicals and that the form QAnon has taken is a result of American Protestantism and its issues, but I think the underlying issue is independent of American Christianity. The sort of childish mentality that views the world in such stark Good/Bad dichotomies is what produces things like American Protestantism and Qanon. But you see it in other cultures, too, and throughout history. It's my opinion that what we would call Conservatism is its most common manifestation, and fascism is basically what you get when poo poo starts to go sour and the mask slips.

Also Kek/Kuk is really dumb and - surprise surprise - a misreading/misunderstanding of Egyptian/Pre-Christian religion/mythology. Kuk is the god of 'chaos' in the sense of the pre-modern use of the term; the formless darkness/abyss/sea that existed prior to creation. It's a primordial god of non-being, not a trickster god of chaos.
Although, really, a vacuous rift that needs to be removed before anything meaningful can exist is a pretty good summation of the problem here.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Empire State posted:

Okay, I remember seeing "kekekeke" in the past, so that makes sense. A chud version of "for the lols." I get that it sounds a bit like an Egyptian god, but do some of these crazies attach weird mysticism to it or is that all just goofiness?

My feeling on 'meme magic' and the Kek stuff - and by all I may be wrong since I'm less versed in this aspect of modern Nazism than others - is that it's a lot like how this current branch of Nazism was back when it first started on 4chan. Like most of the people going on about it are just shitposting and being 'ironic' but you probably have a small minority that sincerely believe and, over time, it may or may not become an accepted and mainstream position within the community.

I do think that when people say '4chan was always like this, you just got more woke' are kind of wrong. 4chan was originally mostly idiots shitposting ironic racism and just trying to be edgy and shocking.That is still unacceptable, awful, regressive, and bad in many and for many reasons but it's - and this is important - *different* from what 4chan is now, which is sincere and earnest racism and Nazism. At some point over the last decade, and I honestly don't know enough 4chan history to guess when, things shifted and the racism and Nazism became what people actually believed, rather than what they pretended to believe to get cheap rises out of people.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Even among Nazis you usually have only a minority that's into the REALLY bizarre mysticism. Look at Himmler and his romantic, idealistic, mysticism compared to the other more 'sane' Nazis, for example.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Fulchrum posted:

The most famous anime hero is a wife beater who disparages education. who transforms into a blonde haired blue eyed rage fueled muscle bound fighter, with the powers of a physical god, because his racial heritage says that he is genetically more perfect than all others. Yeah, can't imagine why it would be a breeding ground for Nazis.

Been quite some time since I re-watched Z outside of the Namek stuff, but when does Goku hit Chi-Chi? I don't think the Dragonball stuff really counts since that was in the context of a martial arts tournament. If a pair of lovers want to box with eachother, that's kind of weird, but hey, that's their business.

If anything, considering how Goku is emotionally and in most other mental regards a literal child, Chi-Chi is basically the abusive one in the relationship because Goku is way too loving under-developed to understand or consent to marriage.

It's actually about ethics on Namek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TulliusCicero posted:

Isn't Hillary that already though?

Also lol another BIG date come and gone. When will these loving simpletons get a clue, or will they still be waiting for the Tribunals and GEOTUS to save them when AOC is President in 2030, and Trump died bankrupt 9 years ago?

How many millions of people live their lives earnestly expecting Jesus to show up any day now and make everything perfect for them while smiting their enemies? They are awaiting the arrival of a messianic figure who - if he existed at all - lived and died over a millennium before any of them were born.

Qanon is a cult, even more than the regular GOP is, full stop. If you are approaching it logically as though it were a political ideology or movement, rather than what is: a religious movement - you are doing it wrong and will get nowhere. Donald Trump is a messianic figure for these people. If you run a world-filter over their ramblings and replace Trump's name with 'Jesus' then it reads more or less indistinguishably from the fevered rantings of American protestants from decades gone by.

EDIT: I know I've said it before IRL, and I think people in this thread have too. But basically Qanon is the Apocalypse of John for the cult that is the GOP. The GOP is the mainstream religion, and the Qultists are the mystics delving real deep and hard into the most esoteric and intense aspects of the faith.